Old Free VSTi Gems From The Past / in short 2016 version

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

placeholder
Last edited by Cruba on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

good work! :8

ty!

Karma_tba wrote:I am struggling to understand this website. The majority of serious users/musicians/producers are proponents of 64 bit DAWs and plugins, yet so much effort is being put into archiving "gems" from the past. It is obviously a fact that these plugins are overwhelmingly 32 bit. If 64 bit is driving current and future music production what is the point of collecting antiques? Are people using these plugins? Are they running a separate kit to do so? Is this some form of nostalgia? If these plugins are considered inferior due to being 32 bit why bother? Personally I have no issue with 32 bit plugins, but many here discriminate based on whether a plugin is available in 64 bit. I don't get it.

If i accept what you say why is my 12 bit PPG synth costs more than the newest workstations ? A sound has nothing to do with bits and bytes. This kind of quality is not as important as the mainstream business lines tell us. Its the evoulution of computer power and not the evolution of music or even sounds. A haracter of a sound can be seen as a fault in a perfect system. Just look at the old synths with their unstable oscs and different filters. The other thing is that you can find very interesting ideas among these free vsts. If a software is not expansive it can be useful tho. There are very clever solutions in these gems. If you concentrate to the professional side of the music making, and underestimate the amateur force you miss a lot.

Karma_tba wrote:I am struggling to understand this website. The majority of serious users/musicians/producers are proponents of 64 bit DAWs and plugins, yet so much effort is being put into archiving "gems" from the past. It is obviously a fact that these plugins are overwhelmingly 32 bit. If 64 bit is driving current and future music production what is the point of collecting antiques? Are people using these plugins? Are they running a separate kit to do so? Is this some form of nostalgia? If these plugins are considered inferior due to being 32 bit why bother? Personally I have no issue with 32 bit plugins, but many here discriminate based on whether a plugin is available in 64 bit. I don't get it.
Maybe this thread is no longer active... Or maybe it is always active, since it is about resurrecting past plugins :)
Anyway, a pretty obvious reason to save these babies is that you might have great old project that used one of these instruments or effects. For some reason you need to go back to that proj, years later and you have deleted a key plugin (or lost it in a computer crash, whatever...)

Still active, but I've no time atm to continue the work. ;)

327 out of 835 pages summarized atm, but to go on and not get totally crazy, I will skip the really huge amount of pinkjimiphoton's linklists and copy all the linklists in Exel for now. That way I could also check for doubles. When my index is complete, I will see what to do with all the pink's "collection" of all links. He did a really great job, it's a massive list og 5500+ links atm, but the problem ist, it's completely mixed links.

Just don't feel confused, why the pink's linklists are not in this cleaned index atm. ;)

I'm no longer looking for this. The link worked. I translated the page and found no direct linking allowed, but the program is on the site so thanks, it's sorted.

AudioBulb's Ambient was just updated to v4. It's still alive and well. Love it.

tommyzai wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:56 pm AudioBulb's Ambient was just updated to v4. It's still alive and well. Love it.
AMBIENT Software - 25% off January 2020

New year is a great time to fire up your creativity.

To support this we are offering 25% of the unique AMBIENT software module.

Descriptor: Unique standalone audio processing software capable of producing radically transformed audio, sound sculpting and design. Paint with sound ...

Platform: Mac Osx & PC Windows

http://www.audiobulb.com/pri/ABT/Ambien ... -offer.htm

Release page includes videos and audio demos and instruction manual.

I'd really like to try Stepbeater but I can't find it anywhere. Where to find? Cheers, A.

Hi,
S0210 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:32 pm I'd really like to try Stepbeater but I can't find it anywhere. Where to find? Cheers, A.
look here: https://web.archive.org/web/20130730141 ... beater.dll
Regards, tf-drone

Return to “Instruments”