Lynx 1.03 Over 1000 presets! Lots fixes and new features!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Eleventh
KVRist
333 posts since 1 Dec, 2012

Post Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:29 am

This thing sounds great! :tu:

IMHO, the wave editor could use some usability improvements, though. A thicker line for the wave display for starters.

Oh, stereo spread for unison oscillators would be really nice! And bigger max value for the LFO speeds, and maybe a mod matrix so you can assign those weird LFO shapes to modulate other things besides volume? :)

Also, you can't undo a paste in the wave editor for some reason.. :ud:

EDIT: OH! And alt+click/double click for resetting knobs to default position would be a welcome addition.

layzer
KVRAF
6592 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Re: Lynx - Drawable Unison Synth Updated to 0.71

Post Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Eleventh wrote:This thing sounds great! :tu:

IMHO, the wave editor could use some usability improvements, though. A thicker line for the wave display for starters.

Oh, stereo spread for unison oscillators would be really nice! And bigger max value for the LFO speeds, and maybe a mod matrix so you can assign those weird LFO shapes to modulate other things besides volume? :)

EDIT: OH! And alt+click/double click for resetting knobs to default position would be a welcome addition.
great suggestions, esp the LFO mod. modulate weird stuff like resonance and PD phase
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

kokotte
KVRian
698 posts since 17 Sep, 2014

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:00 am

thanks for your great synth, light on cpu, good sound, perfect for waves creation, a nice tool and a freetool !
good suggestions too
keep it up!

Xenobioz
KVRist
397 posts since 4 Jul, 2006 from Sweden

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:00 am

Thanks!

I guess if you have high resolution it might be nicer with thicker lines. I'll try increasing it with one pixel, don't know if it will be a lot of extra work though. When it's just one pixel the code is very easy. :hihi:

Stereo spread would increase CPU. I've been thinking about it myself as well though. When I can get or do a good stereo filter then I'll add it. So Maybe in lynx 2. :hihi:

On an early version i had an exponential slider for the LFO. Giving really fast LFO speed with the knob near max. But then I lost precision for some more useful rates. If you have a simple shape like a sine you can use the Harm function to multiply the Wave Frequency. You loose a little precision, but on fast rates it probably doesn't matter.

I wanted to keep this synth simple, so no mod matrix. But maybe for 2.0 or later. :wink:

Double click for reset would require to replace almost all knobs loosing all settings for presets.
The only place were I think it's useful is on the Finetune knobs, which already can be reset by clicking on the FINE label above (when it's blue = not default position).

Thanks for finding the bug with undo paste. I'll try to fix it. :borg:
layzer wrote:

great suggestions, esp the LFO mod. modulate weird stuff like resonance and PD phase

You can already modulate the PD phase with an LFO. You can also modulate Filter Cutoff but not resonance. I tried to keep options to minimum for Lower CPU and easy of use. But I'll consider it for later versions.

Xenobioz
KVRist

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:11 am

kokotte wrote:thanks for your great synth, light on cpu, good sound, perfect for waves creation, a nice tool and a freetool !
good suggestions too
keep it up!
Thanks! Glad you like it.

Next update will feature tempo synced LFOs.
The undo paste bug seems tricky to fix. :borg:

Xenobioz
KVRist

Post Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:12 am

Lynx v0.8 has been released.

Changes and fixes in 0.8

Added Tempo Sync for LFO.
Fixed Undo Paste and Paste Empty bugs.
Changed color for waveforms.
Other minor fixes.

http://www.xenobioz.com/

Xenobioz
KVRist

Re: Lynx 0.8 Released - Editable Waveform Synth

Post Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:42 am

Here is nice demo video of Lynx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8puiPeBIZw

Xenobioz
KVRist

Re: Lynx 0.8 Released - Editable Waveform Synth

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:10 am

Lynx v0.85 has been released with the following changes.

Changed the Sines Generator, to produce more useful waves.
Added Sines Copy(Nr) generator which uses copied waveform for decay of harmonics.
Curve Amount can be set now on “Exponential/Logarithmic Down/Up” in Wave Editor.
Added AM Copy Modifier. Same as Multiply but the Copied wave is made positive.
Negative Filter Key-tracking.
Some minor fixes.

evilplazma
KVRist
87 posts since 13 Jul, 2011 from outerspace

Re: Lynx 0.85 Released - Free Drawable UnisonSynth

Post Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:15 pm

starting to like using this beast, very easy to use and well laid out

Xenobioz
KVRist

Re: Lynx 0.85 Released - Free Drawable UnisonSynth

Post Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:34 am

evilplazma wrote:starting to like using this beast, very easy to use and well laid out
Thanks, I was aiming for easy to use. :)

Xenobioz
KVRist

Re: Lynx 0.86 Released - Free Drawable UnisonSynth

Post Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:34 am

Lynx v 0.86 released

Added Multiply Abs Copy, Reduce Resolution.
Changed from right click to double click for Wave Editor Amount knob reset, right click chooses reset position.
Pitch knob double click to reset.
Fixed a bug with low/high pitches.

Xenobioz
KVRist

Re: Lynx 0.86 Released - Free Drawable UnisonSynth

Post Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:24 am

There is also a new preset bank, so the total amount of presets is 256.

Xenobioz
KVRist

Re: Lynx 0.86 GUI bug fixed!

Post Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:25 am

Due to a switch to a new computer when I compiled the latest version of Lynx the GUI would not show on some or most hosts. That has been fixed now. Please download Lynx 0.86 again. Thanks to everyone at xenobioz.com for reporting the bug!

Xenobioz
KVRist

Re: Lynx 0.86 GUI bug fixed!

Post Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:00 am

Lynx is updated to 0.87 and once again can have 128 presets loaded.

Xenobioz
KVRist

Re: Lynx 0.87 released!

Post Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:55 pm

Updated Lynx to display the right version in about box. Sorry about all these mini updates. Thanks to everyone who reported the bugs!

Return to “Instruments”