Camel Alchemy Dan Worral Tutorials gone?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
waltercruz
KVRAF
1836 posts since 4 Dec, 2011 from Brasília, Brazil

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:28 am

sugo wrote:I have got 11 videos from him. Altogether 1 GB. If someone told me where, i`ll upload them.
I will send a e-mail to you send me through wetransfer? I will wait sometime to see if Dan uploads, if don't, I think that I will create a channel and upload it myself, what do you think?

szurcio
KVRian
798 posts since 25 Nov, 2005

Re: Camel Alchemy Dan Worral Tutorials gone?

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:37 am

I would be interested in getting them as well.

sugo
KVRist
309 posts since 4 Apr, 2014 from Home

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:39 am

Again:
I downloaded them on camel audio, because i own camel audio alchemy and i remember they where allowed to download. Everyone was able to do that. If someone else own this wonderfull synth too and need them, i`m willing to upload them. But if someone from this fu---ng capitalistic system would have a problem with this, he should tell me before......grrrrr..... this makes me really angry. :evil:
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

2ZrgE
KVRian
1183 posts since 30 Mar, 2011

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:58 am

Well there's a million hosting sites where you could upoad them for free, you could even upload them on YT.

But that's just my opinion, in no way I want to promote nor do I activly support the distribution of copyrighted work.

sugo
KVRist

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:08 am

2ZrgE wrote:... in no way I want to promote nor do I activly support the distribution of copyrighted work.
me too

but it would not be nice. first to assimilate alchemy and then assert a claim to the old videos. :scared:

whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
27884 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:13 am

sugo wrote:
2ZrgE wrote:... in no way I want to promote nor do I activly support the distribution of copyrighted work.
but it would not be nice. first to assimilate alchemy and then assert a claim to the old videos. :scared:
If Dan's work was for contract to Camel, such that Camel own the rights, then their (ie Apple's) purchase of Camel and its assets mean they already own the videos; there's no need to assert any claim.
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

waltercruz
KVRAF
1836 posts since 4 Dec, 2011 from Brasília, Brazil

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:14 am

whyterabbyt wrote:If Dan's work was for contract to Camel, such that Camel own the rights, then their purchase of Camel's assets mean they already own the videos; there's no need to assert any claim.
yes :( Maybe the best that we can do is just wait.

sugo
KVRist

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:26 am

waltercruz wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:If Dan's work was for contract to Camel, such that Camel own the rights, then their purchase of Camel's assets mean they already own the videos; there's no need to assert any claim.
yes :( Maybe the best that we can do is just wait.
yep, for the first :D
Often i wanna say more here, but my english is so bad and sometimes translate the things i wanna say is to difficult for me. sorry for that. especially if you or i missunderstood :D

bobbz
KVRer
4 posts since 26 Nov, 2009 from Scotland

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:50 am

Hi guys, I,m in the same boat as well now, need these tutorials badly, and cant find them anywhere. Contacted Dan on Facebook, he was very helpful, but as you can understand, he is very busy with new projects and is fearful of Apple taking the hump. If any one finds any of them, please let me know............ Ive done a lot of searches myself to no avail. Bummer.

aMUSEd
KVRAF
31168 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:22 am

I have the first 5 and they are an OK introduction but fairly introductory level and made with an earlier version of Alchemy. Maybe the rest cover post 1.5, there were a lot of changes in that version? If you really want Alchemy video tutorials I would say invest in the Groove3 series which although not done by Dan, do go into a lot more depth, and were all done with the latest released version of Alchemy.

acYm
KVRian
1068 posts since 11 Sep, 2015

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:35 am

all 11 were on v1.12, but 1 to 5 were kinda the rtfm part of the series, from 6 to 11 it kicks in pretty hard, in my opinion Worrall's most impressive outing, several advanced techniques and tricks that I remember had changed how I view modern synthesis. quite a good bit of knowledge lost from the internet.

zyguli
KVRist
191 posts since 11 May, 2006 from Warszawa

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:51 am

If you guys become friends, you can share the videos with each other legally, without having to pay any fees to Apple thanks to the fair use doctrine. Uploading videos to a streaming services, like YouTube, is prohibited, though.

Edit:this actually depends on the legal system that governs the copyright laws.

bobbz
KVRer

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:04 am

aMUSEd wrote:I have the first 5 and they are an OK introduction but fairly introductory level and made with an earlier version of Alchemy. Maybe the rest cover post 1.5, there were a lot of changes in that version? If you really want Alchemy video tutorials I would say invest in the Groove3 series which although not done by Dan, do go into a lot more depth, and were all done with the latest released version of Alchemy.

Thanks for that mate ............. I will have a hunt for it !

bobbz
KVRer

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:09 am

I had a big dig thru Youtube this morning and did find some of helpful stuff, and new things I never knew like Spectral Synthesis. Some of the new vids for the phone App thingy have some helpful reminders and tips too .................... Dans' tutorials were perfectly put together tho.

btw
KVRist
94 posts since 30 Jul, 2014

Post Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:32 am

:party:
Last edited by btw on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”