Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
SampleScience
KVRAF
3823 posts since 31 Oct, 2004 from Mtl, Canada

Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:33 pm

michaelbrac wrote:it isnt exactly free , for download the plugin i must donate before. :?
Put 0 in the price field to get it for free. Just like free albums on Bandcamp. :wink:

Edit: I'm about to edit my website to make things clearer. I agree that it can be confusing.

Amram
KVRian
537 posts since 12 Jan, 2013 from Foolish Shepherd = God

Re: Orion Sound Module: Free Rompler

Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:51 pm

SampleScience wrote:
Put 0 in the price field to get it for free. Just like free albums on Bandcamp. :wink:

Edit: I'm about to edit my website to make things clearer. I agree that it can be confusing.
i did so and its asking for my credit card details

edit:i tried again and i put more than one zero and it let me to go on.

SampleScience
KVRAF

Post Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:49 pm

I'm looking for people to create demos of the SampleScience Player. If you're interested and compose on Windows 7 and up or between Mac OSX Snow Leopard and Sierra, contact me at samplesciencemtl (at) hotmail (dot) com . You'll get an advance copy of the SampleScience Player to play with.

As long as you compose music, I'm open to most genre except experimental/noise.

Thank you!

SampleScience
KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:21 am

Good news: Maize Sampler has now both LP and HP filters, which means that the SampleScience Player will have both too. :party:

bigcat1969
KVRian
1347 posts since 30 Jul, 2013

Post Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:03 am

Since all I do is inadvertent noise / experimental when trying to do classical, I posted over on the super secret small developer / composer forum to see if some guys might be interested in doing the demos since they can do stuff other than noise / experimental!

SampleScience
KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:46 am

bigcat1969 wrote:Since all I do is inadvertent noise / experimental when trying to do classical, I posted over on the super secret small developer / composer forum to see if some guys might be interested in doing the demos since they can do stuff other than noise / experimental!
Thank you! :tu: I didn't know you were making music. Personally I like experimental music and I collect this genre in physical form (cassette, LPs, CDs). It just doesn't fit with my plugin audience which is more into harmonious music.

DrMEM
KVRist
121 posts since 6 Aug, 2017

Post Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:14 pm

SampleScience wrote:Ok, I've been back on track and I've made a teaser/preview page for the SampleScience Player that you can see here:

http://www.samplescience.ca/2017/10/sam ... layer.html

It'll give you an idea of what can be expected and why it takes so long to finish.

Cheers! :phones:
Looks great!

Will we be able to automate the A/D/S/R/etc controls in this version? The inability to automate them has always been one of my big frustrations with Orion and the romplers made by bigcat.

SampleScience
KVRAF

Post Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:01 pm

DrMEM wrote:
SampleScience wrote:Ok, I've been back on track and I've made a teaser/preview page for the SampleScience Player that you can see here:

http://www.samplescience.ca/2017/10/sam ... layer.html

It'll give you an idea of what can be expected and why it takes so long to finish.

Cheers! :phones:
Looks great!

Will we be able to automate the A/D/S/R/etc controls in this version? The inability to automate them has always been one of my big frustrations with Orion and the romplers made by bigcat.
Unfortunately no. :(

candles1
KVRer
2 posts since 10 Nov, 2017

Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:35 am

Does anyone have the original "Orion Sound Module"?

The new one is no longer free, but besides that, I don't like the new interface with all the pictures. The old grey box interface I quite like though, if I could get the rompler still somewhere...?

spacekid
KVRian
1008 posts since 12 Sep, 2005

Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:22 pm

candles1 wrote:Does anyone have the original "Orion Sound Module"?

The new one is no longer free, but besides that, I don't like the new interface with all the pictures. The old grey box interface I quite like though, if I could get the rompler still somewhere...?
It's under the 'free' page: https://www.samplescience.ca/search/label/free? oh..nevermind it's there but not to download

SampleScience
KVRAF

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:36 pm

candles1 wrote:Does anyone have the original "Orion Sound Module"?

It has been discontinued and it won't come back because of the work it requires to maintain it compability with current OS (especially macOS) and also because there's too many bugs in it. These bugs have been mostly corrected for the SampleScience Player which is now 10$ to support mainly the bandwith and development of future updates.

Return to “Instruments”