UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Dacodaji wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:22 am Here is a set I'd like to share with the Falcon users here, it's called Black Forest
Nice, cool dark stuff :tu:
More BPM please

Where's creating and exporting a Falcon Patch Set discussed/described? I don't see anything in the manual beyond saving user stuff. No doubt saved patches can be shared as files, but do you have to hand-assemble the sort of folder-thing that Dacodaji just shared?

Thanks!

SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:21 pm Thank you- nice Halloween gift! Very spooky and atmospheric!
You are most welcome SLic!
dionenoid wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:19 pm Nice, cool dark stuff :tu:
Glad you liked it!
David wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:57 pm Wow—Thank you, this is fascinating, and very generous. Very much looking forward to any and all news from you—sub'd, of course:)
You're welcome David. I appreciate your support!
Custom Sounds - Creative Souls
https://www.dacodaji.com

David wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:38 pm Where's creating and exporting a Falcon Patch Set discussed/described? I don't see anything in the manual beyond saving user stuff. No doubt saved patches can be shared as files, but do you have to hand-assemble the sort of folder-thing that Dacodaji just shared?

Thanks!
Not a lot of info about this sort of thing out there as far as I could tell. If the community wanted to come up with a standard to follow, I would gladly abide.

The structure I went with made sense to me but how did it work for you? Does it fit how you want to see your data?
Custom Sounds - Creative Souls
https://www.dacodaji.com

Dacodaji wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:21 am
David wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:38 pm Where's creating and exporting a Falcon Patch Set discussed/described? I don't see anything in the manual beyond saving user stuff. No doubt saved patches can be shared as files, but do you have to hand-assemble the sort of folder-thing that Dacodaji just shared?

Thanks!
Not a lot of info about this sort of thing out there as far as I could tell. If the community wanted to come up with a standard to follow, I would gladly abide.

The structure I went with made sense to me but how did it work for you? Does it fit how you want to see your data?
Hmm…it works fine! But I didn't imagine I had a choice about it, actually. I'm simply looking for some/any info about the content sharing process and requirements beyond what the manual offers about saving.

David wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:53 am
Dacodaji wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:21 am

Thanks!

Hmm…it works fine! But I didn't imagine I had a choice about it, actually. I'm simply looking for some/any info about the content sharing process and requirements beyond what the manual offers about saving.
Check out this topic on falcontinuum.com:

http://falcontinuum.com/forums/topic/mo ... ound-banks

Thanks!

The Tonal Euclidean script normally doesn't latch, or even have the option to, AFAICTell… (Right?)

But it often gets frozen in a sort of latch mode that I can't figure out how to correct. Bug? Turning the script off doesn't help, or isn't helping right now as I type, and the sample instrument I've got loaded took so long to fully load I'm reluctant to reload the patch… Grrr.

Actually, on further exploration, the Arp and the Euclidean Drum Seq are ALL stuck on, the arp ignoring the Hold button…

Anybody else having this issue? Got ideas/discoveries?

Hi,

I am afraid I am re-asking this, because I forgot it, but I have some very noob questions:

1. I added two analog oscs, and trying to finetune each randomly, without using the unison module (so creating an individual unison). So I added an an unison modular to the pitch of the oscs section, but nothing happens. Do I need to use a sub-modulator?
2. Can I create a polyphonic lfo and connect it to the pitch?
3. Can I open the manual inside Falcon?
4. Is it possible to randomize the start phase of the internal unison voices of the analog osc? Same for PWM.
5. Can I lowpass-filter a modulation source?
6. The drunk modulator seems to work polyphonic, but in “no retrigger” mode, I don’t understand how to define the speed of detuning, also changes of the parameters then do not seem to change anything.
7. Which filter do you think sounds most similar to a curtis filter?
8. Can I pan each osc in some way?
9. Is there a good way to asnwer such silly questions myself? If I search the 2.0 pdf manual, I cannot find any hint about polyphonic modulation.

Thanks.

1. Use the random modulator instead.
2. Yes, that's the LFO at keygroup level.
3. No.
4. Hmmm, I don't think so, but maybe Simon knows the answer to that.
5. Maybe with a mod mapper, but there's no lag processor per se in Falcon.
6. Speed of detuning is the Bandwidth knob. Are you using it at keygroup level?
7. There've been a number of Curtis filters, you're gonna have to be more specific. But in truth, Xpander filter might be closest to ONE specific setup of a one specific Curtis chip. None of the filters are fully circuit-modelled, though.
8. Analog stack has the panning option per oscillator. Others not really, but you can always put keygroups into separate layers and pan them differently.

Many thanks!

4.) Open tree view, select the oscillator, check the inspector window at the lower left and set phase to free running, each new note will have its dedicated phase offset.

As expected, Simon has the answer. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:57 pm As expected, Simon has the answer. :)
Well played :tu:

UVI Falcon 2 - My First Sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR1cU7k3Nwg

Return to “Instruments”