KX77FREE - 30 07 2018 > Update of all x64 VST - new releases - fixed recent bugs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kx-Modulad Kx-Polym-CSE Kx-PolyMod Kx-Synth-X16

Good to see someone still makes sophisticated stuff with SE.

With your particular synths I find the naming unfortunate, though, they are rather similar to each other, anyway.

I don't even understand the download table, so many versions and stuff...

The website is also a bit screwed up, see screenshot...
https://app.box.com/s/5ac8j8nr1k3g2m6knvvu3sc2z3ucgp99

fluffy_little_something wrote:Good to see someone still makes sophisticated stuff with SE.

With your particular synths I find the naming unfortunate, though, they are rather similar to each other, anyway.

I don't even understand the download table, so many versions and stuff...

The website is also a bit screwed up, see screenshot...
https://app.box.com/s/5ac8j8nr1k3g2m6knvvu3sc2z3ucgp99
What is your browser and OS? That help me to understand.
My url is a simple html page with a frame to scroll the main page. I tested it with the last Firefox and Chrome and all text sizes seem good. I wrote a lot of help texts inside my url and my VST plug-ins, so what I missed ???
I'm on Seven 64 bit and normally it's the same on 8.1.
You must follow the instructions inside the Readme texts or use the setups to install my VSTs.
With your particular synths I find the naming unfortunate
Yes but KX is simple to memorize.

Modulad = a lot of modulations like a modular + additive synthesis.
Synth-x16 = Synthi+x16, x = multiplied = more features and x16 it's the name of my sequencer (16 patterns of 16 steps), etc...
PolyMod = Poly Modular or Poly Mini because when I started the KXPM series in 2003 I wanted to do a Poly Mini Moog structure with a lot of modulations.
CSE = CS Edition because there are a CS70M sim inside.

Xavier
Last edited by kx77free on Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Re,

21/06/2015 - The last bonus bank of the Kx-Synth-x16 with the tutorial "On the Run" is available inside the zip and the setup (only Poly). Sorry for my mistake when I did the last update.
If you have already downloaded the 5.0c, just you need to download the KX-SYNTH-X16.zip to get the good bonus bank.
This bank is only for the main poly version (M = Mono, Fx = VSTe for FX only).
But the X16 files (sequencer) are compatible between all versions.

I also updated my tuto about On the Run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeL2fhNALpI

:party:

Xavier
Last edited by kx77free on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thanks Xavier :party:

Hi,

12/07/2015 - Update of main plug-ins:
Kx-Synth-x16 5.0d / Kx-PolyM-CSE 1.1g / Kx-Polymod 1.59/ Kx-Modulad 3.02
Fixed bug:
- New SDK3 SEM modules of all main plug-ins to prevent a possible bug of x16 sequencer during the initialization of a very large session in your DAW (Cubase 5 bug).

http://kx77free.free.fr

:borg:
I put the sequencer SEM outside the main grouped SEM because this one is too big and could create a CPU spike when the initialization of many plug-ins in some case.
My first idea was to group all my SDK3 SEM into only one and to do another for the SE SDK3 SEM.
Now I done one specific SEM for each plug-in with only the KX77FREE SEM and the SE SEM used by the plug-in.

Xavier

Hi,

16/07/2015 - Update of main plug-ins:
Kx-Modulad 3.03 / Kx-Polymod 1.60
Kx-Modulad:
- CPU use improvement by setting the poly reserve to 0.
All:
- SF2 player improvement, now the sleep mode (on/off) works even if a SF2 bank is loaded.

Sorry for these very close updates but I recommend you to update your KX77FREE plugins if you use those of the May update.

Xavier

The initial release of the Kx-PolyM-CSE was the last thing I downloaded before my Internet connection went from unreliable to non-existent. When I finally got back online a year later, the KX77FREE site was among the first three or four I visited - just as M. Kalensky had updated the PolyM-CSE to 1.1d (and a few hours before it was announced on KVR).
Also among the updates was version 5.0 of my beloved Kx-Synth-x16, which had been at version 4.3 for more than 2 years (and, I feared, abandoned). Along with the traps/envelopes that I'd always hoped for (well, for about five-and-a-half years, anyway), it also included several new filter modes that I'd never even dreamed of.
Since that time, aside from a few instances of the PolyM-CSE and - recently - the PolyMod, the Kx-Synth-x16 has been the only software instrument I have used in any recording.
Just thought it was time to say:
Thank you (again) M. Kalensky.
And ...
Happy Anniversary!
None of the really dumb people I knew when I was young are young any more.

