Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

msvs wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:06 am I give up talking and talking and talking to some guys here. I kept up for almost 750 pages, not bad :lol: . So for technical questions, hypothetical philosophies and bugs, please write the regular support like in a normal use-case scenario. Please feel free to quote this on every page. I will only post news and updates here. Who wants to communicate directly with me can visit our FB group, (if you don't use FB, then you cant - just to pre-answer the obvious). Next post of me will be Cinematic 3. And now all is left to say: "Happy Xmas to all!" from Germany :) :party:
Schade daß es dieses asoziale Pack nun auch geschafft hat Dich von hier zu vertreiben.
Aber ich kann Dich teilweise verstehen: da geht man her, entwickelt etwas sehr Tolles. Dann kommen die Cracker und veröffentlichen mal eben alles Geschaffene und statt afzugeben denkt man an eine Kompromisslösung. Diese wird aber nun nicht nur auf technischer Ebene angegriffen, was ja verständlich wär, sondern es artet in persönlichen Beleidigungen aus.

Ich wünsche Dir,Rene und Deiner netten Kollegin trotzdem eine schöne Weihnachtszeit!

Leider werden wir uns wohl nicht mehr unterhalten können, da ich nicht zu FB zurückkehren möchte.
Dann bin ich hier auch weg.
The Sarge!

translation for those who don´t understand german:
Too bad that this asocial pack has now managed to drive you away from here.
But I can understand you partly: you go there, develop something very great. Then the crackers come and publish everything they have created and instead of giving up they think of a compromise solution. But this is not only attacked on a technical level, which would be understandable, but it degenerates into personal insults.

I wish you, Rene and your nice colleague nevertheless a nice Christmas time!

Unfortunately we won't be able to talk anymore, because I don't want to return to FB.
So I´m outa here, too.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

noiseboyuk wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:32 am Well it seems to me there are two basic questions to which I don't think Manuel has given clear answers, so as is his wish I've asked support the following:

1. How does the need to check in to Codemeter servers every three months work? Is this an automatic background process that always works? Every time I start the computer, is it resetting that 3 month clock? Does it check itself every 3 months? Or do I manually get a prompt to go through a procedure?

2. Is it possible to have a completely offline process of authorisation? If this is usuing a codemeter dongle, what specific version should I buy, where can I buy it and how much does it cost (with shipping in my case to the UK?)

I'll post the reply here.
These are exactly the only really important questions for me to know :tu:

msvs wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:06 amI give up talking and talking and talking to some guys here.
I'm serious here. I always thought, it's really honorable that you take your time. But as a professional (I am also in some business) it is also important, not to comment on anything, things where you, as a pro, exactly know it leads to nothing, where you see the outcome. Where you can guess the opposite happens, because face-saving things on both sides.

noiseboyuk wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:32 am 2. Is it possible to have a completely offline process of authorisation? If this is usuing a codemeter dongle, what specific version should I buy, where can I buy it and how much does it cost (with shipping in my case to the UK?)
I received a reply from Rene today;
The CmStick needs to be version 3 or later.
No special configuration of the CmStick is required by Vengeance before using it for the Avenger licence.

You can get a CmStick/B from MAAT - https://www.maat.digital/dongle/ the UK price is ~£54 including VAT and shipping. The price is competitive, and you also get a $30 voucher for MAAT software, if that appeals to you.

I spoke to WIBU sales about buying one directly, and while they don't normally ship in quantities of less than 10, for a single dongle it would be a couple £s more than MAAT.

Caveats;
per MSVS earlier response - only 1 activation license if you use a dongle, as opposed to 3 if you use software/PC based CmContainer.

If you have Reason (I do) with an older version CmStick (I do), I don't know if it's possible, to move the Reason license to the new dongle. I assume that you can, but I've no idea how.

Well, other than in the old vengeance forum where people only said "great" and "praise Manuel" they were now exposed to a real forum first time with a product that got attention. You either can handle this or not. And yes, besides repeating simple stuff all over again and again, it's not like Avenger/vengeance didn't mess up things over and over again that f**** up people and where they needed to talk about. But the lack of communication of useful and important information from their team was known and experienced here - that's exactly why there were many discussions. Anyways back to a facebook group where they can act again like in the old forum. praise msvs :lol:

neverbeeninariot wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:47 pm
noiseboyuk wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:32 am 2. Is it possible to have a completely offline process of authorisation? If this is usuing a codemeter dongle, what specific version should I buy, where can I buy it and how much does it cost (with shipping in my case to the UK?)
I received a reply from Rene today;
The CmStick needs to be version 3 or later.
No special configuration of the CmStick is required by Vengeance before using it for the Avenger licence.

