Thinking to get Tone2 nemesis ....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Blue 3 FM8 Nemesis 3

Hi there,

some background .... Win8 + Studio One / Cubase with Maschine studio + Virus TI2 with some VA s/w synths. Like to build Trance or any Elec music. For FM stuff, got Blue2 and FM8.

Played the demo of Rayblaster and Nemesis and I couldn't manage to produce any main stream patches of my liking (like bass, Lead and silky pad). I found it is pretty hard to "predict" or archive my expected end result when tweaking.

Anyway, back to Nemesis .... I didn't deep dive into it but programming is alot of fun. But I still couldn't managed to produce the patch to my expected result (but pretty close).

Question : If you were me, do you still go for Nemesis consider you have Blue2 and FM8.

Regards!
Cowby

cowby wrote: Question : If you were me, do you still go for Nemesis consider you have Blue2 and FM8.
I would say no. It is always nice to have more plugs, but you already got two of the best FM based synths. If you are not particularly fond of FM synthesis, I think your needs are covered already by your arsenal.

BTW: The KVR database is in need of updated info about Blue. It is now Blue 2, and the price isn't €79 anymore, but €149

http://www.robpapen.com/blue2.html

I currently don't own any FM synths, Nemesis and Blue II are both very tempting. I don't use FM synthesis that much, so one powerful one should be enough. Which is your favorite and why? I know trying it out yourself is important, but I'm curious about your opinion as well.

Though a lot of Tone2's marketing blurb seems just there to confuse me :hihi:, I think Nemesis does offer something different from Blue & FM8. Did a short review a while ago at http://rekkerd.org/review-tone2-nemesis ... er-plugin/
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

I own Blue 2 in the anniversary sale for 73 Euro and I think it's better than FM8. Blue 2 is easier to use as FM8 and to program.
For me it's a FM Monster. Extreme different to Bazille which is also FM

http://www.jrrshop.com/catalogsearch/re ... e&dir=desc

And it's on sale for $93.08

I don't test Nemesis so I can't say nothing on this synth
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Thanks all for the replies.

Blue2 has been with me for more than 4 months. I'll say the filter is a bit weak to me but other than that it just outperforms FM8.

I am currently playing Nemesis demo and I found that it has some kind of Tone2's sound signature - bright to me but I am pretty glad to see the waveform changing haha...

$199 (though JRR is having a discount) is a decision point :x

The filters are nice and meaty in Nemesis. It is definitely a multi method synth but not a cross fusion synth like Blue II.
To be honest, most of my FM type sounds I get from SynthMaster and FM8 and I have yet to use Nemesis in any real way.
But I got the tone 2 synths during a couple of sales (which seem kind of rare when their more than the ten dollars off that Tone 2 themselves have occasionally). Suffice it say, these particular sales gave me a no-brainer price on synths I had been watching for well over a year. So out of the four I have of theirs now, I use one and I'm sure given that option, each of us would have their one they liked most. But my favorite Tone 2 synth hasn't been Nemesis (good as it really is). And these days, I'm finding I'm using FM8 more and more for it's 'purest' quality of being straight FM more than the others.
Do you really need it? Probably not, given what you have.
Sooner or later the question of having it seems to win out in some GAS or bundle offering disguised as a 'sale' though.

Bottom line, it's a great sound and a solid synth.

Return to “Instruments”