Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Ingonator
KVRAF
12043 posts since 21 Mar, 2008 from Hannover, Germany

Post Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:20 am

Bessides UVI Falcon the Galbanum wavetables also seem to be compatible with teh Waldorf Nave plugin when using the "Analyze Audio" feature for a Resynthesis of the WAV file. You could then re-save the wavetables in Nave's *.wtb format. Nave will also save the imported wavetable with your patches.
Ingo Weidner
notebook: HP Omen 15.6" / Win 10 Home 64-bit / i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD (internal) // audio: Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd gen)
DAWs: Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 // controller: Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Andrew Souter
KVRAF
2528 posts since 12 Sep, 2008

Re: Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

Post Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:28 pm

terminus_one wrote: Nevertheless, this Galbanum Architecture Waveforms package has the potential to be a vast sonic palette that could be used and reused across multiple synths, in potentially diverse ways, for a really long time. That's an enticing prospect :) Right now I'd love to use it in the synths I have: e.g. SynthMaster, Z3ta+2, Dune 2, AIR Hybrid 3, etc., with a view to unlocking even more potential when I eventually purchase Serum and Falcon. (i.e. the gift that keeps giving :))
Thanks for the compliments. For your needs Wav-32 and perhaps eventually Wavetable sound ideal.
terminus_one wrote: Right now, the plethora of options and compatibility questions is unnecessarily complicating the way the product seems to a potential customer. May I suggest a "simple" compatibility grid/matrix with very clear explanations on what each format/package has to offer (exactly) and the known compatibility for that particular format/package.

Thanks for listening, and for all your help :)
Sure, sounds like a great idea. I'll do it in the next few days. :tu:

CrystalWizard
KVRian
696 posts since 10 Jul, 2008 from Orbiti sw usa

Post Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:12 pm

Galbanum wrote:BTW, a while ago, a user very generously spent his time to make a web-based visualizer for the entire collection of 25k waveforms. I keep forgetting to mention this, but it's rather cool to play with:

http://galbanum.com/Waveform_Veiwer/index.htm

I forget exactly who made it made, but perhaps he will read this and claim credit for this work! Thanks!! :tu: :tu:

Now that's just the coolest. whoever it was, thanks.
gadgets an gizmos...make noise
https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness

mutantdog
KVRAF
1964 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from The Infinite Void

Post Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:04 am

Galbanum wrote:
terminus_one wrote: Right now, the plethora of options and compatibility questions is unnecessarily complicating the way the product seems to a potential customer. May I suggest a "simple" compatibility grid/matrix with very clear explanations on what each format/package has to offer (exactly) and the known compatibility for that particular format/package.

Thanks for listening, and for all your help :)
Sure, sounds like a great idea. I'll do it in the next few days. :tu:
That would be great, I'd appreciate it also. I'm slowly coming round to the idea of grabbing WT and WAV-32 together, it would be good to know how useful the latter will be.

Perhaps you could amend the first post here with a known compatibility list for all formats too.

hlrf
KVRer
11 posts since 2 Jan, 2016

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:13 am

Galbanum wrote:... It is possible the Apple version has the the waveforms "baked-in" and we can not add user waves.
I don't own Logic but MainStage3 has 'em inside the .app bundle:
/MainStage 3.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAAlchemy.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Libraries/

Tried the Galbanum ALC demo pack and they indeed appear in the osc menu and plays fine.

---

btw, Do anyone still have the old wav2alchemy utility?
I think it was hosted by Camel but I'm too late to the party, please PM me if you do.

---
edit: got it from the author, thank you Martin!!
Last edited by hlrf on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dewdman42
KVRAF
1582 posts since 14 Mar, 2006

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:15 am

good find. Its in the same place inside LogicXPro.app. However the demo wavetable didn't work for me in logic under WaveOsc. I can put them in a folder and the folder will appear in Alchemy, but not the actual wav. Other waveosc files appears to be *.raw, whatever that is.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-128gb 10.14, X32+AES16e-50, LPX, Cubase, StudioOne, DP, Reaper, VEP7, VSL Full Cube, MirPro, EWHO Diamond, Kirk Hunter, etc

hlrf
KVRer

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:07 am

Alchemy only reads .raw as VA oscs I guess, Galbanum already have an Alchemy version in that format (they're not scannable wavetables but band-limiting variations of the same waveform), that's what I'm using.

dune_rave
KVRian
1343 posts since 23 Jun, 2006 from Hungary

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:48 am

I used them in SynthMaster,
but Dunno if Blue II could use them too....

Andrew Souter
KVRAF
2528 posts since 12 Sep, 2008

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:36 pm

Re the questions, about Dune, I am told that the new Wavetable format will work in 2.x shortly. No special format will be required. :tu:

I am hoping/pushing for them to be usable in the newly announced Tone 2 Icarus too.

bftucker
KVRian
1131 posts since 30 Apr, 2004 from Louisville, KY

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:37 pm

I bought the wavetable format today hoping that I would be able to use it in Dune2 eventually so this is very good news! :clap:

Thanks. Please keep us informed of its progress.
바보

Ingonator
KVRAF
12043 posts since 21 Mar, 2008 from Hannover, Germany

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:43 pm

Galbanum wrote: I am hoping/pushing for them to be usable in the newly announced Tone 2 Icarus too.
Sent a PM.
Ingo Weidner
notebook: HP Omen 15.6" / Win 10 Home 64-bit / i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD (internal) // audio: Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd gen)
DAWs: Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 // controller: Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

hlrf
KVRer

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:45 am

Galbanum wrote:Re the questions, about Dune, I am told that the new Wavetable format will work in 2.x shortly. No special format will be required. :tu:
Wonderful to hear that!! Just got Dune 2 few days ago, nice timing.

I think 200+ wavetables is definitely more user-friendly than 25,000+ single-cycles, even without modulation, scrolling smoothly through waveforms should be a interesting way to find what sounds right.

Roc77
KVRist
39 posts since 10 Aug, 2011

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:53 am

Does any one know if the wavetable format is compatible with Wolfgangpalm PPG WaveGenerator, WaveMapper and Phonem

For Phonem as far as I can tell I would have to import the wavetables into WaveGenerator then export them to Phonem, at that point they would be converted. Phonem reads wts. format, so would this step even be necessary?

http://wolfgangpalm.com/wg.html

Here is a list of some of the specs for WaveGenerator:

Creation of your own waves and wavetables.
Playful sound creation simply by drawing or picking harmonics
256 waves assembled within a wave grid
3 Audio Oscillators

Also I don't know what the Wave bit depth these plugins can read. Are there any potential problems if say the plugins only read 24bit waves, would the 32bit format still work. Thanks.

Shabdahbriah
KVRAF
4920 posts since 19 Jun, 2008 from Seattle

Post Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:54 am

hlrf wrote: btw, Do anyone still have the old wav2alchemy utility?
r-click: "save link as"
http://www.martineastwood.com/downloads/wav2alchemy.zip
Perception is the ultimate "reality" ~ but not, the ultimate Truth.

Daags
KVRAF
2196 posts since 19 Dec, 2014

Post Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:10 am

Shabdahbriah wrote:
hlrf wrote: btw, Do anyone still have the old wav2alchemy utility?
r-click: "save link as"
http://www.martineastwood.com/downloads/wav2alchemy.zip

did that...resulting zip file is 51 bytes ... ?

Return to “Instruments”