Hi,

Thanks Syntilla, 10 years ago I created my url, I shared my first VSTi's in July 2005.

@fluffy_little_something
Thanks, I relooked my download table and I checked my english page, I found one paragraph with a fixed size, if your browser modifies the paragraph width inside the frame like the first Firefox, it was possible to have a mixing of the text.

http://kx77free.free.fr/English-page-download.html

Check my url about my last updates.
http://kx77free.free.fr/English-page.html

I used 4 different KX77FREE plugins (Synth-x16, Modulad, Polymod, PolyM-CSE).
This session is based on my last track but I wanted also to test my last versions of my VSTs using the unison mode of the Kx-modulad, etc... to check all in my Cubase with a complex session.
Note about the Kx-Synth-x16:
The version number is memorized in the preset, so this is why you can see 5.0b on its panel because I used the presets done before the last updates.

Another Electronic Dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWM1lJcVp94

You can download also this track on my url in WMA 24 bit/48k (compatible with VLC on Mac):
http://kx77free.free.fr/data/wma/2015/A ... -Dream.wma

Hi,

06/08/2015 - Update of Kx-PolyMod: ver 1.61
Fixed bugs:
- Wrong internal file name of the HTML help.
- Possible CPU overload with the oversampled filters if the input signal was the SFO with a level greater than 0 dBFs.

kx77free wrote:Hi,

@fluffy_little_something
Thanks, I relooked my download table and I checked my english page, I found one paragraph with a fixed size, if your browser modifies the paragraph width inside the frame like the first Firefox, it was possible to have a mixing of the text.

http://kx77free.free.fr/English-page-download.html

Check my url about my last updates.
http://kx77free.free.fr/English-page.html

The page is displayed correctly now it seems :tu:

Your synths look similar and complex. What sets them apart from each other, in a nutshell? If I were to demo one of them only, which one would you recommend? I know you will refuse to answer this question, but which one is the best? That's like asking a mom which of her children she likes the most, I suppose :D

fluffy_little_something wrote:Your synths look similar and complex. What sets them apart from each other, in a nutshell? If I were to demo one of them only, which one would you recommend? I know you will refuse to answer this question, but which one is the best? That's like asking a mom which of her children she likes the most, I suppose :D
Yes, each plug-in use a lot of common KX77FREE features.
Since 2007 I started to work on modular or big semi modular structures, at each step I found great ideas to improve the ergonomic or the main features of my Kxmod system (vintage features which could be activated or not).

The Kx-Modulad is my first work on my band limited oscillators (without aliasing) and on the second panel of this plugin I included a professional tool to build analogue waveforms with additive synthesis (Kx-WaveTracer).
I tried to pre-connected all possible main connections.
Now, I prefer use a matrix to manage the modulations because with paged panels you cannot see all connections.
This synthesizer done good SCI or other 80's synths simulations, nice pads and its has inside a good stereo SF2 player for mixing samples with synthesizer sounds. You can use it to build waveforms and share them with the other KX77FREE plugins.

The first Kx-Synth-X16 was a monophonic sim of the VCS3. Ones of the original features of the first version were the mini-knobs for the matrix and the possibility to change the background colour of the main panel (idea of Novaflash). Finally I decided to implement inside an extended version of my Kxmod system with one relative parameter panel for each voice (6 voices) and also to add a CV and Gate sequencer. You can also control with its Midi output other VSTis or hardware synths.

The poly version is a little complex for a novice but to learn and understand the modularity, it is fine. The novice can start to learn with the monophonic version.
The actual Kx-Synth-x16 is not a simple VCS3 sim but a multi-purpose polyphonic modular synthesizer with a lot of great and unique features, it's a "gastronomic" synth, not an "hamburger" for teenager.

A lot of peoples who like this one, it is for its VCS3 or Synthi filter simulations, the quality of its oscillators and the possibilities of its envelopes (ADSR or Trapezoid mode with velocity controls).

I like this one specially to do filter fx, poly instrument sim, noise, fx, leads and vintage analogue sequences.

Because the Kx-Synth-x16 is too complex to do a simple Mini Moog lead, per example, I decided to rebuild my KXPM serie started in 2003.
On the PolyMod I worked to simplify all on only one panel, I keep the matrix to manage the modulations but the audio signals are controlled by simple selectors.
On the skin I use bold police to signify that the parameter name is also a selector, I keep the mini-knobs for the matrix and the secondary parameters. I also added a new version of the stereo SF2 player.

