StiX : MultiSynthesis Drum Machine (v1.6 Released + Flash sales)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StiX

masterhiggins wrote:Is there an upgrade path from Stix LE from Beat? If so, do you know the cost? Or is just for Stix CM? Thanks.
Not yet. I'm afraid you have to get StiX CM ( that can be found in Computer Music issue n°244 iirc, or can DLed in the CM vault if you have any issue of the magazine) if you wish to upgrade now.

Moreover, these upgrades are not a permanent path.( Like the Xils LE--> XIls 4 for example). So it only happens once for the CM version at the moment, and it will probably be similar for the Beat version. StiX CM users waited more than a year for this opportunity (wich admitedly is too long), and Beat version is more recent, but I can't give you any date for this.

And finally, you can install CM version together with Beat version, and StiX full version without problem : They all share the same ressources & preset directories afaik, so that any projects made with whatever version should be safe.( Wich simply means that if you saved a preset in a project made with the magware versions, it should be available when you have StiX full)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

I bought CM 244 to get StixCM, and installed it in one of my linux setups,
a stock oldish wine 2.18, (no over-rides) with the latest reaper.
Registered fine, and seems fully functional, even has some
balinese sounds, which will be great fun using some delay effects.
It's got plenty for the DIY guy, and for the preset guy.
Has the upgrade offer expired?
Cheers

glokraw wrote:I bought CM 244 to get StixCM, and installed it in one of my linux setups,
a stock oldish wine 2.18, (no over-rides) with the latest reaper.
Registered fine, and seems fully functional, even has some
balinese sounds, which will be great fun using some delay effects.
It's got plenty for the DIY guy, and for the preset guy.
Has the upgrade offer expired?
Cheers
No, 5 days left :)

Last Xils newsletter :
"Steps to go : StiX CM is the free magware version of StiX and can be found in Computer Music n° 244 issue, or as a download in the CM vault if you have purchased any CM issue.
1/ (optional) Download and install StiX CM version on your computer
2/ (Optional) Register on Xils-lab site
3/ Add StiX to your cart.
4/ At the end of the check out, use the following 50% discount Code :

STIX_CM_2018

Offer Valid until August 28th, 2018"

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Thanks for the info. One more payday before the 28th :hihi:

glokraw wrote:Thanks for the info. One more payday before the 28th :hihi:
August 28th is my birthday too 8)

Lotuzia wrote:

That's five days after mine! :)

ZeePok wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

Welcome to the club, and happy birthday to you :hug:

Lotuzia wrote:
ZeePok wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

Welcome to the club, and happy birthday to you :hug:
Thank you very much! :) :hug:

And since you mentioned it, let me wish you a very Happy Birthday today! Santé! :) :party:

(Just curious: how young will you be getting today? I myself crossed 55 last week! :-o)

Thanks Zeepok :hug: :hug:

Just a bit less experienced than you, by the smallest margin :)

I have StiX CM and was looking into upgrading but over $100 to upgrade ? I'll have to pass. :shrug:

On a side note I find StiX CM very CPU intensive for a drum synth. I suppose the full version would be the same.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:I have StiX CM and was looking into upgrading but over $100 to upgrade ? I'll have to pass. :shrug:

On a side note I find StiX CM very CPU intensive for a drum synth. I suppose the full version would be the same.
the discount is 50% and it ends tonight afaik. So it should be 89€ ( I Dont know how it convert in US $ on Xils site though)

The cpu print is exactly the same yes. It is not very noticeable on my -quite old- i7, but it might be a more important criteria for older & slower machines yes. It has 10 drum sounds, wich can each include/blend three types of oscillators, FM, Analog, Samples, zdf analog filers, and plethora of EGs, LFOs, Macro & modulations. So that, yes, for this type of drum machine, I think a certain cpu load is to be expected.

September 2018 : Now that the new Preset Manager has been implemented, a new cycle of development has been engaged.

It will adress pretty much all areas : Synthesis, Sequencer, Effects, Workflow, real time interactions etc.

Atm there are 20+ new features that are on the radar, some being already tested. Not all will be implemented, and we'll have to set priorities. We'll do our best/max.

An exemple : A Choke feature.
Another example, a compressor, per voice. Or maybe just on the stereo bus.
A third example : An additional Midi Out mode by Drag'n'drop is also somewhere in the list, to compliment the already implemented mode.

Meanwhile StiX ecosystem will also be gradually expanded ( Sounds, presets, tutorials etc)

So, if you want to add new requests, comment some requests that will be presented over time, and sometimes possibly discuss how they could be implemented, this is the right place, and the right time. (Note that this dev. cycle might take a bit of time before it is completed)

The new Preset Manager is now in StiX only?

Lotuzia,
That all sounds great and I will be glad when it is implemented.
I do value Stix’s ability to generate sound. I’ve found it to be worth more than just a rhythm generator, using samples that typically would not be used in a “drum” machine and patterns/tempos that produce somthing other than “rhythm”.

In other words I like to use stix in an experimental way that it was not intended to be used and am loving the results...sometimes :)

FR:
1. Ability to rename the pads from kick, snare... etc etc, to something of our choosing ( thump, scream, sing, kick 2...whatever). This would give flexibility and clarity when our sounds don’t follow the rigid mold that is set for us by the pad names.

2. And this is no small one, nks support would put this into the stratosphere above anything out there. A couple other xils instruments have gotten the nks love, why not Stix? Seems to be a great fit for Maschine. Maybe this can tie into the midi drag and drop issue that has been requested.

Thanks

ZeePok wrote: 
The new Preset Manager is now in StiX only?
Yes, but another Xils synthesizer will soon be released with the NPM update, and a couple of units are currently in beta test.

Gradually, all Xils synthesizers and effect line will include NPM.

Return to “Instruments”