StiX : MultiSynthesis Drum Machine (v1.6 Released + Flash sales)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StiX

The midi d'n'd is still under evaluation. Atm the best way to control hw devices live, or edit pattern data data in your daw is to record StiX midi output data in your daw.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

future-bit wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Did you receive the newsletter with the code from Xils ( was issued today if I'm not mistaken)

Actually, all people who have installed the CM version should have received this newsletter. The code is inside the newsletter. Just use it at the checkout and you'll get 50% discount for StiX full version
No
Also, no
Check your PM :wink:

If some other people have not received the newsletter and wish to know the CM version crossgrade code, just PM me.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:The midi d'n'd is still under evaluation. Atm the best way to control hw devices live, or edit pattern data data in your daw is to record StiX midi output data in your daw.
Yep, we know that’s the only way to control it...

2 years plus for this very important feature and it’s still under evaluation...

How many customers have Xils lost with this stubbornness and total neglect of customer opinion.

I would not recommend Stix and will leave it at that now. 2 years of waiting is enough...
If anyone is looking for it cheap, PM me.

An enhanced new browser has also been requested by users, so ... :shrug:

Lotuzia wrote:An enhanced new browser has also been requested by users, so ... :shrug:
Er... yeah... right...nice one bruv, thanks! :dog: :help:

simmo75 wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:The midi d'n'd is still under evaluation. Atm the best way to control hw devices live, or edit pattern data data in your daw is to record StiX midi output data in your daw.
Yep, we know that’s the only way to control it...

How many customers have Xils lost with this stubbornness and total neglect of customer opinion.

If I mentioned it, it's because ... some people might read us actually, and not be aware of that.

One of my friends control its Elektron Dum Machine and MFB522 sounds LIVE with StiX. He chains patterns live, and the hardware mixes with StiX for the best of all worlds. So maybe StiX has won some 'customers' with the Midi output ? (because obviously very few DM can do this).

Otoh he also uses his daw to modify StiX midi data in his studio. In this case, he simply record the midi output stream in his daw.(and then he also controls his hardware and vsti with StiX data)

simmo75 wrote:Do Xils-Labs listen or care about customer opinions?
No.
See my post more than half a year ago here.
Guess what happens when you click "forum" on their website today? Still an error page.
Still no update to the manual. 2 years old and still lacking in my opinion.
simmo75 wrote:There should be some decent tutorials on how to get the best out it.
New tutorials strongly suggested more than a year ago now.
No new tutorials.

And I did not even get into expected standard features talked above.

I gave it another 6 months. But I find myself using the competition's products although I really would like to use this one as well.

nevis wrote:
simmo75 wrote:Do Xils-Labs listen or care about customer opinions?
No.
See my post more than half a year ago here.
Guess what happens when you click "forum" on their website today? Still an error page.
Still no update to the manual. 2 years old and still lacking in my opinion.
simmo75 wrote:There should be some decent tutorials on how to get the best out it.
New tutorials strongly suggested more than a year ago now.
No new tutorials.

And I did not even get into expected standard features talked above.

I gave it another 6 months. But I find myself using the competition's products although I really would like to use this one as well.
Me too, it’s such a shame as Stix could be amazing but it’s half assed development is kind of an embarrassment...
Microtonic is so much more intuitive for me.

Tutorials there will be. And new features as well.( There's already the new preset manager, and it make StiX much easier to use)

Development of the new preset manager took much more time than schedulled, but it's finally there.(it's a very complex piece of software and logic)

It's a transversal development, meaning that it will be ported on all Xils-Lab plugins over time. It's on par with the best preset managers, like Omnisphere 2, wich also took a lot of time to develop.

Meanwhile, on Xils side, there were also the PolyMoog emulation, the building of the new website, and many other things. The .nks compatibility development took a lot of time too.

