What do you think of Rob Papen synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Robmobius wrote:But U-he make my favorite synths if I'm being honest.
Word. :tu:

The only one I am interested in is RG, it's on sale for $60 at JRR until the end of the day I guess. I just wish I had the budget for it, talking about generic, it is anything but that.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Orbit-50 wrote:It really pains me to say this but, I do not like them at all. I don't know what it is or why, but I just can't stand them. Sorry Rob.
'Cause they off the shelf algos you get on any freeware cousin. They just have more options.

I like some of RP's stuff. Albino was my fav years ago, as of now I own Blue2 and Predator. Predator is a quick to program synth with a more than healthy preset list. It sounds good and is easy to drop in a track. I don't consider it a "character" synth. I do like the fx version but truth be told I use Zebrify more often for things like that (more of a habit than anything else).

Blue2 is a bit different. I use it when I don't want some "wide-super-saw-taking-up-all-the space" sound. I use it mostly in tracks that have other acoustic/traditional type instruments. IMO, it cuts through and holds its own without me having to notch stuff all over the place to get everything to fit. For me it's a well balanced synth, like Zebra. They are very different synths but both are workhorses in my setup.

Orbit-50 wrote:It really pains me to say this but, I do not like them at all. I don't know what it is or why, but I just can't stand them. Sorry Rob.
Would you like them on a boat?
Would you like them with a goat?

:ud:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Anyone getting viruses when they try and download the demos?

Kinh wrote:Anyone getting viruses when they try and download the demos?
Getting viruses or getting virus alerts? Not necessarily the same thing...

wagtunes wrote:The bigger problem is, a lot of synths sound very generic. In fact, the synths that truly have a unique character you can probably count on one hand. I tried to demonstrate this in another thread but had to close it.
Is the thread still up, I would love to read it.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

deastman wrote:
Would you like them on a boat?
Would you like them with a goat?

:ud:
I do not like them in a house.
I do not like them with a mouse.
I do not like green eggs and Papen.
I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

:clown:

I have the Explorer III bundle. I "like" his synths and think Blue II is the best of the lot. Covers a lot of ground and has a great sound.

I don't know if RG counts as a synth, but if it does, it is top - notch. A real creative tool, this thing is a work of genius. check it out.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I like Blue and Blue 2 even better.
Sometimes I'll throw in Albino 3.
No one mentioning Blade? To me I use Blade more than Predator.

I heard Predator 2 is being worked on...we shall see.

Also Punch is okay.

UncleAge wrote:Predator is a quick to program synth with a more than healthy preset list. It sounds good and is easy to drop in a track. I don't consider it a "character" synth.
I think this sums up Predator pretty well. It doesn't really explode in your face when browsing presets, but it sits fine in a mix and doesn't eat up every known frequency in the hearable spectrum known to man :) A great synth to learn how to program synths on. I would be most interested in a Predator 2 if the rumors are correct.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

H-man wrote:
Technically they're alerts and when I scan them they seem to be OK. But yesterday I downloaded Raw and when it finished none of my folders could open. I didn't think much of it after a system restore which fixed it but today I downloaded Blade and my antivirus deletes it and tells me this...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

only papen synth i've used is albino3... and i wiped his name off the GUI.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Kinh wrote:
H-man wrote:
Technically they're alerts and when I scan them they seem to be OK. But yesterday I downloaded Raw and when it finished none of my folders could open. I didn't think much of it after a system restore which fixed it but today I downloaded Blade and my antivirus deletes it and tells me this...
Interesting. I decided to put it (the RAW demo installer) through one of those on-line services and the Symantec engine flagged this:

Rating: Suspicious.Insight

Suspicious.Insight is a detection for files that have not yet developed a strong reputation among Symantec’s community of users. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology.

The reputation-based system uses “the wisdom of crowds” (Symantec’s tens of millions of end users) connected to cloud-based intelligence to compute a reputation score for an application blah blah blah-dy blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I think you will be fine ....although the folder not opening thing sounds a little odd :scared: but somehow I don't think that it's Rob and Jon's business plan to get hold of your computer and steal all your nude selfies :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”