The search for a Kurzweil K2000 piano soundalike VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote:That's a pretty good price considering it used to have a zero on top in the 90s. :D
Yeah thats the point. Does it makes sense to have it nowdays?The Piano is something people love. I have a Roland 5050 so i don't know if it makes any sense to buy another 90's module.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

The K2000 piano is sub par. Just listen to the sustain - it sounds BAD by today's standards.
I had a K2500 which I got rid of and has the same pianos.
The Kurzweil piano that people love is the Triple Strike Piano patch on the K2600 onwards - look this one up perhaps!

Totally agree - while the K2000 really has a great sound potential otherwise, the Pianos are crap. :(

Cheers, Björn

The Kurzweil piano I love is this one (cleverly relabelled):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3barCgWQpxA

aMUSEd wrote:The Kurzweil piano I love is this one (cleverly relabelled):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3barCgWQpxA
Yeah, it's quite similar sounding to the MicroPiano - it's not a "good" sound, it's small and a bit plastic sounding, but it's enough of it's own unique character to be interesting. Sometimes a 20GB Bosendorfer isn't the right thing to put in a rock mix, whereas a little, bright cheap sound can cut through in just the right way...

I think it sounds very full and not at all plastic - but I think she's using a PC3X which probably has expanded samples compared to the earlier models.

That's what I consider to be the quintessential K sound.

https://youtu.be/ojQFMml62yI?t=42s

aMUSEd wrote: but I think she's using a PC3X which probably has expanded samples compared to the earlier models.
PC3 has the same piano samples as K2600.

So the way I see it, there is a market niche for characteristic Kurzweil sounds in sample form to use on your PC or MAC? I wonder why nobody has made a Kontakt library yet. It would be a good seller for sure...

fischkopf wrote:So the way I see it, there is a market niche for characteristic Kurzweil sounds in sample form to use on your PC or MAC? I wonder why nobody has made a Kontakt library yet. It would be a good seller for sure...
Because you can't resell someone else's recordings without licensing them from Kurzweil, something they probably aren't keen on ("Get the awesome Kurzweil sound without having to buy a Kurzweil!")

I've had the PC1X 000-stereo grand patch sampled, if anyone interested, please let me know.
I'll share it freely here.

(but need sometime to cut and naming the samples because i've only done the highest velocity samples, two more velocities to go)

EvilDragon wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: but I think she's using a PC3X which probably has expanded samples compared to the earlier models.
PC3 has the same piano samples as K2600.
Amazing, well I can see why Amanda likes it, it does sound great considering the sample size, much better than I have heard from equivalent workstations at least.

kinwie wrote:I've had the PC1X 000-stereo grand patch sampled, if anyone interested, please let me know.

(but need sometime to cut and naming the samples because i've only done the highest velocity samples, two more velocities to go)
I'm definitely interested in free stuff. :D

fischkopf wrote:
kinwie wrote:I've had the PC1X 000-stereo grand patch sampled, if anyone interested, please let me know.

I'm definitely interested in free stuff. :D
okay...

beely wrote:
fischkopf wrote:So the way I see it, there is a market niche for characteristic Kurzweil sounds in sample form to use on your PC or MAC? I wonder why nobody has made a Kontakt library yet. It would be a good seller for sure...
Because you can't resell someone else's recordings without licensing them from Kurzweil, something they probably aren't keen on ("Get the awesome Kurzweil sound without having to buy a Kurzweil!")
Huh...again, so we are not allowed to create and share any patch that we self-sampled as freebie?

Return to “Instruments”