U-He Beat Zille in the upcoming issue of Beat Magazine

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille Beatzille

So i can freely distribute it on my website, and there's no need anymore for anyone to buy Computer Music magazine? Ugh... well, all good then i guess. Hope more devs allow this, then i don't have to buy shitty magazines anymore to get magware (attention, sarcasm!).

Chris-S wrote:But read Bazille CM license txt:
This software may be freely distributed under the following conditions:
- no text or graphic information (such as labels or copyright notices) are removed or changed
Ha ha, didn't CM break just that rule when they changed the Beat Zille logo to Bazille CM :D

Numanoid wrote:
- no text or graphic information (such as labels or copyright notices) are removed or changed
Ha ha, didn't CM break just that rule when they changed the Beat Zille logo to Bazille CM :D
Why would CM do that when u-he can just change it easily for them? The synth must be repackaged with the new presets anyway, so they can just change the logo too... it's the EULA for Bazille CM anyway, not for BeatZille.

Still puzzled over such an EULA though. What's the point of a magware, if everyone can just upload it, and distribute it freely on the net?
Last edited by chk071 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Why would CM do that when u-he can just change it easily for them? The synth must be repackaged with the new presets anyway, so they can just change the logo too...
Another Voight-Kampff fail :D

What is a Voight-Kampff?

chk071 wrote:Still puzzled over such an EULA though. What's the point of a magware, if everyone can just upload it, and distribute it freely on the net?
u-he moves in mysterious ways for sure.

Why did in case Jon @ u-he send that nasty cease and desist letter the other day, if the product can be distributed freely by anybody :?

chk071 wrote:What is a Voight-Kampff?
It means you didn't get my attempt at a joke, but took it dead seriously.

See Blade Runner again :wink:

It's the same EULA that comes with U-He's freeware (Podolski for example). My guess is that U-He forgot to change it and CM forgot to check. I can't imagine that CM would be happy to see it distributed independently of their mag.

Or maybe it's just part of the 'bazille' theme - spreading uncontrollably all over the net :scared:

Return to “Instruments”