In fact, the PolyMod look like a super mini Moog but like my other products it is very multi-purpose but it stays simple to use.
Because I simplified its structure to reduce the CPU use, you cannot build a patch with feedback, it's very less modular than the Kx-Synth-x16 but very powerful than a simple Mini Moog sim.

I like this one for the classic analogue leads, pads and drums (sf2 player).

I decided to add a true CS70 sim inside the PolyMod.
You can choice to use the CS70 offsets or not if you want do modern analogue presets.
I simplified my x16 sequencer for this plugin and this one can read only one track of a poly sequence done with the Kx-Synth-x16.

I very like this one, specially for its CS LFO and its dual channels structure.
It is easy to use, more modular than the Kx-PolyMod.
Very powerful to do classic vintage sounds.

So, If I must recommend you one of my VSTis to start a test, I will recommend the Kx-PolyM-CSE.

Xavier

Thanks for the breakdown in a nutshell, a GM coconut shell :D

Excellent overview of your synths, M. Kalensky!

I would describe the Kx-PolyM-CSE as 'deceptively simple' - intuitive and easy to use from the get-go, but deep and flexible enough to really grow into.
Those 'pin' matrices make all the difference - I don't know why more synths don't have them!
(Personally, I would love to see a 'wide-screen' version, with an extra matrix for the signal routing - but I understand why that might not be practical.)
I discovered the CS synths quite late - the CS-80 was the first I actually played, but I made a point of seeking out the mono synths soon after (and had a CS-60 on loan for several months only a few years back). This plugin is capable of emulating the architecture of most of them near perfectly (and it's not much more than an extra pair of filters short of being an '80 clone). Sound-wise it's uncanny. Yet to think of it as simply a Yamaha clone would be to seriously underestimate its capabilities.

The Kx-Synth-x16 (mono version!) remains my weapon of choice, though - not simply as the best Synthi clone out there, but because it 'feels' like every synth I ever truly fell in love with back in the '70s.
Which, I guess, will only make sense to those who felt the same way.

Thanks for the new track (Another Electronic Dream). The 'background' textures show a real lightness of touch - whenever I attempt anything that complex, it just sounds 'busy' and the mix turns to sludge.
Loading it onto my mp3-player, I noticed the date on 'In The Darkness' - last December! With the exception of Radigue's Adnos, that's the longest any track has ever stayed on the player. (And I think it may well be the only YT video I ever watched more than once.) It was also a bit of a surprise to see that it's over 12 minutes long - it always seems like about half that length.
Good work - keep 'em coming!
None of the really dumb people I knew when I was young are young any more.

Syntilla wrote:I discovered the CS synths quite late - the CS-80 was the first I actually played, but I made a point of seeking out the mono synths soon after (and had a CS-60 on loan for several months only a few years back). This plugin is capable of emulating the architecture of most of them near perfectly
Thanks for that, I'm glad to see that you are the first who tells me something about this hard work, probably because you really know how a Yamaha synth really sounds. The PolyM-CSE is really a true CS70M sim because all CS' offsets and others features are based on serious tests and analyzes of an old CS70M.

Actually I'm testing my VST on 88.2k and 96k and the sounding results are very good, for my next tracks, I will try to record them in 88.2k.

I worked on new EP presets these last days on the Kx-Synth-x16, I found a little bug on the voice 2, so I did an update:

17/08/2015 - Update of Kx-Synth-x16: ver 5.0e
Bonus bank rewritten, 43 new presets added (Poly only).
Fixed bug:
- The velocity value to the envelope segments of the voice two was always set to max (Poly only).

Xavier

hi,

17-20/08/2015 - Update of Kx-Synth-x16: ver 5.0e
- Bonus bank rewritten, 43 new presets added (Poly).
- The presets of the FX version have been cleaned.
Fixed bugs:
- The velocity value to the envelope segments of the voice two was always set to max (Poly).
- Unstability of the monophonic version M with VSTHost on XP.

Following an user bug report, I tested on VSTHost 1.54 the Kx-Synth-x16 M version on XP computer with a poor configuration based on Atom first generation etc... And I found some instabilities. Normally the Kx-Synth-x16 M can run on this kind of configurations ( 20% to 40% cpu use on VSTHost).
This is why I preferred to solve this bug even if I hope you do not use a little old notebook to do music.

About the preset of the FX version, I saw that some velocity parameters were active on the presets. So that can create a confusion because to see them you must push the velocity button...

Xavier

Return to “Instruments”