Titan 2

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRian
1036 posts since 31 Dec, 2006 from the hills above beautiful Boise, Idaho

Post Tue May 26, 2015 12:18 pm

I bought Titan a while back and regretted it. So many sounds were very similar and sifting through them all was a real PITA! Based upon my Titan 1 experience I wouldn't pay $20 for Titan 2. Anyway, with Omnisphere 2 sounding so brilliant, Titan 2 can take their "12,500" similar sounds and shove them where the sun don't shine. :tu:

KVRAF
5231 posts since 20 Jul, 2010

Post Tue May 26, 2015 12:34 pm

GANGNAM - Style
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

KVRian
771 posts since 5 Oct, 2009 from Portland, OR

Post Fri May 29, 2015 9:16 am

So, did anyone get this thing? Is it really just factory presets of the represented synths? And if so, is it a more or less complete representation of them?

I noticed "Osphere" listed... what would Eric say?

KVRAF
2391 posts since 29 Jun, 2005 from La La Land

Post Fri May 29, 2015 9:33 am

quantum7 wrote:I bought Titan a while back and regretted it. So many sounds were very similar and sifting through them all was a real PITA! Based upon my Titan 1 experience I wouldn't pay $20 for Titan 2. Anyway, with Omnisphere 2 sounding so brilliant, Titan 2 can take their "12,500" similar sounds and shove them where the sun don't shine. :tu:
I like your fire! :lol:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

KVRAF
25857 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Post Fri May 29, 2015 9:35 am

For some reason or other I am biased to sample libraries based on soft synths.

I'm just not very interested.

I feel it is better then to buy the soft synth that only takes a couple of MB harddrive space, instead of buying 20GB+ HDD guzling libraries.

KVRAF
6992 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Fri May 29, 2015 9:58 am

I think I may sample this so I have a copy of a copy of an emulation....
What an utter waste of HD space.
PC, Studio One, BWS, Live, FL Studio, Renoise, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths, Grove Boxes + Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars & Basses

KVRian
839 posts since 26 Jan, 2014 from United States of America

Post Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:06 pm

Numanoid wrote:"TITAN 2 emulates no less than 266 synthesizers"

But many of them seems to be soft synths, so have we started emulating soft synths now? :?
I just discovered this synth, or what ever it is...

Ha ha, Numanoid! I was thinking the same thing while listening and watching the demos.
I have most of these synths in hardware and software. But I like the blue graphics...

I can not tell... what are all the instances? Are they the instances of the same thing? Can I assign them to the different MIDI channels, kind of like Kontact instruments?

Did anybody buy it? I would like to hear from a real person using it, if it is possible. Is it really sounds as tight as the demo video, where almost each sound he selects sounds ok?

Thanks.

KVRAF
5573 posts since 13 Jan, 2005 from the bottom of my heart

Post Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:23 pm

For that price no chance to upgrade here.. ;)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

KVRAF

Post Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:29 am

quantum7 wrote:Anyway, with Omnisphere 2 sounding so brilliant, Titan 2 can take their "12,500" similar sounds and shove them where the sun don't shine. :tu:
I think I agree with that, better to save up for Omnisphere than spending some on Titan 2

KVRian
787 posts since 8 Jan, 2012 from frankfurt, Germany

Post Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:11 am

I bought titan2 during vstbuzz promo and i like it. I only scratched the surface by 22K sounds, but so far I tried out some DIVA sounds and they aren't factory preset sounds or stolen from any soundset. (I bought for my favorite synth Diva lot of soundsets and they created new patches for their samples)
So far i tried out around 200 sounds (1%) and liked almost every sound, so for 90€ I have an arsenal of good sounds, but i'll never try out all sounds, it's to much, a real overkill. And I'll not remember any soundname, but if i have enough time to look for that sound, i'll find it, or some good other inspiration.
The quality is good and if i need some basic sounds i can manipulate them with my vst effect plugins, because the gui of titan2 is a joke and makes no fun to work with.
In comparison to uvi, trilian and nexus, the sounds don't have to hide.

KVRAF
5573 posts since 13 Jan, 2005 from the bottom of my heart

Post Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:48 am

Now the full T2 cost the same as the upgrade from T1? Where is the price for T1 owner?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

KVRAF

Post Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:31 am

murnau wrote:Now the full T2 cost the same as the upgrade from T1? Where is the price for T1 owner?
Almost the same situation as Discovery to Discovery Pro upgrade then, sale price of Disc Pro is almost the same as upgrading/crossgrading :(

KVRAF
6018 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Post Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:05 pm

Astralv wrote:
Numanoid wrote:"TITAN 2 emulates no less than 266 synthesizers"

But many of them seems to be soft synths, so have we started emulating soft synths now? :?
I just discovered this synth, or what ever it is...

Ha ha, Numanoid! I was thinking the same thing while listening and watching the demos.
I have most of these synths in hardware and software. But I like the blue graphics...

I can not tell... what are all the instances? Are they the instances of the same thing? Can I assign them to the different MIDI channels, kind of like Kontact instruments?

Did anybody buy it? I would like to hear from a real person using it, if it is possible. Is it really sounds as tight as the demo video, where almost each sound he selects sounds ok?

Thanks.
Reminds me of Wusik Station (not the UI just the sample based softsynths) and the old ui for garritan (aria?)

Not to go too far off subject but the only thing I like about wusik is Eve. What's funny is if you watch the MusicComputing Studio Blade videos the included sounds UI is identical to Eve.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

KVRAF

Post Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:13 pm

There is also something fishy about this claim:
The library's sample-content comprises a massive 80GB. Thanks to inaudible data-compression, this amount has been reduced to a friendly amount of approximately 25GB
I mean that is awesome compression, usually when I make lossless copies of WAV files with FLAC frontend I only manage to compress files 40-50%

So almost 70% is quite unusual, either there is a lot of empty space in these patches, or they should sell their compression technique as a separate product as such compression rates are fantastic for lossless

KVRAF
32443 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:12 pm

tapper mike wrote: Not to go too far off subject but the only thing I like about wusik is Eve. What's funny is if you watch the MusicComputing Studio Blade videos the included sounds UI is identical to Eve.
Looks like they have licensed a custom version of EVE.

Return to “Instruments”