Air Hybrid 3? Opinions, comparable with?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hybrid 3

fluffy_little_something wrote:It is a strange synth. Just played around with it again after work, on my headphones it sounds really odd, as if it were hiding from my ears. Quite different from the speakers.

Are we still talking about Hybrid 3 ?
fluffy_little_something wrote:Not sure yet what to do, but I do feel like I need a step up from both Hybrid 3 and Sylenth1. Else I might as well drop this whole music thing altogether :P
May I suggest Photography or Fly Fishing. Maybe take up Politics. :tu:

You're chasing shadows Fluffy. Learn to love what you have because the mythical Unicorn of Perfection does not exist. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

New iMacs have retina 4k displays, so that is enough of the market for pro apps to warrant developers supporting it. Plus just a 16" laptop at 1920x1080 will be awfully small too. I can understand the complaints. Not for myself though, it looks fine here.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Teksonik wrote:Are we still talking about Hybrid 3 ?

You're chasing shadows Fluffy. Learn to love what you have because the mythical Unicorn of Perfection does not exist. :wink:
I think it might have to do with the doubling control, which "dilutes" the sound, the effect of which seems stronger on headphones.

Well, I do have the Repro 5 demo on my computer and it sounds rather different in a positive sense. Of course that comes at a high price (CPU load), but still...

fluffy_little_something wrote:It is a strange synth. Just played around with it again after work, on my headphones it sounds really odd, as if it were hiding from my ears. Quite different from the speakers.

Not sure yet what to do, but I do feel like I need a step up from both Hybrid 3 and Sylenth1. Else I might as well drop this whole music thing altogether :P
You need to make some music and upload it and let the other hear complete (short or long) piece of music, not only a riff or two! There are many reasons why this is important (especially for you), but I'll let you guess them by yourself.

For me, I feel very motivated to explore the 20sh + synths I have (includes Hybrid 3, Vacuum pro/classic and Loom 2). I want to use them all as I really love them all! Some old and some new, but I like the sound of all of them.

I also want to use Sonivox libraries. I have none of their synths, but I believe their Percussion/Orchestral libraries are good ones. I have no idea of their support as I didn't need it yet, but to be honest, I just contact Simon if I have important issue and I already contacted him many times and he always solve the issues so fast and with absolute care :) So, I'm not worried about support really while he is in charge.

Kind of sounds like a synthesizer made for Reason.

...calm down I"m just kidding.
:borg:

It's so annoying. Double post again. Wanted to edit instead. Why can't one delete such a post??? @#$!&€
Last edited by nichttuntun on Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nichttuntun wrote:

Not sure yet what to do, but I do feel like I need a step up from both Hybrid 3 and Sylenth1. Else I might as well drop this whole music thing altogether :P
Haha. Could be all that doubling and stereo widening stuff. On headphone or a mono system that phase shifting stuff can easily result in frequency whipeouts. Generally I would never record tracks for a mix with those features are enabled and the best all tracks in mono. There are free vst channel tools out there to test mono compatibility. Maybe I am wrong but that could be one of the nearest reason.

Brap on!
fluffy_little_something wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Are we still talking about Hybrid 3 ?

I think it might have to do with the doubling control, which "dilutes" the sound, the effect of which seems stronger on headphones.

Well, I do have the Repro 5 demo on my computer and it sounds rather different in a positive sense. Of course that comes at a high price (CPU load), but still...
Repro 1 and 5 are awesome state of the art machines when it comes to analog gear emulation. I love them although I own some old analog hardware synth myself. The mentioned u-he synthesizers are in no way comparable to Hybrid. But again one should makes clear that every synth has its advantage and is usable and good in its own way. Comparisons are actually good for nothing :wink:

Brap on!

It does have an odd sound to it.. Clean but not crisp. Sort of flat, but I still like it.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Hybrid along with Synthmaster and Synthmaster One or my to goto, quickly usable and great factory patches, VST synthesizers! All three I use a lot for dance style upbeat tunes.

Here is my latest composition, except for kick, snare, and cymbals, all made with Hybrid - https://youtu.be/VCiZhJCiHtA
"Scuba divers work best under pressure!"

https://www.youtube.com/user/DKDiveDude (Original music and hardware videos)

I picked this up dirt cheap a while back without really trying it properly. Just a couple of months ago I had a go with it hoping it could be a cheap Sylenth killer. It wasn't.
I make videos about synths, you can find my channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/synthratings

I wonder if there will be a Hybrid 4 at some point. Bought v3 in 2017 i think and while its a cool synth, it is a tad small. v4 or not, i hope they add resizing in the future.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Lots of room for improvement with Hybrid. I like the base sound, but, I dislike that it goes monophonic when you use unison, that the oscillators are mono, the wavetable audio quality, and the additional Decay 2 parameter (totally useless IMO). If they nail those things out, while obtaining the sound character, Hybrid 4 surely would be a cool synth. :) Not much movement from AIR Music Tech at the moment though...

Absolutely agree.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Unfortunately I have abandoned all iLok protection software includes AIR Music ones. I liked Hybrid 3 but it has a "soft" character. If AIR would abandon iLok, I will buy their bundle again.

I have e-licenser but I don't have any problem with it. iLok makes my computer slow at startup! I have no idea why! I have tried installing and uninstalling it several times, but it sure felt much more responsive and fast in startup when I uninstall all Pace crap.

Anyway, AIR needs to think of its strategy in development and pricing. I don't mind to pay more for an active development/update for their software. They are selling it very cheap in discounts, but IMO, they could do Magazine versions instead of those 90% discounts! It feels cheap even though the software originally was expensive in the past.

For now, I much prefer other software GUI and sound. So, AIR, get rid of iLok, update the synths (seriously) and sell for a reasonable price! Not expensive ($149 is silly) not very cheap ($1 !!!).

yes not a fan of iLok either but it works, never had a problem but i just know one day it will act up and i have to update or whatever. not going to do that though. i'll just use it as long as it works.

Return to “Instruments”