You can get a CmStick/B from MAAT - https://www.maat.digital/dongle/ the UK price is ~£54 including VAT and shipping. The price is competitive, and you also get a $30 voucher for MAAT software, if that appeals to you.

I spoke to WIBU sales about buying one directly, and while they don't normally ship in quantities of less than 10, for a single dongle it would be a couple £s more than MAAT.

Caveats;
per MSVS earlier response - only 1 activation license if you use a dongle, as opposed to 3 if you use software/PC based CmContainer.

If you have Reason (I do) with an older version CmStick (I do), I don't know if it's possible, to move the Reason license to the new dongle. I assume that you can, but I've no idea how.
with a dongle of CM do you still need to run the software in windows and tray?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Neverbeeninariot got a more complete answer than I did regarding the dongle situation. Rene added something important though for those who are working offline - I asked if this was possible without a dongle:
yes, it can be done with the file-based activation. It requires 3-4 steps. We will release a video soon that shows the process.
For clarification on how the 3 months authorisation period works, Manuel wrote:
it will be in the VMAN (license manager within Avenger), which will be there again in an update soon. There its either 1 click or completely automated
Rene added:
We will provide a VMAN standalone version that will do this for you.
So I'm honestly none the wiser at this point, it seems its not really figured out yet. If it automatically resets the clock whenever you launch Avenger when connected to the internet, that would be the best solution out of these imo, and somewhere where you can see how much time is left before you need to do this.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

haumede wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:06 pm Can anyone tell me if it is possible to import midi into arp section?
Still wondering this as well.

DocSnyder wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:52 pm Well, other than in the old vengeance forum where people only said "great" and "praise Manuel" they were now exposed to a real forum first time with a product that got attention. You either can handle this or not. And yes, besides repeating simple stuff all over again and again, it's not like Avenger/vengeance didn't mess up things over and over again that f**** up people and where they needed to talk about. But the lack of communication of useful and important information from their team was known and experienced here - that's exactly why there were many discussions. Anyways back to a facebook group where they can act again like in the old forum. praise msvs :lol:
Yikes... yeah, "echo chamber" forums are never a good move for companies, IMHO. It's a shame Manuel wasn't able to react to the criticism and questions here in a more constructive manner instead of bailing.

IMHO, VPS botched this launch and left it up to the users to ask questions which should have already had planned public answers and listed in their FAQ. Everything in this thread suggests they had no plan for offline authorizations on physical CodeMeter dongles. Leaving that up to the users to figure out was reckless and unprofessional, IMHO. And the concerns for unplanned 90-day re-authorizations is a real thing.

Hopefully a learning moment for Manuel and Rene? :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

This derailing is mainly caused by the lack of proper communication management by the developers and the constant delegating of responsibility.

So let's now talk about the usage of Avenger, since questions about Codemeter won't be answered anymore. Surely it is hard to keep track of the recent info in a single 730 page thread, which is neither the fault of the users.

Cinematic 3

when?

maybe this is okay for manuel to reply to :hihi:

(love cinematic 2)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

I'm still on v1.4.10 and I only had the codemeter version in my account last time I checked - is there a newer non-codemeter version and is it available somewhere? Not a prob if not, just asking.
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

metaside wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:48 pm I'm still on v1.4.10 and I only had the codemeter version in my account last time I checked - is there a newer non-codemeter version and is it available somewhere? Not a prob if not, just asking.
I think you have to contact Rene at VPS support to get this handled.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

They should have given away a fee cut down version of Avenger instead, that way they would have diluted the need for people to go look for dodgy versions which they probably won't use, and have people upgrade from that, even submitting a cut down version as magazine ware as U-HE has done with Zebra. If people wanted more features then they would buy it for a reasonable cost.

What the creators of VPS Avenger are doing now, is damaging potential future sales, their image and the prospect of people recommending their product with a poorly thought out and considered protection system. I was once interested in picking up VPS Avenger, even though I kinda thought it was like a bloated behemoth. The idea of even being locked out in using a VST instrument that you may rely on, is really just unacceptable, and to even require a dongle is just wrong imop. None of my VST Instruments / FX plugin's require any such dongle.

The exception is Propellerheads Reason, but there are like 3 options including being able to register it offline to the computer ID itself negating the need for the dongle and being online. Fortunately I've never lost my dongle for Reason on my flights and trips over the years but still, it would have been a headache if I did. I use Reason once in a blue moon now since I switched to Studio One, but I can tell you that, I'd rather have a serial code activation scheme over any dongle given the choice. I can just imagine the international DJ's like Carl Cox et all having a fit on stage if one of their VST instruments stopped working mid stream during a gig, because it wanted to phone home.. lol
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

haumede wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:06 pm Can anyone tell me if it is possible to import midi into arp section?
NO.

Return to “Instruments”