Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

mholloway wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:00 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:21 pm Heard back from support. No way to hide modules you don’t own in the browser. Great decision. If your goal is to piss off customers.
Ugh. They make such high quality software, but this choice is cynical and obscene, as I see it. It's just constant advertising to all their paying customers. That is just not OK. They think "ahh eventually they'll get tempted cuz they keep seeing stuff they don't own yet."

I think we should all spam them with requests to change this, no joke.

it's like their uber cool new popup "preset browser"... it was f**king hideous, and i wrote to them, they basically shrugged it off because they know customers want to embed giant photos and a newsletter into every preset. Well, they must've had quite a few slagging emails because they finally installed a little preset browser in the top of the synth, you know, like every plugin maybe should...

Modular is overdue for a UI overhaul. Seems likely they’ll build something similar to the new Amp Room UI, which is pretty good.
Stormchild

mholloway wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:00 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:21 pm Heard back from support. No way to hide modules you don’t own in the browser. Great decision. If your goal is to piss off customers.
Ugh. They make such high quality software, but this choice is cynical and obscene, as I see it. It's just constant advertising to all their paying customers. That is just not OK. They think "ahh eventually they'll get tempted cuz they keep seeing stuff they don't own yet."

I think we should all spam them with requests to change this, no joke.
Agreed. I told them what I thought about it and they said they'd pass it on to the developers. So do give feedback about it. IK Multimedia used to do the same with Amplitube and finally gave the option to hide things you don't own, likely due to feedback.

Hiding the modules we don't use would be indeed highly appreciated.
Re: support, I've also asked more then once to give the option to update just the plug in part of e.g. Monoment Bass and not the whole sample files when nothing (which seems to be most of the time...) there were new/updated.
Same "will pass the request to the developers" answer.
They should forget about them frequent "surveys" if they don't mind that much about them users then...

Im done with Softube. Im all in on VCV Rack 2. Its clear they dont care to listen to customers feedback, and the "I'll pass your request to the development team" is at this point, a big FU in the face.

I hate that kind of response. If you are a company, and you say that, you really suck.

Companies need someone from the Dev team to be boots on the ground communicating with customers on the reg, the same way smaller Devs do it themselves.

Softube delivers plugins in absolute pristine quality. No way in hell I would stop using their stuff because of a minor problem.

And yes, I also use Reaktor and VCV. All of them have their advantages and disadvantages....

vertibration wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:05 pm Im done with Softube. Im all in on VCV Rack 2. Its clear they dont care to listen to customers feedback, and the "I'll pass your request to the development team" is at this point, a big FU in the face.

I hate that kind of response. If you are a company, and you say that, you really suck.

Companies need someone from the Dev team to be boots on the ground communicating with customers on the reg, the same way smaller Devs do it themselves.
I’d rather have the dev team devving.

Doesnt seem like the Dev team is devving what the people have been asking for

I guess the thought process behid this plugin must've been something like "what if we made a vsti that sounded absolutley marvellous, but made it a complete PITA to use". Why, Softube? Why?

vertibration wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:42 pm Doesnt seem like the Dev team is devving what the people have been asking for
Someone doesn't understand how software development at most companies works it would seem. So just a hint...devs don't just put in whatever the f**k customers ask for when they ask for it. Just because you think you're a priority doesn't mean you're a priority.

itanever wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:01 pm I guess the thought process behid this plugin must've been something like "what if we made a vsti that sounded absolutley marvellous, but made it a complete PITA to use". Why, Softube? Why?
Haha so true, so true!

itanever wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:01 pm I guess the thought process behid this plugin must've been something like "what if we made a vsti that sounded absolutley marvellous, but made it a complete PITA to use". Why, Softube? Why?
indeed true, although patching in Softube Modular, it can be a lot better, is not that PITA, for me, i enjoy the patches i make. but still, could implement a better workflow, quite easily.
but sometimes, when you want a move or remove a cable... only one side.
the cables are always straight, give at some point a mess.. or more mess than needed. it is always a mess...

well still enjoy and really like Softube Modular, even next to all the other ones (the most known i have...). the sound, the sound....

rezoneight wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:00 pm
vertibration wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:42 pm Doesnt seem like the Dev team is devving what the people have been asking for
Someone doesn't understand how software development at most companies works it would seem. So just a hint...devs don't just put in whatever the f**k customers ask for when they ask for it. Just because you think you're a priority doesn't mean you're a priority.
It's not only a priority thing (which may not be chosen by the devs but by someone else); sometimes devs may even think something actually makes sense and propose to implement that BUT the marketing (or who ever is in charge of approving the requirements of the software) turns the feature down.

Showing the modules not (yet) purchased all the time seems like a marketing decision to me, in order to have another promotional channel (one the user just can't ignore). I think it's the same as the "in app purchase" features on mobile apps...

I'd really like Softube to provide an option to hide the modules that I don't own, but I won't hold my breath.
In my opinion, it's not a great usability choice to have a lot of greyed out modules/options... but I'm a programmer (although in a different and unrelated field) and a user, I don't work in a marketing department! :P

Also, for those pissed by the "I'll pass it to the dev team" kind of response: unless it's a one-man operation, usually in a structured organization there's someone (or a small group of people) collecting all the requests from the users, approving them, writing them down in a way that actually makes sense to the devs (the user may say "I want x", but "x" may need to be explained and it may have impacts on what's already there and what's coming up in the future and it may require to be discussed with the devs), organizing the priorities and so on. End users usually don't talk with the actual devs (maybe a few selected devs talk with a few selected users, but that' part of the job of collecting requirements and getting feedback); end users often talk with the help desk and that's it.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Rastkovic wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:24 pm Softube delivers plugins in absolute pristine quality. No way in hell I would stop using their stuff because of a minor problem.

And yes, I also use Reaktor and VCV. All of them have their advantages and disadvantages....
Their customer support is not always the greatest, and they are often on the pricier side, but they're consistently high quality.
A well-behaved signature.

rezoneight wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:00 pm
Hey now muchacho, the UI has been voiced by many users not just myself. Calm your tits daddy

Return to “Instruments”