Gforce Oddity2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oddity2

bill45 wrote:The bottom end sounds awesome on this!
That, plus the quirky resonance..lovely

So with this thing being super cheap at the moment, and me being a person who buys too much stuff, I've been looking at grabbing it. It looks like they put all the good stuff from minimonsta in there but left out the octave of morphing keys so that you have to morph through a bank. Is this correct?
The implementation in minimonsta was great, but I hate dealing with banks and presets. I like to build my sound for the track and the morph octave was just a great way to get extreme variation throughout a song. I'm never gonna need to morph from a nice aggressive bass to a weird ringmodulated pad sound that happens to be in the same bank.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:So with this thing being super cheap at the moment, and me being a person who buys too much stuff, I've been looking at grabbing it. It looks like they put all the good stuff from minimonsta in there but left out the octave of morphing keys so that you have to morph through a bank. Is this correct?
The implementation in minimonsta was great, but I hate dealing with banks and presets. I like to build my sound for the track and the morph octave was just a great way to get extreme variation throughout a song. I'm never gonna need to morph from a nice aggressive bass to a weird ringmodulated pad sound that happens to be in the same bank.
That is correct. And i haven't got the morphing working in a DAW by midi. So it has to be triggered by a mouseclick. Which is a bit of a shame. Correct me if i am wrong (please).

But other then that; just a bargain for what you DO get. Such a lovely sound.

exmatproton wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:So with this thing being super cheap at the moment, and me being a person who buys too much stuff, I've been looking at grabbing it. It looks like they put all the good stuff from minimonsta in there but left out the octave of morphing keys so that you have to morph through a bank. Is this correct?
That is correct. And i haven't got the morphing working in a DAW by midi. So it has to be triggered by a mouseclick. Which is a bit of a shame. Correct me if i am wrong (please).

I'm still perfectly happy with the sound of Oddity 1 (it's crazy close to a real Odyssey (in the ways that matter to me) and uses like zero CPU). The morph octave would have pushed me over the edge though. Still might buy it though if I don't stay off of here.

Ah_Dziz wrote:
exmatproton wrote:

I'm still perfectly happy with the sound of Oddity 1 (it's crazy close to a real Odyssey (in the ways that matter to me) and uses like zero CPU). The morph octave would have pushed me over the edge though. Still might buy it though if I don't stay off of here.
Well, the xlfo and adsr, the new filter types, polyphony, sub osc, modulators and fx, are a real reason to upgrade. Especially at this pricepoint.

exmatproton wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:
exmatproton wrote:

Well, the xlfo and adsr, the new filter types, polyphony, sub osc, modulators and fx, are a real reason to upgrade. Especially at this pricepoint.
Isn't the CPU use noticeably higher? Even without using polyphony? Because those features (other than all the modulation) aren't super important to me for arp odyssey type noises.

^Unfortunately it actually is on my system... And quite brutal: 3x.

:hihi:
Ah_Dziz wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:
exmatproton wrote:

Isn't the CPU use noticeably higher? Even without using polyphony? Because those features (other than all the modulation) aren't super important to me for arp odyssey type noises.
Well, yes. But if you play monophonic, the cpu hit is less important. I mean, i don't know what kind of system you use, but over here at a buffer of 96smpls, it only takes about 3 or 4%. When i use 32 voices, the hit is around 20~30%.

This is on an Intel Core i7 4970K @ 4,6 GHz.

Ah_Dziz wrote: I'm still perfectly happy with the sound of Oddity 1 (it's crazy close to a real Odyssey (in the ways that matter to me) and uses like zero CPU). The morph octave would have pushed me over the edge though. Still might buy it though if I don't stay off of here.
Oddity 1 and 2 have the exact same synthesis so you wouldn't be losing anything by going to version 2.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote: I'm still perfectly happy with the sound of Oddity 1 (it's crazy close to a real Odyssey (in the ways that matter to me) and uses like zero CPU). The morph octave would have pushed me over the edge though. Still might buy it though if I don't stay off of here.
Oddity 1 and 2 have the exact same synthesis so you wouldn't be losing anything by going to version 2.
money...;)

I had seen the 50% off that ends at the end of this month and I have owned oddity 1 for years now and it is my favorite sound. I was nervous to upgrade, on the fence thinking, would it be worth 84$ usd and to be honest. ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY ! It will now be my go-to synth from here on out . ;)

Ron C

100% Oddity - All synth parts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttoiIAAavnY

Just got 2, loving it!

I think it's a crazy good synth. The test of a good synth for me is how it sounds with no fx and and stuff like earbuds and Oddity sounds sweet on both counts. The gui is a factor but sound is all the counts at the end of the day, it'll end up in a rack anyway and it'd be mad to pass up such a deal unless you've got your analog needs covered. Just my 2c. :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

musikmachine wrote:I think it's a crazy good synth. The test of a good synth for me is how it sounds with no fx and and stuff like earbuds and Oddity sounds sweet on both counts. The gui is a factor but sound is all the counts at the end of the day, it'll end up in a rack anyway and it'd be mad to pass up such a deal unless you've got your analog needs covered. Just my 2c. :)
+1 :clap:

Return to “Instruments”