SynthMaster v2.9.7 Beta released with 50 new hardstyle presets by Fragment Audio

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
zzz00m
KVRian
1416 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:50 am

Niowiad wrote:
W23 wrote:How are you all dealing with your serial numbers that you need to download every update? I was about to download another revision for SM, and SM-1, and as soon as I click on the download link, I get a request for my serial number. Now, I gotta go find my vendor (pretty sure it's JrrShop), and copy and paste the original serial number supplied. I know it sounds like whining but. I'm kind of a "set and forget" sort of guy. You get used to supplying a serial number ONCE, and not worrying about it when it comes time for the next revision. I keep thinking there has to be an easier way. Maybe I'll just save them in a textedit document.
If you right click somewhere on the "empy spaces" of the the GUI, there's a way to "check for updates", and if they are available it should send you to the website via a personalized URL which gets you to the download page with the fields (email + serial number) already inserted
+1 ^^^
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...

Hanz Meyzer
KVRian
871 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Re: SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player updated to v2.9.6

Post Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:52 am

Not a showstopper, but SM1 requires the Renoise compatibility option "static buffer", or it will start to crackle heavily as soon as parameters are automated. Maybe it could be improved, so that compatibility mode is not required anymore?

Hanz Meyzer
KVRian
871 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Post Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Another bug in SM1 maybe: The reverb length and depth will completely change on offline vs. online render. If you want an example preset please let me know.

Nielzie
KVRAF
8986 posts since 28 May, 2005 from Netherlands

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:33 am

Oops, double post.
Last edited by Nielzie on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopeless enslaved as KVRians with GAS.

Nielzie
KVRAF

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:40 am

Nielzie wrote:
Jorgeelalto wrote:Hi guys,

I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem. I have tried several times to extract the ZIP file with the 2.9.6 installer but it gives a CRC error just at the end of the extraction. Tried unzipping with the Windows tool (just opening and copying) and with 7zip. Downloaded several times but it does not look like the download got corrupted in the process. What could be happening here?
Same problem here, annoying!

How can I get a proper install file? Tried already 4 times, still the zip file is corrupted (downloaded with firefox, extracted with 7-zip) :(

EDIT: Just downloaded with Microsoft Edge browser, and that file extracted and installed without any problem :D

So it seems to be an issue with Firefox..

Nielzie
KVRAF

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:41 am

Argggh wrong button again, triple post :hihi:

skank
KVRist
427 posts since 19 Mar, 2004

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:45 pm

I too am having the "missing waveforms" issue, I have the latest version, did I miss something? :(

Thanks
This isn't what you think.

Dasheesh
KVRAF
2814 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:51 pm

skank wrote:I too am having the "missing waveforms" issue, I have the latest version, did I miss something? :(

Thanks

The answer I got to this was that some of the preset designers somehow used Waveforms that were not legally allowed to be distributed (not sure how that works) so they were not included in the download. That's my understanding anyway.

skank
KVRist

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:09 pm

Dasheesh wrote: The answer I got to this was that some of the preset designers somehow used Waveforms that were not legally allowed to be distributed (not sure how that works) so they were not included in the download. That's my understanding anyway.
Aha, thanks.. So I guess we live with it then (i.e. there is no fix as such)?

Dasheesh
KVRAF
2814 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:18 pm

skank wrote:
Dasheesh wrote: The answer I got to this was that some of the preset designers somehow used Waveforms that were not legally allowed to be distributed (not sure how that works) so they were not included in the download. That's my understanding anyway.
If you are using the full version just throw one of the other 300 wave forms in the oscillator or make your own wave form and throw it in. It’s the same preset, it just might sound better. There are only a few presets that have this issue. If you are using the player my guess is you live with it.

skank
KVRist

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:18 pm

Dasheesh wrote:
skank wrote:
If you are using the full version just throw one of the other 300 wave forms in the oscillator or make your own wave form and throw it in. It’s the same preset, it just might sound better. There are only a few presets that have this issue. If you are using the player my guess is you live with it.
Thanks

arrowhead samples
KVRist
32 posts since 4 Aug, 2017

Post Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:27 am

AH finally I am back and ready to dig into this synth once more...

How far off from the wavetable editor are we?

Niowiad
KVRist
267 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Post Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:49 am

Isn't that supposed to be featured in SynthMaster3 only?
BTW I wonder how far off we are from SM3 as a matter of fact :hihi:
But it's also very important that he doesn't rush it, It's going to be huge :oops:

Elektronisch
KVRAF
2462 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Post Tue May 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Why no one is talking about this ? :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
23199 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Tue May 08, 2018 12:24 pm

That was unexpected :o 8)

Return to “Instruments”