Xhun Audio LittleOne : version 4.x Released

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRian

Topic Starter

863 posts since 17 Feb, 2010

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:20 am

Hi sacer,

I perfectly understand, I'm sorry for any temporary inconvenience this may have caused, but unfortunately it could happen that a major release is not 100% natively compatible with its previous version (when used in a previous DAW project).

In version 4.0, the GUI redesign process involved the underlying GUI logic to be deeply redesigned too, so parameters order has changed from ver 3.x. This is why I recommended to keep a copy of the presets used in a DAW project among the project files itself.

The most quick procedure is :
- open your previous project with LittleOne ver 3.x installed. For example, if you used 5 instances, simply save the 5 presets used.
- then install LittleOne version 4.0 and reload the saved presets for each of the 5 instances.
- when switching to ver 4.x, a plugin rescan / reload may be required too.

I know it could be annoying because you have many projects and I'm really sorry for the hassle but it's better to have a full solid plugin (which need a little bit of manual tuning for compatibility with previous versions) then something fully compatible with ver 3.x but potentially unstable.
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Facebook || Instagram

KVRian
835 posts since 8 Jan, 2012 from frankfurt, Germany

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:44 am

can you save the preset name in futur updates ? it would make a lot of these problems easier, if we would know which preset was used.
Also the Lead - filter self oscilation preset doesn't sound when saved on ableton - so i have to switch to an other preset, have to play it and finaly than the presets is sounding, but i cannot render it in ableton to audio, because it goes silent again.
When i load my ableton projekt, 3 of 4 littleone instances are starting playing some wired sequqnce instead of selected preset. When i switch the preset, save it on ableton again the wired presets returns and nothing has been saved. . believe me - it's very buggy - i can add a video to show it..

I have a lot of other synths from many companys and haven't find such an beahivour anywhere else - if you can't handle these problems, than raise the internal plugin version to 4, so that we can use version 3 and 4 parallel. there are a lot of bugs i had with 3.7 still the same.
The synth sounds realy nice but feels like an alpha or beta version

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:56 am

It's not a version 4.0 bug. When switching to ver 4.x in a previous project (using version 3.x), a plugin rescan / reload may be required in your project.

KVRian

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:17 am

KVRian

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:41 am

That means I can’t switch the preset and save the project on ableton - this follows to result shown in the video. Ableton can’t handle the preset change when saved and loaded again. I have this behaviour in no other plug-in, and I have more than 1000 plugins.
So I can only doublicate the track, remove the plug-in and open a new instance of littleone where I have to select the preset and tweak the preset and then I have to rebuild all my Automations in ableton, because they get lost, if you switch the plug-in. Therefor I have to remap the automation parameters than I can copy and paste the automations - a different vst - id would make it easier to work with v3 and V4 - but this is an enormous chaos and mess to move my projects to the new version 😵💫

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:42 am

Thank you for the video. As you can see the keys on the left sinde of the GUI are kept pressed down. This is due to the different parameters order in ver 4.x compared to ver 3.x.

After you saved your presets (let's call them "SAVEDPRESETS"), open your project, manually replace/reload each instance of LO ver 3.x with LO ver 4.x (in this way the Host is forced to use the new parameters order).

Be sure your MIDI track is corectly linked to the newly loaded LO ver4.x plugin/instance and then reload the "SAVEDPRESETS".

I know it requires a little time to complete, but the whole procedure doesn't take too long, for a single project. I perfectly undersand you have a LOT of projects, but you have not to do this in 1 day.

A recap : to avoid any DAW/project incompatibility, just consider LittleOne ver 4.x as a completely differnt synth than ver 3.x ; you simply have to replace all the ver 3.x tracks with ver 4.x. At the end of this process your tracks will sound identical (except for the DSP improvements in the oscillator) to the previous ones.
Last edited by xhunaudio on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:48 am

You're right, in your case it would be a long manual procedure, upgrading all you tracks at once.

Once things will be more calm here, I'll see if I can figure out something of help for your particular case (a lot of projects to upgrade). BUt that different behaviour is not a bug or malfunctioning due to alpha/beta stages. It is due to the *difference* between ver 3.x and ver 4.x. New projects made with ver 4.x don't have such issues at all.

But if you have to re-render a specific project today and a second tomorrow, and so on, it would not take too much time (one project at time).

KVRAF
2447 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:15 am

Trying the demo. It sounds really nice but IMO it's let down by interface and workflow. On my 27" 1920x1080p screen the small GUI (or rather the 40% of the GUI that actually contains the controls) is far too small, and the large GUI is bigger than my entire screen. It really could do with an intermediate size with an option to hide the keyboard which takes up roughly 40% of the GUI. There's no numerical feedback on the interface at all, and a single button to page through 7 different pages of options on a tiny LCD screen is too click intensive and unnecessary on a software synth.

KVRist
429 posts since 10 Jan, 2008

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:22 am

2x GUI size is quite huge indeed. Almost takes up the whole screen on a 4K display. ;)
Maybe there's something inbetween that pleases the eye most.

Numerical feedback on the LCD display is something I'd appreciate as well, even better in combination with a configurable display delay before going back to show where you've been before.

KVRian
1347 posts since 8 Jan, 2003 from Edinburgh

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:28 am

than raise the internal plugin version to 4, so that we can use version 3 and 4 parallel.
+1 to this.
John Braner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

KVRian

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:44 am

Well the problem is I cannot only switch the preset and save as new project.
The wrong preset settings keep staying after saving the ableton preset, so I have to insert a fresh new instance of the plug-in, which will finally be saved correctly- so it would help us if u increase the vst-Id to version 4 - in this case we could work with v3 and v4 parallel and can more easy update step by step.
But right now it’s absolut headache

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:27 am

Thank you for your feedback, working on that.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:27 pm

Please give me a few days to better figure out how to include this feature. This kind of modifications require *extreme attention*, like interacting with a house of cards.

In the mean time, LittleOne ver 4.0 works solid for new projects (= when is not required a ver 3.x compatibility with previously made DAW projects or you don't have too many projects to update).

KVRian
851 posts since 22 Feb, 2014

Post Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:20 am

xhunaudio wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:45 pm
Exactly, selected 3rd party Dealers/Resellers benefit from a *first week*, time-limited special offer. After that, the upgrade price will back to 29.00 USD.

Direct upgrade from Xhun Audio User Area generally requires less time and, for the first week, the new Four Aces Expansion is offered as a gift / homage.
Hi, Bruno. Congrats on the release!

Please consider offering the expansion gift to users who purchase from dealers/resellers during the first week it is available.

KVRAF
2130 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Post Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:46 am

xhunaudio wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:45 pm
Exactly, selected 3rd party Dealers/Resellers benefit from a *first week*, time-limited special offer. After that, the upgrade price will back to 29.00 USD.
Who are the selected 3rd party Dealers/Resellers?

AudioDeluxe doesn't have the special upgrade price. Neither do JRRShop, or EveryPlugin, or PluginDiscounts, or DontCrack, or Sweetwater. Those are the ones I know, and would be charged in USD from.

Buying it from the user area at Xhun-Audio.com only let's me choose EUR, and I prefer not to. 29 USD I could accept, even though there might be a 19.99 USD somewhere out there, but not 29 EUR, and especially not with the extra 1.20 EUR tax that is added.
Last edited by starflakeprj on Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Instruments”