kv331 wrote:We finally released SynthMaster v2.9.6 and also SynthMaster Player v2.9.6.
1. FIX: SynthMaster might crash when warning messages are generated after loading a preset
2. FIX: SynthMaster crashes when a wavetable with more than 256 waveforms is imported
3. FIX: When user drags and drops a modulation source from the modulation sources tab, SynthMaster might crash
4. FIX: When a preset is initialized, drag and drop of a modulation source from the modulation sources tab results in an empty modulation matrix entry
5. FIX: SynthMaster might crash when the mod matrix source filter is changed.
6. FIX: Modulation of amount parameter of LoFi effect causes zipper noise
7. FIX: Modulation of amount parameter of Distortion effect causes zipper noise
8. FIX: Modulation of amount parameter of Echo effect causes zipper noise
9. FIX: Modulation of amount parameter of Chorus effect causes zipper noise
10.FIX: When a new modulation matrix entry is created, SynthMaster incorrectly creates an additional entry
11.FIX: Modulation tab header requires two clicks to display modulation sources menu for a different category
12.FIX: When the oscillator algorithm is changed from sample playback to wavetable, the oscillator doesn't play the wavetable correctly
13.FIX: Some text labels are clipped when being displayed
14.FIX: SynthMaster fails to read some factory waveforms/wavetables when the operating system doesn't return files and folders in sorted order (MacOS High Sierra)
14.FIX: Edited factory presets
15.FIX: Edited factory skins
Had noticed several of these, especially those related to modulation or wavetables. Number 14, combined with number 1, produced the most glaring issue.
Still got issues with getting MIDI Learn to show up in the modulation matrix or to have an effect. But it sounds like some of the weirdness may have disappeared?
Wonder if there’s a way to “hack” a .smpr file so that it produces the right modulation.
(Trying to use CC#74 from a ROLI Lightpad Block to modulate the wave index. But the same or similar modulation issues happen with other plugin parameters and other controllers.)
Still, further troubleshooting should probably wait until after NAMM. SM1 for iOS can make a bit of a splash as some of us want more diverse MPE-enabled synths. Hope it can be AUv3, as it’s become a kind of requirement on that platform.