Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It is not synth-edit. It is coded by Chris Kerry using his CK_engine system.

gunnare wrote:Hello!

I am sorry, I dont feel that copy from from one synthline to another is important enough to hire Chris Kerry to program it. However you can copy from a synthline to itself using the "copy from" function.
A patch browser is a good suggestion. It is not implemented in CK_engine yet, so there is no easy way to add it at this point. We have seen that many hosts have a very bad patch browsers, and really the host itself could need an update.......

Funny that you remember the Messiah bend interval selector! Yes the control section where it belongs is totally overcrowded, so I put it in the voice-card section. And I missed some popular intervals I learned after some user feedback. So I really made 2 mistakes at once:)

About those options that only shows in the dropdown list in Messiah: I never intended those to be available, but to my surprise they showed up, and it works fine, they are even recalled when you save and load patches. But my intention from the beginning was to limit those choises. Why? To make a sweetspot synth. Also in the design of ME80 we have taken much care to make it a sweetspot synth, with things like automatic gain compensation when you increase VCA velocity and Dist gain.

All the best
gunnare

Well, I guess the point with internal patch browsers is that people can easily share patches and make sound sets.
Mixcraft for instance saves patches in its own format (not fxp), which makes it almost impossible to sell sound sets...

I can copy from a synthline to itself? I don't quite get what you mean. Or I don't get the point of that... :)

Yes, I read it about half a year ago, but my brain tends to remember everything it shouldn't, and to forget what it should remember :D

I guess I will have to try it myself now that there is a demo. Mixcraft said they don't know yet what they will include in MC7. So I don't know if and when we MC users get the upgrade via MC or whether I might as well buy it now.

I got a mail from Chris Kerry about how the GUI Equalizer works:

Press RIGHT-CLICK and drag - this alters WIDTH/Q(L/R) and GAIN(U/D)
Press LEFT-CLICK and Drag - this alters FREQ(L/R) and GAIN(U/D)
If you Double Click on an EQ Band it will reset the Gain to Zero

Hint about fine adjustments with all sliders on the ME80:
You can press Ctrl to do fine adjustments, and Ctrl+Shift to do even finer adjustments.

Some secrets from Chris about the envelopes:
The VCA Envelopes can have more stages - up to 8 and use Repeat sections.
Just Left-Click in a stage and select either Insert Stage or Delete Stage, you can also set the Repeat stage (the Repeat section is from the Repeat Stage to the Sustain Stage) - this can be good for evolving sounds/pads/fx.

The ME80v2_extra bank ( http://www.memorymoon.com/downloads.htm )was updated yesterday: Robin Grinnall added 19 patches to the bank, and I adjusted wheel response in some of the old patches.

All the best
gunnare
Last edited by gunnare on Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The EU looks pretty cool for a synth :) Basically it is the same level as dedicated EQ plugins like the one from TB.

Just downloaded it, sounds nice. But it crashed MC twice within 3 minutes, i.e. not really usable, yet. Seems like some beta version.
And the user interface is still the same as before, too small and hard to read for me.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Just downloaded it, sounds nice. But it crashed MC twice within 3 minutes, i.e. not really usable, yet. Seems like some beta version.
And the user interface is still the same as before, too small and hard to read for me.
Works without flaws here, no crashes nothing. FL Studio & Studio One on Win7 x64.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I was using the 32-bit version. One crash happened when changing presets, the other when I clicked somewhere on the GUI.

Hi Fluffy,
First post here.
I made the RG sound patches for ME80v2 and 2.1. I have been using 2.0 for several months before official release. So far the VST has not crashed once in any version (I have used both 32bit & 64) but I only have Reaper to test it.

I do not have a problem with the size of the GUI but I appreciate a lot of people want something bigger. This is a common complaint with VST instruments especially as the resolution of screens has crept up. It was something that annoyed a few users with Sample Tank3 on the IK forums. That was a dramatic improvement on the old version though.

From the midi keyboards I view a 23" 1080p screen at a distance of roughly 31 inches. This is comfortable but I think a 27" 1080p would be better. It sounds like Gunnar is using a 720p TV screen so the GUI will be massive!

fluffy_little_something wrote:I was using the 32-bit version. One crash happened when changing presets, the other when I clicked somewhere on the GUI.
It was betatested before version2.0. And in version 2.1 we tried to fix all reported bugs from users , mostly Sonar X3, Ableton Live Suite and Cantabile.

Hm, what is MC? Is it Mixcraft? I have Mixcraft6 installed on my computer, I can do some testing. On some particular systems there is a crash first time you open the plugin, we have not found out why. Could you give som basic info about your system?

All the best
gunnare

Yes, that is right I have a TV with 1360x768 resolution. It is giant. Very many cheap laptops and even Ipad has similar resolution. There have now come a new breed of monitors with much higher resolution. I can imagine that it is small on those systems. Seems like basically all old GUIs will be outdated now. ME80 has photos in its GUI so it is not easy to make switchable GUI sizes. I think I must make different versions - small and BIG versions. Then I must order a new big GUI set of images from a GUI designer. I note this as a request.

All the best
gunnare

Yes, it crashes Mixcraft6 when you change presets. It is confirmed.
I think this happened from version 2.0 to 2.1. We changed a lot in the program change system from version 2.0 to 2.1.

All the best
gunnare
Last edited by gunnare on Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Modest size WQHD and 4k screens are not VST friendly, given the extra distance with a midi keyboard or three in the way.
Large ones would be welcome though as you can see all your VSTs, DAW and recording programs without closing and opening all the time. Costs in terms of space, power consumption and money though.

I think Midi Musicians are actually best off with the best 27" 1080p IPS panel they can find. Unfortunately the really high grade (decent colour accuracy) screens tend to be higher resolution but at least an IPS panel should be decent with a wide viewing angle. Dirt cheap big screens tend to be rubbish TN panels and TN types should be avoided.

Regards
Rob

gunnare wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I was using the 32-bit version. One crash happened when changing presets, the other when I clicked somewhere on the GUI.
It was betatested before version2.0. And in version 2.1 we tried to fix all reported bugs from users , mostly Sonar X3, Ableton Live Suite and Cantabile.

Hm, what is MC? Is it Mixcraft? I have Mixcraft6 installed on my computer, I can do some testing. On some particular systems there is a crash first time you open the plugin, we have not found out why. Could you give som basic info about your system?

All the best
gunnare
I guess I had that initial crash as well. There would not be any sound and MC froze.
32-bit MC, 64-bit W7, AMD 6-core prozessor, 16GB RAM, Asus ASIO sound card, 24-inch monitor @ 1920x1080.

I expect you already know this but that 32bit Mixcraft will only use 4gb of your memory as it is a 32bit program. The rest is available to the Operating system though.

Rob James G wrote:I expect you already know this but that 32bit Mixcraft will only use 4gb of your memory as it is a 32bit program. The rest is available to the Operating system though.
Yes, I know. But you know what, 32-bit vs 64-bit doesn't seem to make a difference on my computer. I also got Mulab 32 and 64 bit installed, they work just the same, can't tell any difference. Maybe because I don't use samples...
Unfortunately, Mulab shows other behavior that I don't like...

Return to “Instruments”