Tangle: new modular FM synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:59 am I haven't followed this story but did you mean the Demo download link is dead or the link to the purchased version once you send payment ?

I just tried the demo link and it worked for Windows.
When you make a purchase you can't download the product. All he needs to do is either fix the link or pull the product. How hard can that be?

Bodhisan wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:15 am
No one has been denied a refund, so no one has been ripped off of their $27. Show the forum where that is not the case.
Why on earth would you defend his weasel practices?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:12 am
Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:59 am I haven't followed this story but did you mean the Demo download link is dead or the link to the purchased version once you send payment ?

When you make a purchase you can't download the product. All he needs to do is either fix the link or pull the product. How hard can that be?
That's not hard at all especially considering you can still download the demo. Smells like a scam to me but like I said I haven't followed the whole story.

I assume someone has tried contacting him at the address found on his site.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:21 am

That's not hard at all especially considering you can still download the demo. Smells like a scam to me but like I said I haven't followed the whole story.

Tried the 0.5.1 full version Tried the 0.1.5a version (thnx for correcting), from an old email, and that one is still working. Beta, but no demo.

Not defending, just stating a fact
Last edited by exmatproton on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

exmatproton wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:10 am

Tried the 0.5.1 full version, from an old email, and that one is still working. Beta, but no demo.

It's 0.1.5a isn't it?

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:17 am
exmatproton wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:10 am

Tried the 0.5.1 full version, from an old email, and that one is still working. Beta, but no demo.

It's 0.1.5a isn't it?
Ow wait......ahum... :dog:

Yes....(changed the version number in my post)
Last edited by exmatproton on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, I was hoping I was the one who was wrong and there was a later, more finished, version out there :(

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:28 am Yeah, I was hoping I was the one who was wrong and there was a later, more finished, version out there :(
Yeah, sorry, no. Was searching for a newer version as well. It seems 0.1.5a is the latest version

I'm also wondering if the 'a' means it's still an alpha actually - it's not feature complete that's for sure.

I just bought it the other day and was able to download it. Maybe something has changed?!

Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:14 am I just bought it the other day and was able to download it. Maybe something has changed?!
I'm not sure - tbh my Tangle full version download link still works in the email from when I bought it over 5 years ago. It's the links for The Mangle full versions that are broken - which is frustrating as there was an update that I appear to have missed and the links to it are all dead - maybe people are confusing the two?

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:44 am
No one has been denied a refund, so no one has been ripped off of their $27. Show the forum where that is not the case.
That is rhetoric. Where is your proof people are getting ripped off? You made a statement that you cannot back up - or that you haven't back up, yet, anyway.

Dirtgrain - I think I do get what you're saying, and I did say in my post yesterday he's pissed people off. But he hasn't ripped anyone off - at least no one has come forward saying they didn't get the product and didn't get a refund.

exmatproton wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:10 am Tried the 0.5.1 full version Tried the 0.1.5a version (thnx for correcting), from an old email, and that one is still working. Beta, but no demo.

Not sure what you're trying to say. All I know is.....

Tangle.png

I downloaded the file and ran it through Virus Total just for the heck of it but I won't install it so don't know what version number it is. My point is if he can provide a working link to the demo he could just as easily provide a working link to those who have paid. Again I have not followed the whole story just what has been said in the last couple of pages.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bodhisan wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:44 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:44 am
That is rhetoric. Where is your proof people are getting ripped off? You made a statement that you cannot back up - or that you haven't back up, yet, anyway.

Dirtgrain - I think I do get what you're saying, and I did say in my post yesterday he's pissed people off. But he hasn't ripped anyone off - at least no one has come forward saying they didn't get the product and didn't get a refund.
I worked closely with Tom from the very beginning. I was one of the early beta testers of The Mangle. I supplied him with 50 patches to ship with the product. Promises were then made to me to promote my library in exchange.

1. That promise was never kept, which makes him a liar.

2. Numerous attempts to contact him have been ignored.

3. Attempts to download the latest version of The Mangle have failed and, again, no response from the dev to resolve.

4. Numerous people have reported to me that they have purchased The Mangle and are unable to download and have actually asked me to send them my copy.

By the time The Tangle was released, I had already washed my hands of this person. So I don't care what the situation is with The Tangle. His history and reckless regard with his first product makes him everything I said he is and there is absolutely NO defense of this man. None.

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:56 pm
exmatproton wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:10 am Tried the 0.5.1 full version Tried the 0.1.5a version (thnx for correcting), from an old email, and that one is still working. Beta, but no demo.

Not sure what you're trying to say. All I know is.....

Tangle.png

I downloaded the file and ran it through Virus Total just for the heck of it but I won't install it so don't know what version number it is. My point is if he can provide a working link to the demo he could just as easily provide a working link to those who have paid. Again I have not followed the whole story just what has been said in the last couple of pages.
Sure. I agree. But the latest email i got, is the latest version. So, in theory, all buyers could download it from that email (if they still have it).

This is apart from the fact that the dev should give those an email/link/etc to the latest version.

Return to “Instruments”