VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LittleOne

Hi,

here's a sneak "drawing" preview for the new GUI :

bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

I can’t wait for the new version and it will be a day one upgrade purchase for me.

Still have a lot of love for this little synth. ♥️

Looking forward to the update!
A well-behaved signature.

In the next days I'll disclose all details about the 3 main improvement areas of LittleOne version 4.x.

How to preorder? :wink:

Hey,

No pre-order, it will be available from day one.

For existing customers - from the User Area - there will be a simple procedure to follow (just a button to click) in order to upgrade from version 3.x to version 4.x.

can you keep it backward compatible, so that old projects with V3 will open V4 instead ?

Yes it is natively backward compatible.

Anyway, for a possible missing compatibility scenario (the worst case, it should never happen), it is sufficient to :

- load your old project using LittleOne version 3.x
- for each instance of LittleOne version 3.x, manually save each of the "states" of the plugin (= simply press the SAVE preset button)
- close the Host, remove LittleOne version 3.x and install LittleOne version 4.x
- reload your project (now using LittleOne version 4.x) and if necessary, for each instance, load the corresponding presets you saved before

This will force into a 100% compatibility, if that is not achieved automatically.

Any chance of NKS support? .... or more specifically being able to save NKS presets in Komplete Kontrol? LittleOne (and ResonHeart) are still the ONLY VSTi's I own (and I have lots!) that will not allow the saving of a preset in Komplete Kontrol (the menu is 'grayed out').

Hi, unfortunately NKS support is not a priority at now.

LittleOne uses an internal format for presets and its metadata are not visible from the outside - but parameters are.

If NKS saves a plugin state according to the value of its parameters, then it should be easy to save a NKS preset for LittleOne. But - as you said - if that is not possible, then there's more "under the hood" of NKS not allowing this practice.

My position is the following :

NKS is not a de facto standard but just a NI controllers feature. For a small developer (and I can assure there are millions different things to do for a small dev, daily :)) at this point it's better to focus on the MIDI v2.0 standard (a real step forward) for example.

PS:
Anyway, today MIDI v1.0 is more than enough, since LittleOne controls are converted (and smoothed) internally from 7-bit up to 64-bit float which is WAYYY MOOOREEE than enough :)

Many thanks for the reply. The main reason I wanted to use NKS was to see if it was possible to control Cutoff and Res (for example) by mapping to 2 physical knobs on the controller as these are modelled as a single knob (and a switch) in the current plugin GUI..... if v4 gets rid of this one limitation (as it appears to do so in the rather blurry 'drawing') then that's superb) :D

Will it be Mac M1 native?

MikeCallon wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:48 pm Many thanks for the reply. The main reason I wanted to use NKS was to see if it was possible to control Cutoff and Res (for example) by mapping to 2 physical knobs on the controller as these are modelled as a single knob (and a switch) in the current plugin GUI..... if v4 gets rid of this one limitation (as it appears to do so in the rather blurry 'drawing') then that's superb) :D
You're welcome, yes LittleOne version 4.x will have all parameters visible on its GUI, so there's no problem.

Also with LittleOne version 3.x you can do that. For example, if you have a MIDI controller with :
hardware knob A = CC#74 (Cutoff)
and
hardware knob B = CC#71 (Resonance)

you can tweak them and the corresponding parameter will be affected.

Also, if the Cutoff "switch button" is "on focus" (on the GUI) and you directly turn the Resonance (hardware knob B), the resonance parameter will be affected and the GUI "switch button" will be automatically set to "Reso".

...I wish I had been clear in my explanation :)

simmo75 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:52 pm Will it be Mac M1 native?
Nope. I talked about this aspect on page 39 on this thread.

Is there a particular reason why neither Resonheart or LittleOne show up in my AU hosts even after putting the selected component files in the directory ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/?

Return to “Instruments”