Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave

Post

They are claiming it is scheduled to be released May 5th: for €150 (maybe less for countries with lower VAT-rate): http://www.thomann.de/dk/waldorf_nave.htm

Post

I saw on Waldorfs webpage that they had split the Nave page into the regular ios app version page and vst plugin version page. On the vst plugin page you can download the installers. However no mention in their shop yet, but I saw some other stuff on the shop page that I could not place, "SL ..." something.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Post

Ok thanks for the info. I downloaded the PC version and installed it. It says "beta RC5" so it must be for the beta-testers. After installation the plugin asks for the e-license activation code (which I don't have). When you click the main window in Nave you get transferred to the shop-page for Nave where it says "in stock" but it's not available to add to basket at the moment:
http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/nave

Post

Hans25 wrote:Ok thanks for the info. I downloaded the PC version and installed it. It says "beta RC5" so it must be for the beta-testers. After installation the plugin asks for the e-license activation code (which I don't have). When you click the main window in Nave you get transferred to the shop-page for Nave where it says "in stock" but it's not available to add to basket at the moment:
http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/nave
I had noticed the avaiable download too and RC5 is the latest "Release Candidate" that AFAIK should be similar to v1.0. It is possible that there will be a few changes for the final version, if not at least that folder will be renamed to properly represent the final version.

Of course you need a license to use the plugin, also if you want to use the demo. One good thing about the eLicenser is that the installers for the demo and full version are the same while it is possible to provide different kinds of licenses (e.g. time limited demo licenses, other time limited licenses and of course unlimited licenses)

Besides that there are no official details about a Release date yet (while it should not be far..). Maybe more will be published during Musimesse.


Currently everything seems to be prepared for Musikmesse that starts on Wednesday this week. Due to that it will be quite difficcult to get a response from official Waldor fsupport this week. I'll be at Musikmesse on Friday this week. The developers of Nave (Rolf Wöhrman and Stefan Stenzel) should be there too.
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Post

€150 is just an insult to Win/OSX users, why does it costs almost 10 times as much as the iOS version?

A lenghty feature in latest Future Music underlines that "at this point, there is little doubt that the sonic power of Apple's recent iOS devices goes way beyond that you might find if they were just toys"

So obviously it is not a different market anymore, as some users in here want us to believe.

Post

Numanoid wrote:€150 is just an insult to Win/OSX users, why does it costs almost 10 times as much as the iOS version?

A lenghty feature in latest Future Music underlines that "at this point, there is little doubt that the sonic power of Apple's recent iOS devices goes way beyond that you might find if they were just toys"

So obviously it is not a different market anymore, as some users in here want us to believe.

I have an iPad and using that version while fun it is not as practical for production as a VST, you have to get a midi/audio interface, so drop 150 USD more.

While I agree it's quite horrible it's more expensive I think 99 USD would be a fair price.
dedication to flying

Post

The gui is a joke right?.....right? :o

Image

Post

Numanoid wrote: A lenghty feature in latest Future Music underlines that "at this point, there is little doubt that the sonic power of Apple's recent iOS devices goes way beyond that you might find if they were just toys"
You'd be happy to run ONE instance of Nave in iOS, while in a PC or Mac you can run MANY, concurrently, inside your favorite DAW, together with other synths, samplers, whatever. And you can use several formats - there IS a difference that's far from being neglectable.
Last edited by fmr on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Post

Numanoid wrote:€150 is just an insult to Win/OSX users, why does it costs almost 10 times as much as the iOS version?

A lenghty feature in latest Future Music underlines that "at this point, there is little doubt that the sonic power of Apple's recent iOS devices goes way beyond that you might find if they were just toys"

So obviously it is not a different market anymore, as some users in here want us to believe.
Agreed.

The whole idea of "apps are cheap because they're apps" and "VST's are expensive because they're VST's" worked when the underlying software was different. It's a tough sell when it's the same software just ported to different formats. On the other hand, was anyone honestly expecting it to be $15?

These are relatively uncharted waters, so it will be interesting to see how these pricing decisions play out over the next few years as this happens more and more often.

Post

fmr wrote:
Numanoid wrote: A lenghty feature in latest Future Music underlines that "at this point, there is little doubt that the sonic power of Apple's recent iOS devices goes way beyond that you might find if they were just toys"
You'd be happy to run ONE instance of Nave in iOS, while in a PC or Mac you can run MANY, concurrently, inside your favorite DAW, together with other synths, samplers, whatever. And you can use several formats - there IS a difference that's far from being neglectable.
There is, but users expect that the R&D costs are most of what gets passed on to them. In addition to what you point out, there's multi-platform support, having to deal with the various hosts, etc. I don't think anyone was expecting this to be $15 or whatever the iOS version costs, but is a 10x increase justifiable for those features? Maybe. Maybe not. I'm honestly not sure.

Post

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:On the other hand, was anyone honestly expecting it to be $15?
No, but rather €75 than €149

Post

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:In addition to what you point out, there's multi-platform support, having to deal with the various hosts, etc.
As I understand Windows Surface is soon going to be shipped with the same version of Windows 8 as regular laptops/desktops.

So devs should be able to reduce their development costs accordingly, at least on Windows.

Post

Well, let's turn things around. Would Waldorf be able to sell Nave for iOS for 149 €? No. Because it's another market, and people don't shell out 149 € for a mobile app. But you can be sure that Waldorf sells a lot more copies of Nave for iOS, than they sell for Windows/Mac. Again, it's a different market. The VST/AU will be sold mostly to people who are serious about audio production. Apps are rather for people playing around with their device.

In this case, i'm a bit disapointed also though, as Rofl Wöhrmann who developed Nave said in a german audio talk once that he doesn't understand why VSTi's have to cost more than 100 €. Well, i'm sure Nave will be cheaper one day. I'm also sure you pay at least 30 € for the Waldorf brand. It's like dat. :P
Last edited by chk071 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post

Hans25 wrote:They are claiming it is scheduled to be released May 5th: for €150 (maybe less for countries with lower VAT-rate): http://www.thomann.de/dk/waldorf_nave.htm
Great! Fingers crossed it will be actually stable enough to use by December!

Nave is my all-time favorite iOS music app. I've been waiting for a modern plugin (or even hardware) equivalent for a long time. It will be great once it is both out and more or less bug-free.

Also, regarding the price: We are still at a place where people simply won't spend more than 20 dollars for an app, while people are perfectly comfortable paying up to hundreds for PC/Mac plugins. Companies charge what they think customers will pay, it's as simple as that. They'd charge more for the app if they thought anyone would buy it.

Post

Its quite stable as it is. It's a nice synth, it sounds great. As for the price, well it's the company choice. There have been a lot of additional work since the app. was released.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Return to “Instruments”