UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.6 released

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
otristan
KVRAF
1903 posts since 28 Mar, 2005

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:46 am

Hanz Meyzer wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:32 am
otristan: Can I somehow copy a full modulation set? Let's say I have a filter which is modulated by 3 sources, and now want to add a new filter, and want to copy all the same modulations to it?
You can apply keygroup template from one keygroup to another but you cannot copy the modulation matrix of one FX to another.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

DrFolder
KVRist
78 posts since 4 Feb, 2015

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.6 released

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:02 am

otristan wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:58 am
You guys can contact the support to try a prerelease of Falcon 1.6.2 see if my modification fixes your issue.

Thanks !
Great stuff! 1.6.2 completely fixed it for me. Thanks!!

otristan
KVRAF
1903 posts since 28 Mar, 2005

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.6 released

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:04 am

1.6.2 is now available. Official announcement should follow.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Musical Gym
KVRAF
4616 posts since 24 May, 2004 from square1

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.6 released

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:31 pm

Issue appears fixed for vst here so far.
Stand-alone never came up for me since day one on win 8.1 64 bit, roland quad capture (info only).

User avatar
newuser2014
KVRist
44 posts since 14 Jan, 2014

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.6 released

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:27 pm

Forgive this random post I'm testing out how to post pictures and patches.
~some wavetables and a patch resulting from following Tutorial 301 in the owners manual
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

everasia
KVRist
39 posts since 25 Sep, 2009

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.6 released

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:12 pm

Hello
I've just purchased Falcon and I have a maybe silly question.
I can't figure it out how to use keytrack as a modulation source. I'd like for example to have shorter release time for high notes in my keyboard.
Could somebody help, thanks!

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
16916 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.6 released

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:14 pm

Right-click the Release knob, Add modulation, Voice, Key.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

otristan
KVRAF
1903 posts since 28 Mar, 2005

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.6 released

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:14 pm

Musical Gym wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:31 pm
Issue appears fixed for vst here so far.
Stand-alone never came up for me since day one on win 8.1 64 bit, roland quad capture (info only).
Asio4All may be of some help. We had report of issue with some Roland soundcard (UA-33 - Tri Capture) but this particular one was fixed. Without access to this soundcard, it's pretty hard to fix.
Our audio standalone backend uses PortAudio (http://www.portaudio.com/)
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan
KVRAF
1903 posts since 28 Mar, 2005

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.6 released

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:15 pm

everasia wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:12 pm
Hello
I've just purchased Falcon and I have a maybe silly question.
I can't figure it out how to use keytrack as a modulation source. I'd like for example to have shorter release time for high notes in my keyboard.
Could somebody help, thanks!
If you use the analog ADSR, this is a built-in control FWIW
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

everasia
KVRist
39 posts since 25 Sep, 2009

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.6 released

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:17 pm

EvilDragon wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:14 pm
Right-click the Release knob, Add modulation, Voice, Key Follow.
Great, thanks!
I guess I'll have to study more, this thing is a bit intimidating at first

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
16916 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.6 released

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:20 pm

Actually just use Key. Key Follow includes pitch modulations in it, which is not really necessary with envelope time parameters.

Musical Gym
KVRAF
4616 posts since 24 May, 2004 from square1

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.6 released

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:24 pm

otristan wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:14 pm
Musical Gym wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:31 pm
Issue appears fixed for vst here so far.
Stand-alone never came up for me since day one on win 8.1 64 bit, roland quad capture (info only).
Asio4All may be of some help. We had report of issue with some Roland soundcard (UA-33 - Tri Capture) but this particular one was fixed. Without access to this soundcard, it's pretty hard to fix.
Our audio standalone backend uses PortAudio (http://www.portaudio.com/)
Thanks. Quad-Capture ASIO doesn't always work in Studio One, so I switch to FL Studio ASIO and/or ASIO4All (Physical Device is still Quad-Capture).
I don't know how to switch ASIO devices for Falcon Stand-Alone that won't load.
I still would like to be able to use stand-alone occasionally but not enough to troubleshoot it for the time being.
Thanks for link to PortAudio.

otristan
KVRAF
1903 posts since 28 Mar, 2005

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.6 released

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:29 pm

No problem. Indeed switching ASIO backend requires to launch the app, otherwise it should be done in the registry which is a bit tricky....
I'll see if I can get one of those someday, but maybe we will switch to Juce own audio device handling at some point to avoid this kind of issue, but had some issue the first time we tried 5 years ago hence reverting to portaudio.
Last edited by otristan on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Musical Gym
KVRAF
4616 posts since 24 May, 2004 from square1

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.6 released

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:46 pm

merci

ratsratsrats
KVRer
20 posts since 2 May, 2012 from toledo, ohio

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.6 released

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:44 am

Apparently 4.4GHz isn't powerful enough for Falcon even for one voice on certain patches. Yeah, I think I'll spend my money elsewhere from now on. Pretty much the consensus I'm getting from tech support @ UVI.

Return to “Instruments”