UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Ringmod exists as an effect unit (sinewave modulator only, you can find it in Legacy FX->Miscellaneous). There's no osc sync between different oscillator types, only certain osc types have sync (analog, analog stack).

Thanks

Great free update. It seems there is a bug in either the 18db digital notch, peak and bandpass filters or their graphical representation though?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Anyone have any luck troubleshooting the issues with a lot of Falcon's polyphonic sounds absolutely destroying the CPU? For example a few presets from the Subculture pack, Twisted and Alien Artifact in particular, I can't even play one note without awful buzzing, I've tried in Cubase, Ableton, in the stand-alone and it persists in all three. I've also tried every buffer rate from 128 to 2048 and no fix. I'm at 48000 if that matters.

Specs: Windows 10 latest, Ableton 10.0.3, latest Falcon/UVI Workstation, latest Cubase 9.5, Audient iD22 with the latest firmware, CPU is a 8700k, speed step and all that other junk is turned off, performance mode enabled on Windows.

Edit: same issue at 44k too. :cry:

ratsratsrats wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:47 am Anyone have any luck troubleshooting the issues with a lot of Falcon's polyphonic sounds absolutely destroying the CPU? For example a few presets from the Subculture pack, Twisted and Alien Artifact in particular, I can't even play one note without awful buzzing, I've tried in Cubase, Ableton, in the stand-alone and it persists in all three. I've also tried every buffer rate from 128 to 2048 and no fix. I'm at 48000 if that matters.

Specs: Windows 10 latest, Ableton 10.0.3, latest Falcon/UVI Workstation, latest Cubase 9.5, Audient iD22 with the latest firmware, CPU is a 8700k, speed step and all that other junk is turned off, performance mode enabled on Windows.

watch this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUsLLEkswzE

and see 'cos you may have hardware not 100% cooperating .. :idea:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Falcon is not multicore, so once one core gets saturated, it's game over. And there's plenty of facilities available in Falcon to kill practically any CPU, especially if IRCAM stuff is used.

Well, I experienced total destruction of my CPU while using layer unison, too. Maybe it is time for the devs to add multicore support then? :party: Pretty tough stuff to implement for sure... And adding kind of lightweight unison mode or something.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:01 am Falcon is not multicore, so once one core gets saturated, it's game over. And there's plenty of facilities available in Falcon to kill practically any CPU, especially if IRCAM stuff is used.
sounds like the higher the frequency the better - mine i7-6850K - 3.6 GHz - 15 MB Cache
RUNNING at 4.2 GHz with 32GB 2400 RAM - deals with Kontakt Multis (dont have Falcon ATMO) NICELY but latency has to be adjusted well and it's actually better at 48k with UR22MK2
Ps.
and the cpu does have Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Frequency and memory runs in
quad mode - 4x8GB..so that helps a lot...old CPU great POWER !

ratsratsrats wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:47 am Anyone have any luck troubleshooting the issues with a lot of Falcon's polyphonic sounds absolutely destroying the CPU? For example a few presets from the Subculture pack, Twisted and Alien Artifact in particular, I can't even play one note without awful buzzing, I've tried in Cubase, Ableton, in the stand-alone and it persists in all three. I've also tried every buffer rate from 128 to 2048 and no fix. I'm at 48000 if that matters.

just read yours 8700K can run in Max Turbo Frequency of 4.7Ghz
..try to change the setting in BIOS and see what happens..
..also check task manager and watch the CPU performance as you use Falcon loaded in the DAW..
if it hits 100% or around or over 80%-90% then Cpu has not have the power ..

lol...Falcon is not multi-core friendly...ouch...;-(
..I'll wait longer now - needs updating !!!

ehh?? "At Falcon's heart is the UVI Engine XT™, a robust, reliable and CPU-efficient DSP powerhouse that's been constantly refined over the last 10 years".......NO VST3?MULTICORE? ouch.....

RobGee wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:35 am Great free update. It seems there is a bug in either the 18db digital notch, peak and bandpass filters or their graphical representation though?
It's an UI only issue. Will be fixed in next version.

Thanks for the report.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

ratsratsrats wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:47 am Anyone have any luck troubleshooting the issues with a lot of Falcon's polyphonic sounds absolutely destroying the CPU?
Probably related to CPU peak in the very CPU consuming IRCAM Stretch.
Not much we can do about unfortunately.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Ok, no multicore support in almost 2019 is a big turn off, wont be buying till they implement it.

AcrossTheSky wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:17 am sounds like the higher the frequency the better - mine i7-6850K - 3.6 GHz - 15 MB Cache
RUNNING at 4.2 GHz with 32GB 2400 RAM - deals with Kontakt Multis (dont have Falcon ATMO) NICELY but latency has to be adjusted well and it's actually better at 48k with UR22MK2
Ps.
and the cpu does have Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Frequency and memory runs in
quad mode - 4x8GB..so that helps a lot...old CPU great POWER !
Turbo boost for a CPU is a temporary frequency boost that can be only applied to a single core (and probably only when rest of the cores are free of tasks) and only if the thermal state (CPU not too hot) still allows for more heat - not to be confused with overclock frequency. This is why we preffer "K" processors because they can be overclocked, and all cores run at given overclock speed and permanently (well, not permanently, because they have power saving mechanisms, but when they go max, they go with all cores, not just a single one as a non-K would do with turbo boost)

Falcon being single core, would benefit more from an overclocked i7 than any multicore Xeon (with much lower per core speeds)

sircuit wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:33 amThis is why we preffer "K" processors because they can be overclocked, and all cores run at given overclock speed and permanently (well, not permanently, because they have power saving mechanisms, but when they go max, they go with all cores, not just a single one as a non-K would do with turbo boost)
Very easy to disable all power saving mechanisms, so you get a permanent overclock. I have my i7-6700K permanently running on 4.5 GHz, all cores, no problems.

Also, Turbo Boost can be applied on all cores, not just one - but this depends on the CPU, of course.

HcDoom wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:52 am Ok, no multicore support in almost 2019 is a big turn off, wont be buying till they implement it.

...I wonder why there is NO TRIAL of FALCON out there ....the NEW ZONE by Audiaire is available for 14 days :

The Zone Free Trial is active for 14 days and is fully featured allowing loading, saving and full manipulation of patches....After 14 days you will need to purchase Zone to continue use.
*Please note you will need an iLok account or dongle to authorise the Zone trial.

WHY NOT UVI FALCON ??????????????

Return to “Instruments”