Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

The thing I dislike about the design actually is the cable style. Being straight and without borders actually makes it much harder to see where everything is going. The have this simple uniform color that makes them harder to distinguish when they overlap, where cables that are a little more true to real life looks are easier to follow, as they have a darker outline, for example like reaktor blocks, or bazille are arturia cables.

vertibration wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:45 pm
rezoneight wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:00 pm
vertibration wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:42 pm Doesnt seem like the Dev team is devving what the people have been asking for
Someone doesn't understand how software development at most companies works it would seem. So just a hint...devs don't just put in whatever the f**k customers ask for when they ask for it. Just because you think you're a priority doesn't mean you're a priority.
Hey now muchacho, the UI has been voiced by many users not just myself. Calm your tits daddy
That has nothing whatsoever to do with any point I made "muchacho". If anyone needs to calm their tits bud its you with the demands.

sin night wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:57 pm Also, for those pissed by the "I'll pass it to the dev team" kind of response: unless it's a one-man operation, usually in a structured organization there's someone (or a small group of people) collecting all the requests from the users, approving them, writing them down in a way that actually makes sense to the devs (the user may say "I want x", but "x" may need to be explained and it may have impacts on what's already there and what's coming up in the future and it may require to be discussed with the devs), organizing the priorities and so on. End users usually don't talk with the actual devs (maybe a few selected devs talk with a few selected users, but that' part of the job of collecting requirements and getting feedback); end users often talk with the help desk and that's it.
100% this.

rezoneight wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:28 am
vertibration wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:45 pm
rezoneight wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:00 pm
vertibration wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:42 pm Doesnt seem like the Dev team is devving what the people have been asking for
Someone doesn't understand how software development at most companies works it would seem. So just a hint...devs don't just put in whatever the f**k customers ask for when they ask for it. Just because you think you're a priority doesn't mean you're a priority.
Hey now muchacho, the UI has been voiced by many users not just myself. Calm your tits daddy
That has nothing whatsoever to do with any point I made "muchacho". If anyone needs to calm their tits bud its you with the demands.
Dont get so emotional

Can anyone help me !
Is there anywhere I can get 3rd party patches I can get for softube modular - i find it really hard to do it - I've got most of the modules but its just so hard to work it out.

JUSTINO wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:38 pm Can anyone help me !
Is there anywhere I can get 3rd party patches I can get for softube modular - i find it really hard to do it - I've got most of the modules but its just so hard to work it out.
I think Wagtunes here in the forums sells patches for Softube Modular. Search for some of his posts and click on his signature.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

JUSTINO wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:38 pmI've got most of the modules but its just so hard to work it out.
Make small basic patches and discover the functions of the single modules, the manual is also very helpful by the way.

We can help, if you have specific questions.

https://cdn.softube.com/storage/A87CCB3 ... 201030.pdf

modular.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

One thing Softube Modular could really benefit from adding is a proper Scope module.

If you're unsure what a VCV module is doing, just patch in the VCV scope and boom! Visual of exactly what's happening. I don't think Softube Modular offers one.

thanks guys for the suggestion , its time i learned to do it , i have bought almost all the modules and its a poor show to be put off by all the cables - i have been relying on the presets and am pretty confused by the whole layout. The help vids by softube are only a few basic ones - i will start with the basics and go from there.

also - whats the best way to find some vids - should i try and get my head into it by watching the vcv rack ones - theres tons of them - but their modules dont apply to the softube ones in most cases as they are so vast. or cherry audio ones ?

lastly whats the consensus on the sound of the softube ones ? i have tried vcv but found it muffled which is why ive come back to softube - i bought it years ago - never used it due to the cpu hit and the complexity. Is it way superior in sound quality to cherry and vcv ? it does sound so to me.

lastly ( second lastly ) - is the vermona rhythm and the buchla spectral good buys ? I have got all the other modules except these two. ( just trying to catch this end of year sale if necessary )

just to add - is there any ' cpu saving ' tip for using a macbook pro 2019 - the softube is very hard on it - one instance really peaks the cpu - i have added a app ' disable turbo boost ' because the fans were going into overdrive which has helped the fan problem.

dont know if theres a ' use in light mode ' saver - i dont think there is one as ive not seen it. thanks.

