Waldorf Largo, PPG Wave 3.V and Waldorf Edition 2 are "NKS ready" now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo Nave PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

rod_zero wrote:I can get it if I don't have Komplete?

great price for Largo, I also liked NAve but the GUi isn't so good for PC use.

I got a blofeld recently and I love the sound, so would love to also to have largo as a backup.
No, you have to buy my licences. :hihi:

Ugh. I paid too much for crashware.

zerocrossing wrote:Is there a good reason to own Nave if you already have Largo?
Yes they seem quite different in terms of sound, also Largo is closer to the Blofeld and MicroQ whereas Nave is a modern revisioning (but not an emulation) of the Wave (ie NewWave). Nave can also import or make (additively) user samples.

If the license is on a USB eLicenser, it can be installed on as many machines as you want, as long as the USB-eLicenser is plugged into the machine you run the plugin from. With soft eLicenser, it can only be installed on the machine which "hoards" the soft eLicenser license.

masterhiggins wrote:
rod_zero wrote:I can get it if I don't have Komplete?

great price for Largo, I also liked NAve but the GUi isn't so good for PC use.

I got a blofeld recently and I love the sound, so would love to also to have largo as a backup.
No, you have to buy my licences. :hihi:

Ugh. I paid too much for crashware.
So, are you selling Largo or Nave below the 50% cut? :D
Yeah it was pretty expensive when it came out, now at 150 it's better. At 75 I don't think I can resist... either one :)

Edit: seriously, I already have a bunch of synths - Massive, FM8, Absynth, Alchemy, Sylenth, Spire - but I don't think Largo or Nave would overlap those, thoughts?

Separate question.

I think I saw this posted somewhere on KVR about Largo being 64-bit native, but this line on NI's page made me doubt my memory, can someone shed some light on it, please?

"Largo runs natively in 32 bit host software. It can be used in 64 bit hosts that come with a so-called ‘bit bridge’, such as Cubase 6 or Logic 9. Later versions of Largo will run natively in 64 bit hosts."

Plus some from XilsLab like Xils4

Mariosprt wrote:Separate question.

I think I saw this posted somewhere on KVR about Largo being 64-bit native, but this line on NI's page made me doubt my memory, can someone shed some light on it, please?

"Largo runs natively in 32 bit host software. It can be used in 64 bit hosts that come with a so-called ‘bit bridge’, such as Cubase 6 or Logic 9. Later versions of Largo will run natively in 64 bit hosts."
Largo is 64-bit for quite some time now. Not sure why NI didn't say it like so. They probably just copied an older press release or something...

I think it's an consequence of it still being in the Largo system requirements, they need to update that:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/requirements

aMUSEd wrote:I think it's an consequence of it still being in the Largo system requirements, they need to update that:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/requirements
Yeah, I was going to say that. It's still on Waldorf's website. They really should update that :)

Are these discounts only available from NI?
I don't want to pay tax damnit
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Mariosprt wrote: Edit: seriously, I already have a bunch of synths - Massive, FM8, Absynth, Alchemy, Sylenth, Spire - but I don't think Largo or Nave would overlap those, thoughts?
No, not at all. Not any of the ones mentioned. Nor even do they overlap each other that much, although they both are wavetable based.
Fernando (FMR)

I purchased this promo and NI provided me with a link to activate it through Waldorf, but NI's link sent me to the older version Waldorf Edition and therefore I activated an older version of Edition. I tried to activate Edition 2 after downloading with the key they gave, but it didn't work, as I expected. Also Edition 2 doesn't seem to load at all in Ableton Live so I tried to activate it with Bitwig. I have queries into both Native Instruments and Waldorf about this, but something is messed up.

I think i'll pass on this anyway. Owning Largo i don't feel much of an impulse to buy Nave, i demo'd it, and it was alright. Didn't like the GUI very much though, and Largo also sounds "fatter" to my ears (especially when engaging the bass boost, makes the walls shake...). Very good price for all those plugins though, and if i didn't own Largo yet, i'd sure buy it now.

I've never had a synth crash on me so quickly and repeatedly ............. Nave
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Anyone know if you can send Largo patches to the Blofeld?

Return to “Instruments”