Modelonia 2.0 finally released! And Modelonia LE Beat mag too

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Modelonia Modelonia Player

Well since I'm reviewing the presets right now for the next update, here one more very short orchestral example:
http://dashsignature.com/mp3/synthesize ... Preset.mp3

I'm having more and more problems using this in Kore 2, I'm wondering if the way forward would be for Modelonia to take on the role of doing the morphing. I find the current sliders too hit and miss, problem is you can't define the ends of each slider, they are just based on generic models. What Kore enables is for me to make a bunch of variations (usually I go for extremes like a string pluck and flute) and save them to different morph pads (there are 8 as in Alchemy) then it enables me to explore all the sonic spaces between those variations, which often generates a lot of very interesting in-between sounds, which of course I can also save as patches and use them to generate more morph targets ad infinitum. If Modelonia had a morph grid like Kore and Alchemy to save variations to that would cut out the need for Kore and make Modelonia even more interesting.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patches used in the above piece (and some extras from recent experiments) here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... %20new.zip

(also included my original Modelonia Intermorphs bank although I think some of these may be in the factory bank now)

wow, that's a great achievement as far as I hear, reminds me of Boulez, Messiaen, Berio,
whith strong hints of concrete music.
Unfortunately I guess you won't find much appreciation for your work at KVR. But I do like it.

And I love how you stressed that out of Modelonia.
Your idea for a morph pad inside Modelonia itself is good of course. But I can't promise anything right now.

BTW also thanks for sharing your patches!
Last edited by liqih on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow thankyou Luigi, that is high praise indeed and I'm sure I don't deserve it but Berio in particular has always been one of my musical heroes, pity he doesn't get as much appreciation. Certainly I would say the idea of seeing how far I can push an instrument, in particular in terms of timbre, is a very Berio idea (his Sequenzas are some of the best pieces of 20th C music imho). You give me confidence to post this in the Cafe though, we'll see what KvR makes of it :)

Wow, aMUSEd! What a beautiful, well-wrought piece! :love:

It gave me a bit of a Murail vibe too!

Well done! .:)

Thankyou - not heard anything by him so I must look him up. In the meantime here's a slightly more relaxed piece, in places, exploring the space in and around a smeary cello patch I made:

https://soundcloud.com/kymeia/adventure ... celloverse

Wonderful piece! Great build-up and a beautiful payoff.

yes also celloverse is interesting, and just one instance of Modelonia again! Great exploration, just more melodic and less radical than the flutescrapes.
The flutescrapes sounds more exciting to me.

Here is another one with Modelonia doing the main dense pad through-out. you can hear the string resin sound near the beginning. its going through a huge reverb which dominates the sound.

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/ev ... es-of-time

plexuss wrote:Here is another one with Modelonia doing the main dense pad through-out. you can hear the string resin sound near the beginning. its going through a huge reverb which dominates the sound.

I like that drone thing, maybe it gets too boomy in the middle
but the faint groove of the percussions is refreshing.

Brett how many tracks you do per day! I see you posting everywhere,
congrats for so much creativity.

Would you take the challenge to to make a piece like this, but shorter and using
only Modelonia and drums? I'd be putting it in the User Songs page of Modelonia on NUSofting site.

to aMUSEd: Flutescrapes would show well in the User Songs page too if I have your permission.

Yes fine by me, thanks

I'm not a big fan of drone "music". But I at times I will lay down something I consider "ambient".

I have been writing a lot lately. I've been doing music since the 80s but I took 9 years off due to a bunch of things. once I got back into it a year ago, I guess I have a ton of pent up creative energy. I don't typically set out to write a track but they just happen as I experiment with plugins. eventually I will integrate my plugin based studio with my hardware based studio that has been sitting dormant. my minimoog has been crying due to lack of attention.

I've re-mixed that track and it's better sounding now. I tend to put up an early mix and then work on it over time and replace the track with newer better versions.

I can try and do what you asked for below and if I come up with something satisfactory, I'll post it.

Thanks for the great synths!
liqih wrote:
plexuss wrote:Here is another one with Modelonia doing the main dense pad through-out. you can hear the string resin sound near the beginning. its going through a huge reverb which dominates the sound.

I like that drone thing, maybe it gets too boomy in the middle
but the faint groove of the percussions is refreshing.

Brett how many tracks you do per day! I see you posting everywhere,
congrats for so much creativity.

Would you take the challenge to to make a piece like this, but shorter and using
only Modelonia and drums? I'd be putting it in the User Songs page of Modelonia on NUSofting site.

to aMUSEd: Flutescrapes would show well in the User Songs page too if I have your permission.

aMUSEd wrote:Yes fine by me, thanks
Great, please let me know if you want to me to some note with it

Return to “Instruments”