JUSTINO wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:24 am thanks guys for the suggestion , its time i learned to do it , i have bought almost all the modules and its a poor show to be put off by all the cables - i have been relying on the presets and am pretty confused by the whole layout. The help vids by softube are only a few basic ones - i will start with the basics and go from there.

also - whats the best way to find some vids - should i try and get my head into it by watching the vcv rack ones - theres tons of them - but their modules dont apply to the softube ones in most cases as they are so vast. or cherry audio ones ?

lastly whats the consensus on the sound of the softube ones ? i have tried vcv but found it muffled which is why ive come back to softube - i bought it years ago - never used it due to the cpu hit and the complexity. Is it way superior in sound quality to cherry and vcv ? it does sound so to me.

lastly ( second lastly ) - is the vermona rhythm and the buchla spectral good buys ? I have got all the other modules except these two. ( just trying to catch this end of year sale if necessary )
rolf kasten has the most in-depth tutorials of the modules of Softube Modular, not all, but, most of them, the modular specific ones, except the buchla's (for the buchla 296e, you must look at, i always forget his name);

https://youtu.be/2QRdXkj3fFM

where are the others, the half are public the other half or non-public;

check out it his website for all public video's, they are listed, not together, but you can find them here:

https://dev.rofilm-media.net/videotable?page=8

also some basic vid's on page 8 (the above link goes to page 9), the other ones are paid, contact Rolf Kasten, for a deal...

JUSTINO wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:27 am just to add - is there any ' cpu saving ' tip for using a macbook pro 2019 - the softube is very hard on it - one instance really peaks the cpu - i have added a app ' disable turbo boost ' because the fans were going into overdrive which has helped the fan problem.

dont know if theres a ' use in light mode ' saver - i dont think there is one as ive not seen it. thanks.
I’ve got the same computer and - nope. Makes me use SM more like a stand-alone synth with my hardware.

Thanks , I have seen this guy , this is the guy I tried to watch when I first bought it a few years ago ...

But ... he sounds like Werner Herzgog and I find his vids diff to watch , dont get me wrong Werner Herzgog makes good films , but I do struggle with his voice.

This guy has def put a lot of effort into his vids.

I have made a couple of basic patches this morning , just the suggested vco , vca , vcf type , really basic. Its good to do , but when i then put in the korgasmatron I really dont know what any of it means , it has funny symbols and i have patched leads into it with pure guesswork and it made no sound.

I will try and listen to that guy again that you suggested , he certainly knows what he is talking about.

rolf kasten has the most in-depth tutorials of the modules of Softube Modular, not all, but, most of them, the modular specific ones, except the buchla's (for the buchla 296e, you must look at, i always forget his name);

where are the others, the half are public the other half or non-public;

check out it his website for all public video's, they are listed, not together, but you can find them here:

JUSTINO wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:39 amI have made a couple of basic patches this morning , just the suggested vco , vca , vcf type , really basic. Its good to do , but when i then put in the korgasmatron I really dont know what any of it means , it has funny symbols and i have patched leads into it with pure guesswork and it made no sound.
A good start! Well, it's also helpful to get the manuals of the original modules. The Intellijel and 4MS modules were also a little bit confusing for me at the beginning.

https://intellijel.com/downloads/manual ... lement.pdf
https://intellijel.com/downloads/manual ... lement.pdf
https://intellijel.com/downloads/manual ... .09.13.pdf

JUSTINO wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:24 am lastly whats the consensus on the sound of the softube ones ? i have tried vcv but found it muffled which is why ive come back to softube - i bought it years ago - never used it due to the cpu hit and the complexity. Is it way superior in sound quality to cherry and vcv ? it does sound so to me.

I think sound quality here is super-subjective. I used to poo-poo Softube Modular's basic sound and couldn't understand what people were raving about. Then I got a bunch of the add-on modules and *wow*, they sound absolutely fantastic and now Softube is at the top of my list.

In my brief playing with VCV, I think I hear what you mean by the "muffled" sound, but that could totally be down to the particular modules used. Then again, I've always thought Cherry Audio's sound quality is top-notch and disagree with people who say it's not.

So the upshot is, demo demo demo and decide what sounds good for yourself. :D
A well-behaved signature.

Return to “Instruments”