sugar bytes egoist! Wow!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Egoist

Numanoid wrote:FL Studio is very funky, no doubt about that :D

Here is a grab of my screen, to show how it looks in FL Studio:

Mine in Live 9:
Bottom buttons are cutoff. Not quite a showstopper, just really annoying.

Standalone is worse:
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

How well does Egoist compare to Stutter Edit?

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/eff ... utter-edit

Those are 2 different products really. Egoist is more in the beatslicer vain which seems to be the dominant feature. Takes a sample and you can shuffle it around.

Edit: I guess I understand a bit the similarities since there seems to be a buffer shuffler thing in stutter. Is it more real time slicing or can you load a sample. Seems to be more much of an effect.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Yeah, Stutter Edit is maybe more akin to Effectrix than Egoist.

What I like about egoist, is that it's pretty easy to get going very fast and you can build up very long phrases. You also get the mini effectrix thing in there. The drums seem to be the more static part where u can't really load sample (maybe u can replace them, haven't look into that). i guess with the effectrix, u can totally color up the bass and drums.

I guess something similar would be transfuser by air music technology. Seems pretty advanced.

Looked at Transfuser, and that appears to be in the same vein, thanks for tip :tu:

The sale is ending today, so tomorrow the price is back up at $99 ;)

Numanoid wrote:FL Studio fix:

Click on the triangle in the top left corner of the instrument wrapper.

On the menu that then appears, click on "Detached"

That should fix it.
Never knew that, thanks! :clap:
[Insert Signature Here]

Numanoid wrote:Looked at Transfuser, and that appears to be in the same vein, thanks for tip :tu:

The sale is ending today, so tomorrow the price is back up at $99 ;)
Transfuser is great but can't deal with mp3 nor drag n drop from / to cubase, even with vst to xlm translator. Hope Air will fix that with v3 ! At $40 egoist is a no brainer for loop mangling, imo, although it needs some improvements like adsr on drums, multiple loops in a single instance, etc.

egoist needs an overwrite confirmation option for presets. I already lost one by accident.

mcnelson wrote:
Numanoid wrote:FL Studio is very funky, no doubt about that :D

Here is a grab of my screen, to show how it looks in FL Studio:

Mine in Live 9:
Bottom buttons are cutoff. Not quite a showstopper, just really annoying.

Standalone is worse:
Fits my 17" laptop screen perfectly. Standalone and in Live9 ... :)

Grabbed it for 50! Was waiting for the first chance of sale :D

Now, I have to be patient until I can try it out... fully booked for projects I won't be able to use/test it :(
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I did the same as others.. had my eye on Egoist since it was released and was just waiting for a sale. Picked it up from JRR Shop. I've got Geist already, but I really like the workflow of Egoist. Fast and fun!

This'll be a huge hit on the iPad, especially at the usual price point of practically nothing ;)

Wish they'd update Thesys and Consequence, ideally Era too as that's still one if the best sequencers, though I realise they inherited that product and code. Holger is/was a frigging genius
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Got it for 50 euros too and very happy with it.

I just have a little problem: on ableton live 9, if I try to drag n drop an audio clip into Egoist window, only the sample name loads but not the wave file, is it a bug or am I missing something? (i tried this with a midi clip frozen then rendered to audio).

Thanks,
t

Return to “Instruments”