UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 2.5 released - rumors, ads, praise and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
KVRist
63 posts since 14 Jan, 2014

Post Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:29 am

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h70qE6 ... sp=sharing

For the experimenters -More Different Wavetables
See if this link lets you download I'm unsure if i did permissions right

Some of them are very different animals
WC makes no sound unless modulated

Others have "internal amplitude modulation"
i.e. blank areas / non-interpolated

I haven't seen a DTFM wavetable anywhere else

Created with Screenshots, Audioterm and Microsoft Paint -one pixel at a time

Also I do apologize for and regret strident comments made by me against other companies software and by extension the programmers - I'm sorry.

Image
Try the above with the Parametric LFO
Three distinct "Quasi-Oscillators" (my term) -Individually controlled thru articulation and submodulation fof the LFO
Audioterm is the nam shub for Falcon

KVRian
566 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Post Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:04 am

Just picked up Falcon. I really like the engine, I prefer it to using the workstation instrument libraries. Anyone know if there is a way to import UI graphics into Falcon to make your own instruments? If not is it planned?

KVRist
88 posts since 9 Oct, 2019

Post Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:05 am

vertibration wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:04 am
Just picked up Falcon. I really like the engine, I prefer it to using the workstation instrument libraries. Anyone know if there is a way to import UI graphics into Falcon to make your own instruments? If not is it planned?
yes, if I remember correctly jou can just drag and drop the image file on the GUI where the custom macros are.

KVRian
566 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Post Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:11 am

worked, seems you have to add macros before you drop images into the area. Thank you

User avatar
KVRAF
1583 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Post Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:52 am

vertibration wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:04 am
Just picked up Falcon. I really like the engine, I prefer it to using the workstation instrument libraries. Anyone know if there is a way to import UI graphics into Falcon to make your own instruments? If not is it planned?
Just drag image onto the macro page.

KVRian
566 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Post Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:56 pm

UVI really needs to give users access to instrument samples to use in granular sampler. Locking them is kind of a weird thing considering Omnisphere is totally open. Im referring to instrument libraries like the PX Memories and so on

KVRian
566 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Post Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:48 pm

anyone know how to apply pitch envelope to an osc? I tried to add modulation to the pitch knob with an AD envelope, and nothing....I want to make 808's that hit

User avatar
KVRAF
1583 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Post Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:08 am

vertibration wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:48 pm
anyone know how to apply pitch envelope to an osc? I tried to add modulation to the pitch knob with an AD envelope, and nothing....I want to make 808's that hit
Make sure the link button is pressed or you have the osc selected. Check what level your envelope is.

KVRian
566 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Post Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:48 am

Biome_Digital wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:08 am
vertibration wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:48 pm
anyone know how to apply pitch envelope to an osc? I tried to add modulation to the pitch knob with an AD envelope, and nothing....I want to make 808's that hit
Make sure the link button is pressed or you have the osc selected. Check what level your envelope is.
It seems analog stack works best because each osc has its own pitch controls rather that the global pitch control offered in the layer. I know I can use the drum, but the drum doesnt have enough sustain and power for my needs.

I do wonder if anyone has built their own custom minimoog synth for Falcon, I am going to try and do it myself as I am learning more about how to use it.

KVRian
566 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Post Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:45 pm

Biome_Digital wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:08 am
vertibration wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:48 pm
anyone know how to apply pitch envelope to an osc? I tried to add modulation to the pitch knob with an AD envelope, and nothing....I want to make 808's that hit
Make sure the link button is pressed or you have the osc selected. Check what level your envelope is.
Do you know how to turn off key tracking on an OSC? - Nevermind figured it out

User avatar
KVRAF
1583 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Post Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:31 am

vertibration wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:45 pm
Biome_Digital wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:08 am
vertibration wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:48 pm
anyone know how to apply pitch envelope to an osc? I tried to add modulation to the pitch knob with an AD envelope, and nothing....I want to make 808's that hit
Make sure the link button is pressed or you have the osc selected. Check what level your envelope is.
Do you know how to turn off key tracking on an OSC? - Nevermind figured it out
Yes I do, but you got it :tu:

KVRist
346 posts since 24 Sep, 2016

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:03 am

is it possible to copy paste an effect? i don't know how to do it.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

User avatar
KVRAF
1583 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:47 am

3lu5iv3 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:03 am
is it possible to copy paste an effect? i don't know how to do it.
You copy the preset from the fx menu. Then add the effect again and paste from the fx menu. That's the only way I know.

KVRian
566 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:33 am

I really hope they release a VST3 version......Gunna be a painful ride for Cubase users in 2022 if they use an M1 silicon

KVRist
74 posts since 15 Feb, 2004

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:20 am

vertibration wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:33 am
I really hope they release a VST3 version......Gunna be a painful ride for Cubase users in 2022 if they use an M1 silicon
viewtopic.php?p=8262546#p8262546

Return to “Instruments”