Best vst for Supersaw?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JP-4c

I didn't want to imply that he's only after money. I doubt that he made much money with Helix in total. And, if the plugin flopped, I can also understand that he wants to save himself the support work now. Just saying that I'd like to sell it, if I could, so I get a bit of worth for an unused piece of software, whose license is just "lying around" here.

Again, not much of an issue if I don't.

chk071 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:48 pm I didn't want to imply that he's only after money. I doubt that he made much money with Helix in
You never implied anything, you were just being honest.
With a good manager he could have made a shed load more, which makes the whole saga rather strange.

The story of many of the one man businesses in the plugin world. :)

Imagine Lennard ever had released Sylenth2.

Norqa wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:16 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:33 pm Helix as mentioned above did great supersaws. what ever happened to Helix anyway?
Years ago it was on point but has since been superseded like so many other Synths of yesteryear.

From basic memory the developer offered a great Synth, but KVR users wanted a lower price point.
The Developer held his nerve and then it sort of disappeared. :)
so he never really did anything with Helix after that? its true that many hsynths has superceded it but i really liked Helix's workflow and most importantly its sound. but thats that :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

It would be good if Helix had an update .

New gui too

I'd buy it then
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Norqa wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:27 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:20 pm Best supersaw? - impossible! There isn't a best. I've tested 24 very capable synths and while there are some there I wouldn't choose to use myself because I don't like the sound, there are a bunch that I would happily grab and use for great supersaws.

I would be happy with any of these:
  • ANA 2
    Hive
    Serum
    Vital
    Spire
    DUNE 3
    Rapid
    Pigments
    Zebra2
Some are a little more punchy, some a little smoother, some a little wider, but all very nice. :D

Now, how the envelopes, filters, and effects are on these is a completely different issue! :hihi:
I notice you didn't include the Flowstone offering, Viper.
Not even sure if Synth Edit or Flowstone Synths count but maybe Viper?
Only because I don't have it installed. TBH, I think anything counts in this sort of test. :tu:

chk071 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:00 pm The story of many of the one man businesses in the plugin world. :)

I never understood that. I guessed he made so much money of v1 he just retired?? :lol:

Biome_Digital wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:45 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:00 pm The story of many of the one man businesses in the plugin world. :)

I never understood that. I guessed he made so much money of v1 he just retired?? :lol:
nah, he just realised what a bunch of whiny tossers, synth people are, always asking for this n that...

He was retired for some time. Enjoyed life on some desert island, and then came back after 6 years, and gave Mac users a 64-bit AU version. ;)

I imagine him now doing his dajob work at university, with Sylenth1 as some part time hobby. At least I can't imagine his business in any other way. Maybe I'm completely wrong.

vurt wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:07 pm
nah, he just realised what a bunch of whiny tossers, synth people are, always asking for this n that...
Hehe
So true vurt.
The scary part: There aren't any exceptions :D

Sylenth1 sounds amazing for supersaws

Norqa wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:42 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:29 pm
I asked the dev if I was allowed to sell my license two times, but, he "held his nerve", as you say. ;)
hehe it sounds like the developer loved your money more than he did his own Synth and its reputation. Which quite frankly beggars belief.
I therefore hope Helix meets its own demise. Retired to the occasional discussion like this.
Sorry but a rogue Developer like that has no room in a busy market.
Jonas Norberg is not a rogue developer and he has updated his synth several times for compatibility. ... why add more features to a synth which is already solid and fully featured?
Last edited by surreal on Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:25 pm
Norqa wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:16 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:33 pm Helix as mentioned above did great supersaws. what ever happened to Helix anyway?
Years ago it was on point but has since been superseded like so many other Synths of yesteryear.

From basic memory the developer offered a great Synth, but KVR users wanted a lower price point.
The Developer held his nerve and then it sort of disappeared. :)
so he never really did anything with Helix after that? its true that many hsynths has superceded it but i really liked Helix's workflow and most importantly its sound. but thats that :)
"but i really liked Helix's workflow and most importantly its sound. but thats that" - that is a perfect statement of a synth that is fully functional and does what it's supposed to do!!

There are many synths with pretty gui's with half implemented bells and whistles and has memory leaks worse than any tea bags and is more bug infested than rotten meat in a dysfunctional fridge... which people would flock too because its the "latest tech and great eye candy"

I think we stirred the fanboi nest.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Instruments”