PG-8X (2.0) released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

Yep , I reported the algo bugs a couple of years ago :) ( which are only present in modern mode)
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

no i agree with gentle on this. its perfect as it is. leave it as it is. only bug fixes and so on.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Well no, Martin had plans for it, actually. So it won't be only bugfixes. As I said, MKS-70 features and supporting its sysex etc.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:17 pm features and supporting its sysex etc.
would "supporting its sysex" mean, that it might be able to act
as an editor/librarien for a jx8p (like dexed can for dx7) ?
that would be supercool! :-)

No I just meant loading sysex patch banks - the way it works currently. But perhaps even controlling the hardware, unsure if Martin had that in mind.

but it can already load sysex patches :?: :shrug:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:04 pm but it can already load sysex patches :?: :shrug:
It loads JX-8P sysex. They were talking about MKS-70 sysex.

kmvegas wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:09 am
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:04 pm but it can already load sysex patches :?: :shrug:
It loads JX-8P sysex. They were talking about MKS-70 sysex.
Right. my mistake

martin_l wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:03 pm
For a possibly MLS-70 update, we also would need some more feedback from people who own an MKS-70, as mine seems to have some issues with the filter, and is most likely not typical for the sound.

Maybe, in an community effort, we can still pull it off, and get the PG-8X ready for another lease.
Martin! So happy to read this. I just installed the Vecoven 3.x and other sound board updated ROMs in my MKS-70 this week.

I have both Mojave and Catalina mac computers. I'd be happy to bugtest with and against my MKS-70, as I love putting this synth through its paces. Hopefully this version will also allow the VSTi to act as a compatible sysex editor/controller for the MKS-70 hardware. With the VSTi's midi learn functions, It could make a nice bridge for "simple" MIDI CC to sysex control.

I'll subscribe to this thread, or you can PM me when the time comes. Cheers! :)

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:32 pm No I just meant loading sysex patch banks - the way it works currently. But perhaps even controlling the hardware, unsure if Martin had that in mind.
I sure hope so!

Both Dexed and PG-8X need a couple cosmetic changes and fixes, but they both seem close to being completely finished, some minor niggles here and there, but nothing too bad.

This is such a great development. This is so cool. Totally stoked here. The SST rocks. :tu:

Awesome@

So, PG-8X is already officially adopted by the Surge team?

waltercruz wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:57 pm So, PG-8X is already officially adopted by the Surge team?
I didn't get the impression it was official yet.
EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:40 pm There's no team assigned to work on PG-8X just yet, Martin is still weighing in options. But he is in close touch with Surge Synth Team :)

You can bet there will be both AU and Mac VST3 and Linux VST3 eventually, be it via through iPlug2 or JUCE.
바보

great news about the new lease of life and major thanks to martin for his excellent work.

tbh id pay good money for a version as is with just bugfixes but the more the merrier

what are the known remaining issues? the one i come a cropper with is the Portamento needing resetting each time a preset with it enabled is loaded. is there a plan to fix any known bugs before the grander plans of porting etc start?

Return to “Instruments”