iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Iris 2 is a great synth. Don't listen to the whining from the Iris 1 crowd.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Iris 2 is good, don't get me wrong, Ive had it since launch, but it was abandoned, just not officially. Same with BreakTweaker except that one was officially abandoned.

at $29 its a great deal

I would love to see iZotope resume development on Iris, but I got the impression that the Iris 1 crowd gave a rather harsh reception to the Iris 2 upgrade. That may have sealed its fate. I hope I'm wrong about that!

Dillinger wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:14 am
at $29 its a great deal
The 11GB sample library alone is probably worth that! :D

zzz00m wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:31 am I would love to see iZotope resume development on Iris, but I got the impression that the Iris 1 crowd gave a rather harsh reception to the Iris 2 upgrade. That may have sealed its fate. I hope I'm wrong about that!
This was what I witnessed as well. It seemed some were upset about buying expansions that were now being included to all with the update to v2. At about the same time, some were very vocal about initial bugs on the mac platform and became combative (not to blame them). I've also heard that development on it was very expensive and was deemed by VC to be undesirable (this was hear-say, no proof).

For creative sound design, it is one of a kind, has a great time stretch algo Radius RT and as you said the fantastic sample library, contributed to by the likes of Dave Spears I do believe, as well as others, is well worth the sale price.

First of all its different! That made me get the deal immediately...
I guess this kind of developement requires a crazy developer be bound to the company for being able to sustain it. Crazy developers don‘t like to be bound, they spill out their wonderful idea and move on. Someone else would need to maintain that beast... Or they have to be paid a fortune until the company gives up for the high cost...

Is it possible to have both installed and separate ? (Iris 1 & Iris 2).
I have 1 and would buy 2 if it doesn't mess with the sounds I have for 1.

I bought 2, yesterday, and 1 still seems to be working fine.

Musical Gym wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:01 am The Iris Collections have just been added to the HGS Group Buy if anyone's interested.
"..the Circular Group Buy is a great opportunity to get the HGS Iris collections. We are almost at 3 Bonus Products now and all 5 of Iris releases are available as selections!"
Great opportunity to pick up several new Kontakt libraries/instruments that are very inspiring/innovative. No-brainer buy-in price.
https://hgsounds.com/product/circular-for-kontakt/
That is pretty tempting! I still need to choose my bonuses. Any advice on which Iris libs are the most useful? How do they differ from the Iris 2 factory library?

Ph-J wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:04 am Is it possible to have both installed and separate ? (Iris 1 & Iris 2).
I have 1 and would buy 2 if it doesn't mess with the sounds I have for 1.
Yes you can have both versions installed, independent libraries.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:52 am Yes you can have both versions installed, independent libraries.
Thanks, I just bought it (29$ :o )

$29? Definitely a no-brainer!

Is Iris officially discontinued?

I don't think so. Just officially ignored. :party:

I simply would not expect any updates to it. If a synth isn‘t updated for years and gets a price drop of 80%... If it works and seamingly all potential users who would pay any price for it have it already, one could get some extra cash in with that method...
Issues which have not been fixed in the last two years most likely won‘t be fixed ever. But who knows, they might recreate something like that from scratch and call it v2... I don‘t think so...

Return to “Instruments”