iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Daags wrote:everytime I see this thread bumped in the sidebar, my heart skips a beat ... and I think to myself "this is it, they've updated it, they've fixed it, they're continuing development" ... and then i click on the thread and I die a little inside.

every time. hope dies last.
I hear ya!!! But it's such a unique and amazing instrument like no other, I still plan to use it as much as I can.

And it still works, if you encounter any bugs, you just work around them. But mostly it just works. :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: I wish that the developer would continue supporting Iris 2, but it appears that it was not a big enough hit for them to continue development. But the first time I heard it, I was like "gotta have that!!!".

I got it for cheap this year, and find that this thing can make great sounds that none of my other instruments can. So I plan to use it as long as I can, while taking any idiosyncracies into account...
Well, the longer I'm using Iris2, the more I like (>love) it and wish the developers would get back to work ASAP. While I found workarounds for some issues life with I2 would be so much easier if they took care of at least Simon's list of bugs/undocumented features. If they'd ask me about my priorities beyond that, I'd love to see extra, individual filters and outputs on each of the four sample channels. This and 30s release time (instead of 10s) on the envelopes and I'd be a much happier user.

atya wrote:
zzz00m wrote: I wish that the developer would continue supporting Iris 2, but it appears that it was not a big enough hit for them to continue development. But the first time I heard it, I was like "gotta have that!!!".

I got it for cheap this year, and find that this thing can make great sounds that none of my other instruments can. So I plan to use it as long as I can, while taking any idiosyncracies into account...
Well, the longer I'm using Iris2, the more I like (>love) it and wish the developers would get back to work ASAP. While I found workarounds for some issues life with I2 would be so much easier if they took care of at least Simon's list of bugs/undocumented features. If they'd ask me about my priorities beyond that, I'd love to see extra, individual filters and outputs on each of the four sample channels. This and 30s release time (instead of 10s) on the envelopes and I'd be a much happier user.
I agree, but I'm not getting my hopes up with iZotope. "He's dead, Jim!" https://youtu.be/MH7KYmGnj40

I think an active user like yourself stands a much better chance of interacting with indy devs like KV331, for example. I like some suggestions you have made on their thread, and I see that Bulent is implementing some of them for SynthMaster 2.9. :tu:

zzz00m wrote:
I agree, but I'm not getting my hopes up with iZotope. "He's dead, Jim!" https://youtu.be/MH7KYmGnj40

I think an active user like yourself stands a much better chance of interacting with indy devs like KV331, for example. I like some suggestions you have made on their thread, and I see that Bulent is implementing some of them for SynthMaster 2.9. :tu:
Yeah, hats off to Bülent for his ongoing dedication! :tu:

It feels especially idiotic in a case like Iris2 to abandon it right after that massive (and pretty cool) overhaul of the GUI and modulation. Some bugfixing and finetuning would go a long way to keep Iris as a must have for sound designers (although probably not for wobbly dub-step-producers they thought they should target... :nutter: ).
I think I don't really get how Izotope ticks - they seem to do a lot of strange stunts that make me reluctant to buy anything from them anymore, as nice as much of their gear is...
It seems so unnecessary - they are good, why the antics?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:...Some bugfixing and finetuning would go a long way to keep Iris as a must have for sound designers...
This!

Whether we like it or not, the music software market is actually quite small, and the developers have to chase the trends. It's pure economics at work, as they cannot afford to work for free. They have to sell out to get a paycheck.

I think at the moment the DJ scene is where a lot of focus seems to be shifting...

zzz00m wrote:I think at the moment the DJ scene is where a lot of focus seems to be shifting...
I think many of us believe this has been the focus for a long long time. That and bedroom EDM.

Chasing new and shiney is not a new thing. Some companies are just better at dealing with obsolescence than others. That's the only issue here.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

:lol:
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

:lol: Yup. That about sums it up!!!

Is that Deamau5 (deadmouse)?

Davinci!

The track‘s called Leonardo... :hihi:

BTW, in case anyone misses the xy-pad from the first version in Iris 2 - the free and widely configurable Midipads VST (32bit only) work like a charm in 64bit reaper and help me a great deal to max out some of my Iris patches and other stuff.
https://www.thepiz.org/plugins/?p=midiPads

(I just played around with an Iris 2 patch and discovered an interesting aspect of that patch restricted to a pretty small area on an x/y pad that most probably would have gone unnoticed with just the regular controls.)

Return to “Instruments”