Synthmaster 2.8.3 (64bit) not working in Studio One 2 Pro

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
jotttaway
KVRer
3 posts since 26 Dec, 2015

Post Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi

About a week ago I loaded the latest version of Synthmaster (2.8.3) 64 bit ( Windows 8 ) but since that time it has not appeared in my DAW, Studio One Pro 2. I have gone through the validation process and I have rescanned my VSTs but it still does not appear in Studio One. I have re-emailed the Help Desk after getting initial advice to use 2.8.3 (which was what I had already loaded) but no further response to date.

I even tried reloading the latest 2.7 version but it no longer works either.

Can anyone at KVR or other kind soul assist as most of my current projects have Synthmaster as part of them?

Thanks... Jim

DrumAddict
KVRist
410 posts since 3 Jun, 2012

Re: Synthmaster 2.8.3 (64bit) not working in Studio One 2 Pro

Post Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:19 pm

it does not work for me either on Win 10 64 bit and Studio One 3 Pro , gets blacklisted all the time

Chemik
KVRist
202 posts since 18 Mar, 2003 from Jacksonville, FL

Post Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:56 pm

Not saying this will work as I don't know exactly what happened but I have had no issues with Synthmaster's new version in my S1v3. Have you tried this?

Go to your C:\ folder. Then go to Users. Choose the folder under that that is your folder for your user. Maybe it is your name.

Go into that and go to AppData (if it is hidden, go into View and check the box for Hidden Items). Next choose Roaming. Under that choose the PreSonus folder and then the folder for StudioOne 2. Now choose the x64 folder. Open the Vstplugins file in notepad. Do a search for "Synthmaster". If you find it, delete the section it is in starting with <Section... and ending with .../Section>. Chose File, Save. Now try your boot up again and see if it re-scans it.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
ANNOUNCING NEW RELEASE! Trick in the Hat - Oh I Tried
Pet Shop Boys/New Wave inspired album for FREE!
Trick in the Hat at bandcamp

DrumAddict
KVRist

Post Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:27 pm

thank you @Chemik , this did the trick , working now

jotttaway
KVRer

Post Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:39 pm

Hi @Chemik

Thank you so much for this advice. Studio One 2 has re-scanned and all appears OK. I will test in more detail later. I appreciate your quick response. I am not sure why someone at KVR did not suggest this simple solution to me when I first emailed. Best wishes... Jim

Chemik
KVRist

Post Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:32 am

jotttaway wrote:Hi @Chemik

Thank you so much for this advice. Studio One 2 has re-scanned and all appears OK. I will test in more detail later. I appreciate your quick response. I am not sure why someone at KVR did not suggest this simple solution to me when I first emailed. Best wishes... Jim
I have never seen on any S1 message board or any help files someone suggest this. I found it out by just continuing to dig one day and noticing a non seen plug still showing in that file so I deleted the section out and voila. Hopefully this answer starts to show in Google or site searches.

So happy it worked for you. :party:

jotttaway
KVRer

Post Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:29 am

Thanks again @Chemik. BTW I meant KV331 above not KVR... when referring to the fact that they did not suggest a suitable solution.

kv331
KVRAF
5444 posts since 14 Nov, 2006 from Ankara, Turkey

Post Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:04 am

jotttaway wrote:Thanks again @Chemik. BTW I meant KV331 above not KVR... when referring to the fact that they did not suggest a suitable solution.
Our solution/recommendation is always the same:

1. Install the vst files to the correct location where your DAW app scans for vst 2.x plugins
2. rescan vst plugins in your DAW, and reset "blacklist" if necessary.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers

DrumAddict
KVRist

Post Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:55 pm

for sure it was setup in the correct location and also was set serveral times to reset the blacklist within Studio One v3 , but it didnt worked for Synthmaster 2.8.3 64 bit on Windows 10 64 bit , the only thing that worked this time was the suggestion by User Chemik .

kv331
KVRAF
5444 posts since 14 Nov, 2006 from Ankara, Turkey

Post Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:36 am

DrumAddict wrote:for sure it was setup in the correct location and also was set serveral times to reset the blacklist within Studio One v3 , but it didnt worked for Synthmaster 2.8.3 64 bit on Windows 10 64 bit , the only thing that worked this time was the suggestion by User Chemik .
So obviously this is a S1 issue regarding not resetting blacklist...
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers

Chemik
KVRist

Post Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:08 pm

kv331 wrote:
DrumAddict wrote:for sure it was setup in the correct location and also was set serveral times to reset the blacklist within Studio One v3 , but it didnt worked for Synthmaster 2.8.3 64 bit on Windows 10 64 bit , the only thing that worked this time was the suggestion by User Chemik .
So obviously this is a S1 issue regarding not resetting blacklist...
Well yes and no. Yes the problem resides with S1. No, it is not the blacklist file. Sometimes when plugins don't load correctly, they don't show in the blacklist file. Instead, for whatever reason, they show in the file of approved vsts but yet S1 won't show them. Once you get them out of that approved list, S1 knows to scan them again and then it works. 4 times so far for me with different synths each time.

progtronic
KVRian
520 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:58 pm

Chemik wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:56 pm
...Go to your C:\ folder. Then go to Users. Choose the folder under that that is your folder for your user. Maybe it is your name.

Go into that and go to AppData (if it is hidden, go into View and check the box for Hidden Items). Next choose Roaming. Under that choose the PreSonus folder and then the folder for StudioOne 2. Now choose the x64 folder. Open the Vstplugins file in notepad. Do a search for "Synthmaster". If you find it, delete the section it is in starting with <Section... and ending with .../Section>. Chose File, Save. Now try your boot up again and see if it re-scans it.
Just wanted to bump this old thread (years later).. because I was googling around, looking for help with the exact same issue.. only with KV331 Audio's newer "SynthMaster One", the latest Studio One (ver.4) and Windows 10.

The file that held all the relevant info (in my case) was "Plugins-en.settings". deleted the "SynthmasterOne.dll" section.. and all is working now.

What's really weird is that "SynthMaster One FX" (as an effect) was showing up and working fine in Studio One.. just the actual instrument wasn't showing up in the instrument tab. No matter how many times I reset the blacklist.. and/or deleted the vst folder paths.

So, I don't believe this is strictly a Studio One issue. I think something funky is going on with SynthMaster One as well.

Anyway.. I hope this helps anyone else who may run into this same issue, with any of KV331 Audio's products in Studio One in the future.

Also thinking this same trick might work for any other plugins that may be having similar issues in Studio One.

8)

Return to “Instruments”