Novation V-Station question

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bass Station V-Station

I have a problem with installing V-Station and BassStation on Windows 10

I have downloaded the latest versions of the plug, in custom installation I chose to install just the x64 version

I then navigate to the folder C:\Vstplugins\64bits and set that as the folder I want the vst installed to, and click next.

I then get an error as following:

[!] You must enter a full path with drive letter; for example
C:\APP
or a UNC path in the form
\\server\share

But I just did that? :?

Nobody else have this problem?

Personally i dont have any of the issues described in this thread.

- Presets saved as .fxp are loading fine into any slot

- Hitting 'write' and changing slot via arrows works fine

- Writing a preset from one slot into another works fine

- Bipolar knobs all behave normally

- No problems with the installer as far as i can recall

V-Station 1.72 on Win7/32

(I have 2.3 too, but not installed.)

ENV1 wrote: V-Station 1.72 on Win7/32

If you're on a 32-bit DAW, you can safely skip the newer versions of V-Station, because, in my experience, they're buggier, and feature a new copy protection, which can be a bit fiddly, IIRC.

chk071 wrote:
ENV1 wrote: V-Station 1.72 on Win7/32

If you're on a 32-bit DAW, you can safely skip the newer versions of V-Station, because, in my experience, they're buggier, and feature a new copy protection, which can be a bit fiddly, IIRC.
Yeah, ive heard about that.

Thats precisely why i didnt bother, after all 1.72 runs perfectly fine here.

I have the 64bit versions installed on Win8.1 ... no problems. Mine are installed in C:VSTplugins\64bit\Novation in subfolders for each synth.

Good luck with W10. If you're just a hobbyist then you won't mind too much. Have a great time!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Could be the installer wants to install both 64bit & 32bit versions, so is asking for a path to install the 32bit version. I've had a few installers do that (AAS for example).

There has been a couple of Win 10 updates since I experieced my problem.

I tried to install V-Station and B-Station today, and then it went smooth as knife through butter :)

So seems those latest Win 10 updates fixed whatever issue there were.

While you're busy fixing stuff, others are busy making music, my friend. Just sayin'...
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:While you're busy fixing stuff, others are busy making music, my friend. Just sayin'...
And so what, I got to do my own engineering

DuX wrote:While you're busy fixing stuff, others are busy making music, my friend. Just sayin'...
V-Station worked fine for me (well, apart from the plugins newer version's bugs) since day 1 on Windows 10 (and everything else too). :shrug: Really wonder what people do with their Windows 10 sometimes that they assumedly have nothing but problem fixing to do.

chk071 wrote:Really wonder what people do with their Windows 10 sometimes that they assumedly have nothing but problem fixing to do.
:nutter:

I had a problem, and it got solved

Numanoid wrote:
chk071 wrote:Really wonder what people do with their Windows 10 sometimes that they assumedly have nothing but problem fixing to do.
:nutter:

I had a problem, and it got solved
Great, I'm happy for you, and I'm happy that you're happy that it got solved. :party:

And I'm happy because I have no problems to solve with W7 and XP, ever. :tu:

Cheers! Never stop being happy! That's the most important thing. :hug:

DuX wrote:Great, I'm happy for you, and I'm happy that you're happy that it got solved. :party:
Why are you wasting time posting gibberish when you could be making tracks instead :box:

Return to “Instruments”