I can't talk that much of the future features atm, because it's not the right time to do so, but they have also been heavily debatted and balanced during this period, (and some are still debatted atm tbh) They will make StiX even more versatile, powerful, pleasurable and interesting to use. I hope you will like them. StiX is still alive and growing, and if you compare it to the development of some other drum instruments, well .....

We're sorry that all this was longer than we thought, and to meet your expectations, but we try to do our best.

Lotuzia wrote:Tutorials there will be. And new features as well.( There's already the new preset manager, and it make StiX much easier to use)

Development of the new preset manager took much more time than schedulled, but it's finally there.(it's a very complex piece of software and logic)

It's a transversal development, meaning that it will be ported on all Xils-Lab plugins over time. It's on par with the best preset managers, like Omnisphere 2, wich also took a lot of time to develop.

Meanwhile, on Xils side, there were also the PolyMoog emulation, the building of the new website, and many other things. The .nks compatibility development took a lot of time too.

I can't talk that much of the future features atm, because it's not the right time to do so, but they have also been heavily debatted and balanced during this period, (and some are still debatted atm tbh) They will make StiX even more versatile, powerful, pleasurable and interesting to use. I hope you will like them. StiX is still alive and growing, and if you compare it to the development of some other drum instruments, well .....

We're sorry that all this was longer than we thought, and to meet your expectations, but we try to do our best.
Haha, dude really?

You should run for President of the USA :lol:

simmo75 wrote:Haha, dude really?

You should run for President of the USA :lol:
Isn't there somebody in the place atm ? :P

Reaper 5.92, StiX CM.

From the StiX manual (page 7):
You can switch patterns live by pressing the keys of your midi Keyboard in the C2-B2 range while stix is running : C is pattern A, C#
is pattern B, aso.
Testing StiX at the moment (who knows, the big version might be for me :) ), I started with something simple. I created 12 patterns, from A to L, and created a midi item in Reaper with 12 notes from C2 to B3.
When I play this, nothing happens. Just to be sure, I've moved the notes all around from C-1 to C9, but no pattern is ever played. Is it too simple what I do, or is this a limitation of the CM version, or is there something else..

Thanks,
Xpoes

Edit: I can 'play' the patterns with my keyboard..
Xpoes

W10, Reaper, Intel Core i7 9700F (8x Core) @4.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, 32 GB RAM, FluidAudio SRI-2, Nektar Impact LX61+

xpoes wrote:Reaper 5.92, StiX CM.

From the StiX manual (page 7):
You can switch patterns live by pressing the keys of your midi Keyboard in the C2-B2 range while stix is running : C is pattern A, C#
is pattern B, aso.
Testing StiX at the moment (who knows, the big version might be for me :) ), I started with something simple. I created 12 patterns, from A to L, and created a midi item in Reaper with 12 notes from C2 to B3.
When I play this, nothing happens. Just to be sure, I've moved the notes all around from C-1 to C9, but no pattern is ever played. Is it too simple what I do, or is this a limitation of the CM version, or is there something else..

Thanks,
Xpoes

Edit: I can 'play' the patterns with my keyboard..
So it's all good now ? ( I assume you can record your midi kb input into Reaper, then just play it and StiX CM will follow the pattern changes ?)

So it's all good now ? ( I assume you can record your midi kb input into Reaper, then just play it and StiX CM will follow the pattern changes ?)
Yes, I've got that working.
I've recorded some pattern changes with the keyboard, and that works, hurray :tu:

Cheers,
Xpoes
Xpoes

W10, Reaper, Intel Core i7 9700F (8x Core) @4.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, 32 GB RAM, FluidAudio SRI-2, Nektar Impact LX61+

Here's a screen of StiX new preset manager.

The -visible- main GUI control remain accessible (so you can change the drumpad from Crash to Snare on the main GUI, and the preset manager will update & refresh according to your new preset type selection)

As you can see on the picture, you can make a multiselection in the resulting sort (right column), and, for example, export it. Favorite it. Delete it. Or retag all the presets in the selection.

All comments welcomed.

Return to “Instruments”