Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

Two questions:

1. I may be buying Omnisphere 1 during the Grace Period as the Upgrade to V2 will be FREE if this will save me money.
https://www.spectrasonics.net/sales/tec ... ucts_id=28

So where does one buy the Omnisphere 1 for the lowest price?
A quick look: Omnisphere 1 is priced is at $479. A bit high.

2. In the Spectrasonics 2 Interface Tour (at bottom)
https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/omnisphere-2/
The Enhanced Orb with Attractor mode is in the Window and am wondering if it will be multi-touch capable.

I hope that Spectrasonics 2.1 (fall 2015) will have the Orb and many knobs and slider on the multi-touch resizable window. In short a multi-touch midi controller. I believe the Windows 10 will add several multi-touch features. Will also be great if on the same window as the orb there is a midi keyboard and other creative multi-touch note generating tools?

I'm gonna buy two copies so I can load twice the number of instances in my DAW!!

menthol wrote:I'm gonna buy two copies so I can load twice the number of instances in my DAW!!
Cool if you do that then please give me your other licence because you'll still be able to load multiple instances with just one copy. :lol:
:borg:

menthol wrote:I'm gonna buy two copies so I can load twice the number of instances in my DAW!!
why 2? let's stack and make it 8x unisono!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I honestly can't wait for this. So excited. Looks good and sounds incredible. Love the new preset browser.

One small UI request for Glenn, Eric and the Spectrasonics team.

It generally looks good but please please please consider removing/toning back the brushed metal panel effect. I can forgive the skeuomorphic metal rail/handles but the brushed metal is so 2002. Repeat after me ;)

Spectrasonics is better than faux brushed metal.

Hugs from San Francisco.

:hug:
Last edited by C.Bennett on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

V0RT3X wrote:
Cool if you do that then please give me your other licence because you'll still be able to load multiple instances with just one copy. :lol:
Obviously my dry wit escaped you. :wink:

menthol wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:
Obviously my dry wit escaped you. :wink:
I wasn't sure because you get all kinds on KVR.

Some people have money to burn. :hihi:
Last edited by V0RT3X on Thu May 07, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

C.Bennett wrote:I honestly can't wait for this. So excited. Looks good and sounds incredible. Love the new preset browser.

One small UI request for Glenn, Eric and the Spectrasonics team.

It generally looks good but please please please consider removing/toning back the brushed metal panel effect. I can forgive the skeuomorphic metal rail/handles but the brushed metal is so 2002.

:hug:
Oh, 2015, you're suggesting a gold panel aren't you :D

C.Bennett wrote:I honestly can't wait for this. So excited. Looks good and sounds incredible. Love the new preset browser.
It looks better than ever to me, but I can easily wait.

sound lock, arp lock
:hail:
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

cocoazenith wrote:sad.

having a NFR license after buying a $249 upgrade. priceless.
Exactly...that's why they will not be seeing a cent from me,
anyways i have hundreds of things light years better then this.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Eric now looks like a cool B-Movie action hero!
BasariStudios wrote:
cocoazenith wrote:sad.

having a NFR license after buying a $249 upgrade. priceless.
Exactly...that's why they will not be seeing a cent from me,
anyways i have hundreds of things light years better then this.
so what does this mean? if omnisphere 3 is out i can again upgrade? why should i sell my omnisphere? i give a crap if it becomes NFR i have to admit!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

werp wrote:sound lock, arp lock

+1 little :hail: dude to *that*!!

werp wrote:sound lock, arp lock
+1

Those are two (of many) features that I'm really looking forward to. I'm also interested in being able to select patches based on my mood, especially if I can combine moods, like, oh, say....frisky petulance, or nervous euphoria.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Looks like a killer upgrade.

$249 is a bit on the steep side for an upgrade. :( I'll still get it tho'.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Instruments”