News from fxpansion >GEIST 2<

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Geist

isnt it super laggy for you? what is your workflow with it?

I would say there is no alternative to Geist2 if you need the features. I don't want to use anything else, the plugin works just great.
If you only want to trigger samples, there is of course Battery and even the included drum sampler in Cubase, Ableton etc. can do the job very well.

geist2 is great. lots of possibilities. imagine if they combined it with Tremor... man.

anyway UVI Drumdesigner is pretty good too for drum sequencing and sounds. I primarily use those, and Xils Stix

So im gonna ask this again: doesnt it feel laggy to any of you guys? it was my main takeaway from the demo.

What I like about it: very quick sample slicing with auto add to the pads, overlapping slices possible, good transient algorithm, good layering, advanced shaping features. But I can get there 80% of the way with just using timeline + impact xt in studio one 4. If it gets graphics card acceleration id probably upgrade tho.

mxbf wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:21 pm imagine if they combined it with Tremor... man.
I don't think it's going to happen. Shame as Tremor is great.
You can sample Tremor and get some of that experience. The sequencing (another great feature of Tremor) is pretty much the same in Geist.

It is laggy. Selecting filtertypes only works after several attempts.
I use onboard graphic and don´t have any big problems else.

What I very much dislike is the clicky cklicky userinterface.
Want to add a send effect? Be prepared to walk a long way.
Want to reach the send controls? Next long way. This really sucks.

Otherwise the plugin is great.
The average bored guy

I find not being able to stretch notes out on Geist very limiting. This makes me favour much simpler plugins that have this basic funtionality . .

edy9 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:16 am I find not being able to stretch notes out on Geist very limiting. This makes me favour much simpler plugins that have this basic funtionality . .
What do you mean ?
- Stretching the samples ? You can do it;
- slowing or fastening the sequence ? You can do it;

Thanks for reply. I mean stretching out a single note longer than the other notes . . Say all the notes are sixteenths and you want say an instance of a crash cymbal to last for a quarter note . . Sorry maybe I should be saying "sample instances" or some other term instead of notes . .

I get you ;) but imho geist is triggering samples, not playing a sound like you could have an endless adsr (like a synth).

Stefken wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:33 pm
mxbf wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:21 pm imagine if they combined it with Tremor... man.
I don't think it's going to happen. Shame as Tremor is great.
You can sample Tremor and get some of that experience. The sequencing (another great feature of Tremor) is pretty much the same in Geist.
Tremor was way ahead of its time when it came out and is still one of the very best electronic drum machines available, I have absolutely know idea whet they dropped it, it seemed very popular and very highly regarded.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

what a drag. tremor and bloom are dope and it's a shame they dropped them. i get it. there's only so many resources and so much time to dedicate to projects but i don't see buying anything else from them when they're just going to discontinue things. so it goes. such is life. yada yada yada. tremor still works for now. but for how long?

edy9 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:16 pm Thanks for reply. I mean stretching out a single note longer than the other notes . . Say all the notes are sixteenths and you want say an instance of a crash cymbal to last for a quarter note . . Sorry maybe I should be saying "sample instances" or some other term instead of notes . .
You don't need to make the note longer... set it so it plays the whole sample

Return to “Instruments”