UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

chagzuki wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:00 am
ljpro1 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:21 am Hi
Just picked up Falcon and was trying to link a filter cutoff knob to Amp velocity in a ocillator.
I right clicked on the filter cutoff knob but don't see a link to velocity any where.
Thanks for any help with this . . . :)

It has to be at the keygroup level in order for that option to be available.
This is the number one Synthesizer to read the manual. The manual is well written and it saves hours and hours of frustration. Falcon's system is just that a system and it is very straight forward once you learn it, but you can't just jump in and learn friendly. Spend a few hours going through it and you will know Falcon very well. Watch the UVI Tutorials and I really liked Venus Theory's pad tutorial.

Falcon isn't the easiest but it is the best-documented one to learn how to use.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

That’s right on the money, the Falcon manual is excellent. Kontakt has a good manual too, well sectioned with screenshots, so it’s no surprise a competitor followed their lead.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

mtelesha wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:18 pm Blame no EXS on
1) Apple (They bought the EXS format and have kept it closed)
2) Closed systems. As musicians, I am still so sad to see the disregard to open standards
There is EXS support, just a few bugs in it. Agreed, at least EXS is not as walled off as NI has made Kontakt files, IK, Best Service etc. etc. etc. Most libraries are not able to be exploited at all as raw resources.

Plus, the Falcon Manual has a dark version!

@dev you really should put that iLok additional installer thingy optional (leave it checked for new users but just offer the option to disable it). Every time I get the situation in the attached picture. But is not the error, the waste is the simple fact that I just sit and watch the installer unpacking 3-5 components just to spit a "hey, sorry for the mess, your iLok software looks fine :)"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Have the latest Falcon release (2.1.1) installed on Win10Pro x64 and everything falls over when I right click on a preset and select ''Add to Favorites". Either I completely crash out of the DAW or in Bitwig, due to it's extra plugin isolation protection mechanism, it just crashes the plugin.

Anyone else getting this and anyone know if it's been flagged to UVI? I don't know of an official support forum where to raise it.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

sircuit wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:29 pm @dev you really should put that iLok additional installer thingy optional (leave it checked for new users but just offer the option to disable it). Every time I get the situation in the attached picture. But is not the error, the waste is the simple fact that I just sit and watch the installer unpacking 3-5 components just to spit a "hey, sorry for the mess, your iLok software looks fine :)"
I always kill the installer at that point, stopping the Pace installer.
Then uninstall Bonjour.

These are useless steps for me.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:00 pm Have the latest Falcon release (2.1.1) installed on Win10Pro x64 and everything falls over when I right click on a preset and select ''Add to Favorites". Either I completely crash out of the DAW or in Bitwig, due to it's extra plugin isolation protection mechanism, it just crashes the plugin.

Anyone else getting this and anyone know if it's been flagged to UVI? I don't know of an official support forum where to raise it.
I don't have any problems marking favorites (or removing the mark) in 2.1.1 standalone or as a VST in Cakewalk.
I am on Win 10 Pro version 2004.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

Is there anyway to setup Falcon to browse patches via a midi cc, assigned to our hardware.. Getting sick of browsing with a mouse.
Last edited by trusampler on Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:07 pm Is there anyway to setup Falcon to browse patches via a midi cc, assigned to our hardware.. Getting sick of browsing with a mouse.
Only way i know to browse it using hardware is with Komplete Kontrol and Freelance labs NKS libraries

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:15 pm
trusampler wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:07 pm Is there anyway to setup Falcon to browse patches via a midi cc, assigned to our hardware.. Getting sick of browsing with a mouse.
Only way i know to browse it using hardware is with Komplete Kontrol and Freelance labs NKS libraries
Right, same.. I use it in that fashion with my kkm2 61, can't believe UVI still doesn't have an option for our other controllers. thnx
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Question for the Falcon Guru's, once we assign midi cc's and parameters to our midi controllers, how do we lock these settings, so when we load Falcon at any given point, the parameters are locked to the midi controller?
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

sircuit wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:29 pm @dev you really should put that iLok additional installer thingy optional (leave it checked for new users but just offer the option to disable it). Every time I get the situation in the attached picture. But is not the error, the waste is the simple fact that I just sit and watch the installer unpacking 3-5 components just to spit a "hey, sorry for the mess, your iLok software looks fine :)"
I have made that request to UVI support about 4 years ago. Basicly got feedback like "shut up - its our way or highway" as the reply.
Its a strange blind spot in the otherwise great company policy.
I own about 12 UVI products - I just use the "coitus interruptus" when install their stuff, i.e. interrupt the installation when it starts the iLok manager installation in the end of the process.

trusampler wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:19 pm Question for the Falcon Guru's, once we assign midi cc's and parameters to our midi controllers, how do we lock these settings, so when we load Falcon at any given point, the parameters are locked to the midi controller?
I dont think there is way to do this. From my knowledge, if you save parameters to one preset it would only be assigned to that one. There aren't any snapshots like Kontakt has (where you can save midi assignments for a particular library). If you want to save midi controller assignments it would have to be per preset unless something has drastically changed.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Thanks for the reply, that sucks..
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “Instruments”