Xhun Audio LittleOne : version 4.x Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LittleOne

@zeph :
The second entry in the list, here : https://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.ph ... expansions

@kylie :
All ver 3.x presets can be loaded fine in ver 4.x without issues. But since the 2 parameters found in the new rack unit CLK-MM01 (MODE / SWING), to be fully 4.x compliant it is sufficient to :

1- load a 3.x preset into LittleOne ver 4.x synthesizer - be sure the CLK-MM01 parameters are kept as MODE=Normal and SWING=0

2- save that preset - it will be automatically converted as a 4.x native preset

Daniel in particular has been informed of this. He can easily convert all the ver 3.x presets to ver 4.x using the two steps above or, since the .littleonepreset format is human readable, a simple multifile txt editing is possible.
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

can we just have a recap?
If I upgrade to ver 4, then load an old project that used Littleone ver 3 - are we saying that the sounds will be a little different? Or is it the automation that won't work anymore? or both?

I'm certainly not prepared to go find all songs that contained Littleone, to save out settings as temp presets, then upgrade, then reload the projects and reload the presets...

EDIT - In other words - what exactly will happen if I upgrade to ver 4 and then open up an older project that was using ver 3?
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

LittleOne version 4.x is a major upgrade. This means a 100% compatibility may not be assured with old projects.

So, I'll provide a special version of LittleOne ver 3.x (for old projects) to be ran among version 4.x.

If necessary, I'll provide an updated version of LittleOne ver 4.x with a different VSTID (all other metadata is already updated).

BTW, I really don't know if the good old VSTID is strictly *required* by DAWs / Hosts still today...

xhunaudio wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:01 am LittleOne version 4.x is a major upgrade. This means a 100% compatibility may not be assured with old projects.

So, I'll provide a special version of LittleOne ver 3.x (for old projects) to be ran among version 4.x.

If necessary, I'll provide an updated version of LittleOne ver 4.x with a different VSTID (all other metadata is already updated).

BTW, I really don't know if the good old VSTID is strictly *required* by DAWs / Hosts still today...
Thanks for that. I'll keep an eye on this forum to see how it goes ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

zeph wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:40 am I just purchased the upgrade from Xhun audio. Where are the bonus presets? I do not see them in the download or in the VST :? :? :?
It's the first single expansion on the list here, just below the "Whole" Bundle.

EDIT:
Oops, didn't reload the thread before posting. Bruno answered it all.

@Bruno: Thanks for letting Daniel know. Yes, you already said that a single Load'n'Save would do the Trick, but especially Daniel has quite a number of presets in his packs, and there is no reason to do the same work twice if he's on it already.

All I know for sure is that Daniel appreciated the ease of the presets "conversion" procedure (from a brief public conversation on Twitter).

But I don't know exactly if he started doing that or at which point he is. Anyway, if Daniel or anyone else need help about how to convert bunches of presets in a "single pass", I'll be happy to share some "tips" further.

zeph wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:40 am
xhunaudio wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:36 pm
mountainmaster wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:23 pm I have all the extension packs so technically I did not need to install it. So the only reason for keeping it is to make those mysteriously appeared links work.
In the Bonus Pack there are also a bunch of *exclusive* presets (not included in commercial Expansions), designed by Laurent Bergman and used in the audio demo : Vintage Survival

https://soundcloud.com/xhun-audio/vintage-survival
I just purchased the upgrade from Xhun audio. Where are the bonus presets? I do not see them in the download or in the VST :? :? :?
They are a separate link on the download page in your user area on the Xhun website.

teilo wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:53 pm They are a separate link on the download page in your user area on the Xhun website.
Hi teilo,

the Bonus Pack is not in the User Area. It is downloadable from the product page here :

https://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.ph ... expansions

xhunaudio wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:38 am
teilo wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:53 pm They are a separate link on the download page in your user area on the Xhun website.
Hi teilo,

the Bonus Pack is not in the User Area. It is downloadable from the product page here :

https://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.ph ... expansions

Sorry to continue with this topic. Are these "free" presets available to all Little One users? If so, I thought the users who purchased the upgrade from Xhun got exclusive free presets :? :? :?

zeph wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:22 am Sorry to continue with this topic. Are these "free" presets available to all Little One users? If so, I thought the users who purchased the upgrade from Xhun got exclusive free presets :? :? :?
That was the first thing that came to my mind when I read your origininal question - the new expansion Bruno told we would be getting for free while buying the upgrade in the XhunAudio shop. But then it seemed to me you were talking about the Free Bonus Pack that is available to every LO owner. Obviously I was wrong ;)

The Preset Pack that Bruno promised is named "Four Aces" and should be the last item in your UserArea download section (unless you bought the ResonHart Woodcraft Kit - in that case this is the last one). At least I found the pack immediately in my User Area when Bruno upgraded my LO version from 3.x to 4.x.

A quick recap :

Four Aces is a commercial Expansion (19.00 Euro full price). It is provided for free (for a limited time only) exclusively to Customers upgrading LittleOne. It is available for download from the User Area.

Instead, the Bonus Pack Expansion is provided for free to anyone and available for download from the LittleOne product page.

kylie wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:40 am
zeph wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:22 am Sorry to continue with this topic. Are these "free" presets available to all Little One users? If so, I thought the users who purchased the upgrade from Xhun got exclusive free presets :? :? :?
That was the first thing that came to my mind when I read your origininal question - the new expansion Bruno told we would be getting for free while buying the upgrade in the XhunAudio shop. But then it seemed to me you were talking about the Free Bonus Pack that is available to every LO owner. Obviously I was wrong ;)

The Preset Pack that Bruno promised is named "Four Aces" and should be the last item in your UserArea download section (unless you bought the ResonHart Woodcraft Kit - in that case this is the last one). At least I found the pack immediately in my User Area when Bruno upgraded my LO version from 3.x to 4.x.
Yes, I assumed the same thing you did, that he was talking about the "Four Aces" pack. Sorry for adding to the confusion.

xhunaudio wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:27 am A quick recap :

Four Aces is a commercial Expansion (19.00 Euro full price). It is provided for free (for a limited time only) exclusively to Customers upgrading LittleOne. It is available for download from the User Area.

Instead, the Bonus Pack Expansion is provided for free to anyone and available for download from the LittleOne product page.
Not sure you can say the Four Aces is free as we are being charged for it in the upgrade fee of 29 EUR. It is only free if you charge 29 EUR just for the upgrade and no Four Aces after the limited time has passed. Please clarify.

Obviously he was asking for both, but since they are located in different places, it's not that easy.
Hope it's all sorted now :)

zeph wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:42 pm Not sure you can say the Four Aces is free as we are being charged for it in the upgrade fee of 29 EUR. It is only free if you charge 29 EUR just for the upgrade and no Four Aces after the limited time has passed. Please clarify.
Four Aces is free of charge for everyone who will buy the upgrade to LO4 within the first week after release.
After that the usual fees apply. The Upgrade is still 29 EUR after that (if I'm not mistaken), but you'll have to pay for the Four Aces Pack, which is usually 19 EUR while not being on sale. Right now it is 9.90 EUR.

Return to “Instruments”