UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.6 released

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
otristan
KVRAF
1881 posts since 28 Mar, 2005

Post Fri May 04, 2018 12:48 am

Standard range is 50 cents on a linear scale
Large range is 1 semitones with a ^3 scale
Both on each side of the played note so technically you need to multiply by 2 to get the full detune range
so std is 1 semi and large is 2 semi

Hope this clarify things.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

User avatar
liv
KVRian
1352 posts since 26 Feb, 2013 from Sweden

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.5 released

Post Fri May 04, 2018 2:44 am

Thanks otristan.
So essentially you should be able to create the same detuning with the analog stack, or are there more ingredients involved?

otristan
KVRAF
1881 posts since 28 Mar, 2005

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.5 released

Post Fri May 04, 2018 2:55 am

Yes.
You need to have the same stereo panning and start phase distribution as well though.
There is no magic happening there, just an easier way to set it up
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

User avatar
c_voltage
KVRian
1179 posts since 16 May, 2004 from Soviet Union

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.5 released

Post Fri May 04, 2018 8:32 am

Otristan so what about that bug mentioned in previous pages ? Related with new fx.

Charlie Firpo
KVRist
127 posts since 22 Feb, 2005

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.5 released

Post Fri May 04, 2018 8:40 am

The freqshifter bug at program level was fixed in the v1.5.1 release. That was fast Uvi, thanks! :-)

User avatar
c_voltage
KVRian
1179 posts since 16 May, 2004 from Soviet Union

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.5 released

Post Fri May 04, 2018 9:26 am

Charlie Firpo wrote:The freqshifter bug at program level was fixed in the v1.5.1 release. That was fast Uvi, thanks! :-)
Oh really :oops: Not noticed before. Good.

User avatar
c_voltage
KVRian
1179 posts since 16 May, 2004 from Soviet Union

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.5 released

Post Fri May 04, 2018 7:22 pm

Oh damn, did catch some freeze just now, helped only system hard reboot thru button. Its occurred when i use single Wavetable osc and turning Voices knob about maximum 8, during sounding voices at maximum release. But after reboot tried reproduce this - hmm, nope yet, all ok.
Well, if i will able to reproduce again then will try to detect pattern.

sircuit
KVRist
497 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.5 released

Post Fri May 11, 2018 2:05 pm

I was trying to recreate the "tie" effect using the Step Line sequencer script. I am modulating the glide time at the program level with an envelope (the old trick with assigning a parameter in the oscillator to a program layer envelope then asigning that envelope to any parameter will result in retriggering the envelope with each note). The logic behind is that the envelope resets with each note and with carefully adjusting the attack, only the longer notes will give the envelope enugh time to rise and to affect the glide. Problem is, after few minutes of twesking, the glide parameter is becoming unresponsive. Even unmapping everything and adjusting it by hand does nothing. Most likely is a bug. Anyone managed to make a proper 303 sequencing in Falcon?

Edit: the slicer bug is still not resolved yet and it's annoying AF - when loading a loop in the slicer even if I specify the correct values for length (bars) and the correct bpm, only the bpm gets recalled when reopening the project (Falcon constantly detects all my 2-bar 120+ BPM loops as being 60+ BPM and 1-bar in length). Dear devs, this is a huge bug, the are virtually no sample packs with embedded bpm information on the market (except for rex files).
Also, I may want to drop drone sounds in the slicer and specify various BPM's and bar lengths in order to get different sounds. Please solve this, I just want the bar length and bpm properly saved within my logic project. :pray:
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X

the3ug3reeder
KVRist
99 posts since 28 May, 2013 from MUC

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.5 released

Post Sat May 12, 2018 12:25 am

sircuit wrote: Edit: the slicer bug is still not resolved yet and it's annoying AF - when loading a loop in the slicer even if I specify the correct values for length (bars) and the correct bpm, only the bpm gets recalled when reopening the project (Falcon constantly detects all my 2-bar 120+ BPM loops as being 60+ BPM and 1-bar in length). Dear devs, this is a huge bug, the are virtually no sample packs with embedded bpm information on the market (except for rex files).
Also, I may want to drop drone sounds in the slicer and specify various BPM's and bar lengths in order to get different sounds. Please solve this, I just want the bar length and bpm properly saved within my logic project. :pray:
YES! i also find this totally annoying...
i think the problem is that falcon stores the slicing data in the actual sample.
this means that if you want your slice data saved with your program, you need to actually "save program and samples"...
it means that if you want several versions of one sample sliced in different ways, you'll actually need to save several versions of your sample (just to accommodate different marker positions).
--this gets even more annoying when you realize that in order to do this, you actually need to MANUALLY make copies of the sample.
if you simply duplicate a slicer keygroup, and then reposition slice markers, it'll work fine until you actually 'save program and samples' because falcon will simply overwrite the referenced sample several times leaving you with only one set of markers the next time you open your program.
WTF!

it also means that if you're using falcon in your daw project and slice a sample in falcon, you can't simply save your daw project because if you do, you're slice data will be lost.
if you're using the slicer, you always need to "save program and samples".
in my opinion, this is totally retro in a bad way.


a few pages back,
otristan wrote:In case of slice, you need to save the sample as those data are in the sample itself.
We figure that this is something that is not related to this keygroup but actually to the sample itself so it stays there is you reopen this sample in another keygroup.

respectfully, i disagree.

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
16903 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.5 released

Post Sat May 12, 2018 1:43 am

Slicing in Falcon is absolutely user unfriendly because of that. Slices should definitely be stored as part of the patch without needing to store them in the sample. Other samplers have no problems with this.

the3ug3reeder posts several good usecases where Falcon's implementation just fails and is extremely annoying. Please Olivier just make it so that slice data is stored in the plugin chunk/.uvip without needing to save it into samples. Have an option, if need be.

User avatar
liv
KVRian
1352 posts since 26 Feb, 2013 from Sweden

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.5 released

Post Sat May 12, 2018 2:50 am

While on topic, add a grid option and/or a knob to set specific number of markers.

nordickvr
KVRian
918 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.5 released

Post Sat May 12, 2018 3:04 am

EvilDragon wrote:Slicing in Falcon is absolutely user unfriendly because of that. Slices should definitely be stored as part of the patch without needing to store them in the sample. Other samplers have no problems with this.

the3ug3reeder posts several good usecases where Falcon's implementation just fails and is extremely annoying. Please Olivier just make it so that slice data is stored in the plugin chunk/.uvip without needing to save it into samples. Have an option, if need be.
+++++++1

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
26107 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.5 released

Post Sat May 12, 2018 3:24 am

EvilDragon wrote:Slicing in Falcon is absolutely user unfriendly because of that. Slices should definitely be stored as part of the patch without needing to store them in the sample. Other samplers have no problems with this.
I'll second this. Patch-specific data should be in the patch. If the slice data for a patch is in the file, then duplication of the whole file is required for alternate slice arrangements.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

Caine123
KVRAF
5235 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.5 released

Post Sat May 12, 2018 3:27 am

Yes from me too. It is so cumbersome... i hope uvi adds it
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 2nd Gen 18i20 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

User avatar
c_voltage
KVRian
1179 posts since 16 May, 2004 from Soviet Union

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.5 released

Post Sat May 12, 2018 5:04 am

Hmm, yes, +1. All changes should be save together with DAW project.

Return to “Instruments”