UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

thanks appreciate it

Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:10 am
TrackGuyx wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:57 am Thanks guys. One question: if i load up presets and wanna check how they are done at the edit tab it often just get like Ircam Granular or Wavetable (2) or something and i cant open it. Why is that?
Open tree view on the left of the GUI, click on a keygroup you want to check, once you click on it, it will reveal itself in the interface.
thanks!

is there a XY-Pad or Morphing like Feature in Falcon? Would be awesome to morph between presets lol.

XY pads can likely be scripted, as for morphing, there's no dedicated feature for that (as it is in, say, Alchemy). You can crossfade the presets on PERF tab through keyboard or velocity range (Ctrl+drag the edges to set the xfade).

thx :)

Can Falcon run LFO, MSEG, and other similar modules with arpegios but retriger with only when key is pressed while arpegiator is playing? Problem is, when I use arpegiator, it acts like I am playing on keyboard and then LFO is retrigered all time when arp. is playing. The only one solution I found is turn off retriger but then lfo is not allways synced with arpegio if lfo is synced with tempo.

Yes, there are retrigger modes on LFOs and envelopes, you can put them to legato, or song position sync.

But legato still retrig lfo each time when arpegiator hit note. Only song mode not retrig arpegiator, but it is not retriged when I hit key.

Nope, legato LFO doesn't retrigger when arpeggiator plays over here. LFO should be on Keygroup level, and arpeggiator should be on Program level.

I tested it now, and it is not true. It doesn't matter where LFO or Arpegiator is. but I discover it working only when I set note lenght on arpeggiator to more then 100% then it start working as you wrote, because arpeggiator act like play legato, anywhere under program or layer level with lfos under keygroup, layer, or program level.

Falcon often dies on my mac, Logic.

NeoKortex88 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:47 pm is there a XY-Pad or Morphing like Feature in Falcon? Would be awesome to morph between presets lol.
This barely is possible at all, since Falcon is modular, or "semi-modular", so each single preset can use different oscs, filters, structure. Then a morph is not possible, only if each preset would use the same structure.

As Hanz said.

It is however possible with one preset to create macros with multiple destinations that can be as advanced as you wish. Very powerful.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

spoontechnique wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:39 pm
There hasn't been a Falcon update since the Avid purchase. Makes me wonder if we're in for a dry period in terms of updates. I still feel Falcon has a lot of areas where it's behind some soft synths.
Did avid purchase uvi ?
Googling this only brings up the notion that uvi falcon player will be ab included instrument in pro tools , no word on purchasing the UVI company .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

If they purchased UVI then that's the end of the line. Avid is where products go to die.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Instruments”