Synthogy Ivory anyone?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
danielmm
KVRian
868 posts since 2 Jan, 2003 from In the foothills of the Rocky Mountains

Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:28 pm

Looks like you can purchase this now from Sweetwater but I haven't heard a lot about it. Kurzweil guys were involved in the developement of this so I have high hopes for it. No MP3 demos yet as far as I can tell.

http://www.synthogy.com/pages/ivory1.html

Some of the screen shots are gorgeous...

dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

jon9091
KVRist
85 posts since 2 Nov, 2003

Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:43 pm

Interesting. Looks like it's Mac only for now. AudioMidi.com also has it available as a pre-order. $329 is pretty pricey, but if it's through Ilio, you can pretty much bet the quality is top notch. 20 Gigs!!! :o

best,
Jon

danielmm
KVRian

Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:55 pm

Ya , now I see the Windows support in 2004. Didn't see that before. :(
$329 is pretty pricey, but if it's through Ilio, you can pretty much bet the quality is top notch. 20 Gigs!!!
20 gigs and lots of control that I haven't seen in any soft pianos. :) (mechanical noise control etc.)

dano
Isn’t that crazy?"

pfung
KVRer
19 posts since 31 Jan, 2004

Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:17 pm

You know...I've been looking forward to trying this product. As a matter of fact, I'm going to trade in my Radium 61 and buy the keystation pro-88. I'm a piano player at heart...hope IVORY would live up to the billing.

Patrick
I'm just a nobody telling everybody about Somebody who can save anybody!

jon9091
KVRist
85 posts since 2 Nov, 2003

Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:34 pm

danielmm wrote:Ya , now I see the Windows support in 2004. Didn't see that before. :(
$329 is pretty pricey, but if it's through Ilio, you can pretty much bet the quality is top notch. 20 Gigs!!!
20 gigs and lots of control that I haven't seen in any soft pianos. :) (mechanical noise control etc.)

dano
Ya . . . I'm a little stumped on that "Synth layer" section.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted if I happen to get a hold of it first. Would *love* to toss The Grand in the dumper.

best,
Jon

DevonB
KVRAF
7752 posts since 24 Feb, 2003 from Earth, USA

Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:41 pm

I'd really like to try this piano myself too, but damn, it's like sample libraries are going to start needing to come with their own hard drive included, sheesh. Granted, I do have 80 gigs of samples... on an 80 gig disk. I need more space! Ugh! Here I thought 80 would be enough.... dumb me...

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

danielmm
KVRian

Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:30 pm

I'd really like to try this piano myself too, but damn, it's like sample libraries are going to start needing to come with their own hard drive included, sheesh.
Some of these libraries are huge when you think about it. Has anyone tried a portable USB hard drive for something like this?...similar to this.http://www.usbgear.com/all-usb-drives.cfm
...or is USB too slow......
dano
Isn’t that crazy?"

DevonB
KVRAF
7752 posts since 24 Feb, 2003 from Earth, USA

Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:38 pm

danielmm wrote:
I'd really like to try this piano myself too, but damn, it's like sample libraries are going to start needing to come with their own hard drive included, sheesh.
Some of these libraries are huge when you think about it. Has anyone tried a portable USB hard drive for something like this?...similar to this.http://www.usbgear.com/all-usb-drives.cfm
...or is USB too slow......
dano
I know someone who went firewire for VSL library. That's fine, and know works.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

Alouf
KVRist
70 posts since 31 Dec, 2004

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:58 pm

What do you guys think of the Ivory demoes now that they are available?

AndrewSimon
KVRAF
2565 posts since 30 Mar, 2004 from Phoenix AZ USA

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:28 pm

Return to “Instruments”