SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player updated to v2.9.6

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
iPlogger
KVRian
685 posts since 27 Oct, 2011 from Pacific Northwest

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:51 pm

Captain wrote:Ah, that’s still there? I asked about this a few years ago, Rob himself was also here on the forums to check it out, and I think I traced the problem down to some LFO unibolar/bipolar setting...
Captain, thanks for the information. Very helpful. For now, my workaround has been to transpose my keyboard if I use one of those.

kv331
KVRAF
5436 posts since 14 Nov, 2006 from Ankara, Turkey

Re: SynthMaster v2.9 arrives

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:27 pm

iPlogger wrote: Captain, thanks for the information. Very helpful. For now, my workaround has been to transpose my keyboard if I use one of those.
I tried to fix some incorrect tunings in factory presets. Especially the sample ones by Xenox. Those fixes will be available in v2.9.6
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers

Enkerli
KVRist
79 posts since 31 Jan, 2017

Re: Bluffmunkey Patches Crashing SynthMaster v2.9?

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:33 am

kv331 wrote:
benmcc wrote:
Same thing happening here. Not sure what to do about it unless someone or Bulent has a download link to replace missing sample data?

It started once I installed 2.9 because I had to completely uninstall and delete all traces of Synthmaster 2.8 for the update to work. Obviously it seems that the 2.9 installation exe is missing a few samples here and there... :/
I am trying to reproduce the missing wavetables for Bluffmunkey. This is an OSX specific issue.

Will keep you guys posted. v2.9.6 is on the way tomorrow by the way.

EDIT: I can not reproduce the issue with Bluffmunkey wavetables. They're under /library/application support/kv331 audio/SynthMaster/resources/factorywaveforms/bluffmunkey. regarding the missing samples issue: some Bluffmunkey presets uses samples from one of Nori's expansions, so those warnings are normal.
Got

Code: Select all

Blufftable 1.wav
through

Blufftable 25.wav
in there. The Subway patch consistently crashes on my Mac (any DAW).

Three potential reasons for the missing waveforms problem, based on the error message:

One is that the error message shows backslashes instead of slashes, which might explain why it works on Windows and not on macOS.

A second is that the plugin expects “13.1” instead of “13”. Maybe it’s supposed to be the index in the wavefile, but it’s also a discrepancy. (The last missing waveform has no number, in the error message.)

A third, as Dasheesh said about the missing samples (which are expected to be missing, unbeknownst to the user!), it might be the .wav extension.
Dasheesh wrote:It knows what the sample is supposed to be, it simply can't DEFINE it. What ever that means. Could it be as simple as an extension was left off the naming? Or maybe it's something more involved like a pointer issue that will have to be rooted out of the code? Maybe after the oscillator rewrite the sample needs a new name to give it a root key?
Whatever it is, it prevents Mac users from playing with these patches.

Again, SynthMaster could be such an impressive synth if things like these were solved. Really hope SM3 will be fully polished. Quality control is often the key difference between an very good product and an awe-inspiring one. (At least, that’s what audio engineers used to tell me about their analog gear.)

kv331
KVRAF

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:52 am

Enkerli wrote:Got

Blufftable 1.wav
through

Blufftable 25.wav
in there. The Subway patch consistently crashes on my Mac (any DAW).

Three potential reasons for the missing waveforms problem, based on the error message:

One is that the error message shows backslashes instead of slashes, which might explain why it works on Windows and not on macOS.
The '/' '\' difference is not the reason why those wavetables fail on OSX. I tested on 2 different OSX machines, 32bit and64bit, but still can not reproduce the issue.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers

Enkerli
KVRist

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:48 pm

Permissions, maybe? Something in High Sierra? Or a brand new install without other packages?
Let us know if we can do something to troubleshoot. Really want @KV331 to give Xfer Records a run for its money. ;-)

Dasheesh
KVRAF
2642 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:47 pm

Enkerli wrote:Permissions, maybe? Something in High Sierra? Or a brand new install without other packages?
Let us know if we can do something to troubleshoot. Really want @KV331 to give Xfer Records a run for its money. ;-)
There’s a BatChmod for that.

Enkerli
KVRist

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:45 pm

Dasheesh wrote:
Enkerli wrote:Permissions, maybe? Something in High Sierra? Or a brand new install without other packages?
There’s a BatChmod for that.
:P
Funny you should mention this. Worked for Renaud Boisjoly, in the mid-1990s (when he was at Apple).

As for actually chmodding that folder, well, it sounds like it has the same permissions/owner as the other ones.

Enkerli
KVRist

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:17 pm

kv331 wrote:The '/' '\' difference is not the reason why those wavetables fail on OSX. I tested on 2 different OSX machines, 32bit and64bit, but still can not reproduce the issue.
Actually, there’s something really strange happening! Can see all the FactoryWaveforms in Terminal. In the Finder, though, Blufftable*.wav are visible but all the others are hidden!
False alarm. This one was probably because of Disk Utility. Rebooted and they’re all visible again.

So… checked my internal SSD using Disk Utility. Sounds like Apple took away the option to repair permissions. But maybe this issue has to do with APFS?

Otherwise, it’s interesting to note that several of the factory wavetables are available for use in an oscillator, but not all. For instance,

INVF Random 01.wav
is available, but not the others. In most cases, the first wavetable is accessible but not the rest. At the same time, Maybe it’s normal, but it’s somewhat unexpected.

Also, some of us have reported issues with adding our own content. Had weird issues with drag-and-dropping Ghosthack wavetables, for instance. And others have noted that they had to reinstall everything from scratch after trying to add some wave files. Maybe there’s a cue, there?

kv331
KVRAF

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:38 am

I know that this is a very frustrating issue for some MacOS users but I can NOT reproduce the issue on my end. I tested on 2 different MacOS machines, 32 bit and 64bit, but they work just fine. I also tested drag-n-drop import of Ghostshack wavetables, they do work fine as well.

On Gercek's laptop, we were able to reproduce the issue though. It's a MacBook Pro Retina Mid-2012 Intel Core i7 processor. Mine is Late 2014 Intel i5. We're both running MacOSX High Sierra
Works at KV331 Audio

Dasheesh
KVRAF
2642 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:23 am

I’m just going to throw this softball out there as a “just in case”. Everyone has their FileVault turned off right?

Right, just checking.

kv331
KVRAF

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:38 am

OK figured out the problem and fixed it!!!

if your MacOS system does not sort files by name in ascending order, some factory waveforms will not be read.

As a workaround for now, try deleting

/library/application support/kv331 audio/synthmaster/resources/factorywaveforms/waveformcache
/library/application support/kv331 audio/synthmaster/resources/factorywaveforms/wavetablecache

These two empty folders were the cuprit. When SM sees them, it stops searching for files under factorywaveforms folder. If your system lists files in ascending order no problem, but if it doesn't big problem!

I am releasing the 2.9.6 update tonight.

Cheers

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio

sqigls
KVRAF
3057 posts since 25 Dec, 2004 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:48 am

thank you!

i get concerned for the people who don't follow this forum though. can you add a delete function into the new installer by any chance?

kv331
KVRAF

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:49 am

sqigls wrote:i get concerned for the people who don't follow this forum though. can you add a delete function into the new installer by any chance?
Good point! I can add a "Rescan all content" menu for the oscillator waveform/wavetable dropdowns.
Works at KV331 Audio

sqigls
KVRAF
3057 posts since 25 Dec, 2004 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:51 am

love your work ;)

kv331
KVRAF

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:12 am

sqigls wrote:love your work ;)
Thank you :hug:
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”