Beta Preview: tcArpGen - algorithmic arpeggiator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is a video of an improv session with tcArpGen. One instance of tcArpGen feeding an instance of Kontakt with Waves Factory Harmonix and Impact Soundworks Lap Harp loaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4SgmurJL8I

This is an amazing beast, some compelling melodies coming out.
I've been using it in a test with HarmonyRotator on another track and having a such a great time I'm going to have to try Nova3 now!

we are absolutely spoiled :) so much potentiation in one straightforward, parametric interface. looking forward to spending quality time with it.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Tiny update here: tcArpGen_v01b.zip

- new preset: happy dancer
- display playback rate
- show error dialog for errors in Skin or Rules definition files

ToneCarver wrote:Slightly updated version here: tcArpGen_v01a.zip

- added increment step size control
- move semi-bounds strategy control closer to note-bounds strategy
- fixed reject/trim collision strategy display
- added first draft of user manual
Is file in first post the latest?

Musical Gym wrote:
ToneCarver wrote:Slightly updated version here: tcArpGen_v01a.zip

- added increment step size control
- move semi-bounds strategy control closer to note-bounds strategy
- fixed reject/trim collision strategy display
- added first draft of user manual
Is file in first post the latest?
Yes, first post is updated with latest version (0.1b)

thanks, I thought so but was confused by wording of other post saying the other one was updated version

really lazy person here. i thought i'd like to post again and discuss before actually installing. there is no such path in XP, appropriating the path to "my documents" was futile. so i have to make that exact path, i guess. say uh-huh real slow, i'll get it. will try again tomorrow, worn out now whew.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I just started playing with it and am impressed by all the functionality.

xoxos wrote:really lazy person here. i thought i'd like to post again and discuss before actually installing. there is no such path in XP, appropriating the path to "my documents" was futile. so i have to make that exact path, i guess. say uh-huh real slow, i'll get it. will try again tomorrow, worn out now whew.
Sorry about that. I *think* I have a fix to get the correct documents path for XP, but I am away from my development computer for a few days so it will be late this week before I could publish an update. I'll make it happen as soon as I can.

"my documents"
Perhaps it could check for the folder under the same path as the dll and if not found, use "my documents"?

i avoid any kind of coding that involves resources or anything nonlocal, silly me. i'd prefer local directory if you want to make it that way. ty for response and soz for laziness :)

What activates the area under Semi? It stays grayed-out so far.

If I add many notes I run out of visual space. The notes keep getting added on; do we need a scroll bar in that area?

Musical Gym wrote:What activates the area under Semi? It stays grayed-out so far.
The semitone strategy stays grayed-out until the rules contain at least one semitone action: $s+, $s-, $s!, $s*, or $s=value. The "semi-1" rules file has semitone actions. Loading that (via Rules > Load or drag-n-drop) should show the Semi strategy activated.
Musical Gym wrote:If I add many notes I run out of visual space. The notes keep getting added on; do we need a scroll bar in that area?
I'll keep that in mind for a future update.

Thanks much Bill.

I've been playing with some of your other plugins also: very inspiring and new to me.

Return to “Instruments”