SPC ArcSyn

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alectrona for ArcSyn ArcSyn Arrows for ArcSyn

What do Arcsynth's knobs have to do with the mafia?! 8)

@Philippe Tavares
Demo restriction : Noise sounding like a wave from the ocean from time to time.
relaxing...

nordickvr wrote:@Philippe Tavares
relaxing...
Almost usable in an ambient track. :D
Blue Phase Music

Ya, but make it wet...

I like a dev who states where they are from

SPC is based in Ilfracombe, Devon. So just over the Bristol Channel from Swansea then

nordickvr wrote:@Philippe Tavares
relaxing...
lol ok thanks ! ;)

@Blue Phase Music lol yes , one can try !

May be a little difficult to look at, but I'll be picking this synth up. From my basic knowledge, it seems a little like Absynth with a different interface.
Blue Phase Music

fluffy_little_something wrote:What do Arcsynth's knobs have to do with the mafia?! 8)
You have to be connected to understand.

Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Was trying to demo this on cubase 6 64bit on windows 7 64bit and it didn't work (crushed Cubase upon launch). Oh, well...

This seems perfect for lofi experimental soundscapes and fakebit trickery. Some really wacky waveforms and FX, too. My kinda synth!

EDIT: Ok, now I'm getting into the LFOs and this thing is bonkers. LFOs made of polypulse patterns that are counting in binary? That's pretty much an acid test for nerdiness right there :love:

You can also do lots of maths and logic to two modulators to get new ones. I love that!
Last edited by Sendy on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

zerocrossing wrote:
layzer wrote:looks interesting, but it looks like the GUI was an afterthought with those knobs that could use a little contrast adjustment. :wink:
Ya think? :lol: I'd go a step further and say those knobs need to be completely redesigned. The rest of the UI is OK, but those knobs... and I'm an Italian from NJ! :hihi:
well, if your're going commercial with a synth, i think your paying customers deserve at least proper shading on the knobs! :scared:

i would remove or minimize the highlight glare on the original knob animatiom strip besides fixing the contrast. here i can only fix the contrast :?
proper?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by layzer on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

The knobs don't look that bad in use. These screenshots seem a bit posterized actually, either that or the author toned down the GUI since the screenshots were taken.

Don't get me wrong, the UI isn't very nice IMO, but perfectly usable and well designed from an ergonomic viewpoint if not a visual one.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Don't get me wrong, the UI isn't very nice IMO, but perfectly usable and well designed from an ergonomic viewpoint if not a visual one.
+1

Again, pretty sure the GUI is intentional to use as little resources as possible. Yeah it's got a high fi sound to it as all oscillators and filters are 4* oversampling. I think it lacks a certain depth in the low end registries though and seems taylor made for the dance crowd seems to me... with that high end sheen to it. Seems very sylenth like IMO. I'm not a huge sylenth guy but it fits in that category to me. Nice filters. The filters are quality IMO.

Dasheesh wrote:with that high end sheen to it. Seems very sylenth like IMO. I'm not a huge sylenth guy but it fits in that category to me.
I found the exact opposite to be honest. All waveforms taper off at about 15k, giving it a slightly warm and lo-fo sound. I agree that the filters are excellent, though. I especially like how "sticky" the resonance is on the SVFs.

Return to “Instruments”