Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.5.0 update!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
jbraner
KVRian
1023 posts since 8 Jan, 2003

Post Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:48 pm

mgw38 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:02 pm
SouledOut wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:46 am
cleverr1 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:21 am

This is pants. It's too easy to get into a mess with codemeter. An end user shouldn't need to know or care how it works.

Has zakufan has identified a scenario where if a disk breaks it's not possible to reactivate on a new disk?
Log into Avenger account, press "manage activations" and then "restore licenses". Didn't try this really, but my guess is this should let the user withdraw the licenses that were assigned to the broken hdd.
You can only rehost licenses and not restore them. Rehosting requires that you have access to the code meter container that currently stores the licenses. If that container is fried due to broken hdd or otherwise, you cannot rehost them.
Hopefully after the 90 days you can?

thejonsolo
KVRAF
2415 posts since 13 Apr, 2008 from Charleston, SC

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.5.0 update!

Post Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:28 pm

Was Guitar Factory a free expansion or just an added feature within the program?

commodore
KVRist
461 posts since 19 Feb, 2013

Post Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:01 pm

thejonsolo wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:28 pm
Was Guitar Factory a free expansion or just an added feature within the program?
It is built in to the Factory content under the multiloops section, I believe. Lots of Distorted, Nylon, Steel, and Electric guitar presets under it.

mitchiemasha
KVRist
371 posts since 15 Aug, 2011 from teesside

Post Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:01 pm

Can anybody direct me to where Avenger stores it's content? I'm finally getting round to upgrading and want to delete all the old expansion files as to not have them twice. Running NVMe so space is limited for me. Thank you.
MSI z390, i7 9700k, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 16GB 3000C15, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 10, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED), Yamaha CS2x (Custom Mapped).

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
2941 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Post Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:39 pm

mitchiemasha wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:01 pm
Can anybody direct me to where Avenger stores it's content? I'm finally getting round to upgrading and want to delete all the old expansion files as to not have them twice. Running NVMe so space is limited for me. Thank you.
It is wherever you set it. If you can't remember, then look in the SYS tab, and then Content.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2019 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 10.5
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

mitchiemasha
KVRist

Post Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:56 pm

noiseboyuk wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:39 pm
It is wherever you set it. If you can't remember, then look in the SYS tab, and then Content.
Oh dear, I've already uninstalled the old Avenger.
MSI z390, i7 9700k, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 16GB 3000C15, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 10, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED), Yamaha CS2x (Custom Mapped).

Stefken
KVRAF
1838 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Post Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:22 pm

Just let your computer search for *.avxp files.

mitchiemasha
KVRist

Post Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:38 am

I managed to find the folder. All good, update went smoothly. Not 1 issue with code meter or adding expansions.

D.K Envelope
KVRist
162 posts since 28 Oct, 2018

Post Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:00 am

hi there i have a question
how can i extract the expansion file so i see all the categorys, i just the one file the avxp2
is there a way to extract them ?

i ask because in the expansion edm 3 there is one presets that dont working
the "Ba Cobra" presets so i want to delete them but i cant maybe is protected

thanks in advance

tapiodmitriyevich
KVRist
373 posts since 15 Jan, 2017 from 127.0.0.1

Post Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:02 am

tristan- wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:38 pm
I don't understand why calling a synth Avenger. What are we, little kids? I understand you're Vengeance sound for many years (probably since Van-Damme was an action movie hero) but it's time to get serious about things. :ud:
I was thinking they should try to get rid of their EDM/Supersaw/kiddie image, but maybe EDM is their history. I am coming from a totally different perspective and what I see is an adult instrument which can serve everyone. I don't like the "press one button, instruments plays a symphony then" approach also...

But would it help? Then it would be in competition more other beasts like Zebra, which IMO do not have some specific genre image.

An adult UI would be nice with less fake knobs and less wasted space (left side, omg).

SouledOut
KVRist
42 posts since 9 Oct, 2004

Post Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:17 am

mgw38 wrote:
SouledOut wrote:
Log into Avenger account, press "manage activations" and then "restore licenses". Didn't try this really, but my guess is this should let the user withdraw the licenses that were assigned to the broken hdd.
You can only rehost licenses and not restore them. Rehosting requires that you have access to the code meter container that currently stores the licenses. If that container is fried due to broken hdd or otherwise, you cannot rehost them.
Get acquainted with the actual Avenger cp system. Rehosting is one thing and restoring is another. Clicking "restore licenses" brings you to all your "codemeter containers" and you can deactivate any of them. A system warning pops that you should only do that if you are sure you will not use this container anymore.
Avenger.jpg

Only one thing raises my question there: what if I replace my hard drive, kill the container, and only
then change my mind and put the old HD back into my computer. Or, say, I lose the dongle, will consider it lost for good, and then I find it. I have my doubts if Codemeter will install into this HD/dongle again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

starflakeprj
KVRian
1239 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Post Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:41 pm

D.K Envelope wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:00 am
hi there i have a question
how can i extract the expansion file so i see all the categorys, i just the one file the avxp2
is there a way to extract them ?

i ask because in the expansion edm 3 there is one presets that dont working
the "Ba Cobra" presets so i want to delete them but i cant maybe is protected

thanks in advance
Don't think there is a way to extract the expansion file. If that would be possible everyone would be able to copy all patches. Anyway, "BA Cobra" works fine on my computer, what happens when you try to load the preset on your's?
Intel Core i7-4930K@4.1GHz | 64GB DDR3 | Windows 10 Pro | Arturia AudioFuse | Arturia KeyLab mkII | Arturia SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM | Studio One 4.6 | Reason 10.4 | Bitwig Studio 3.1 | Reaper 5.978 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 20.6 | ~1000 VSTs | ~300+ REs

klovne
KVRer
12 posts since 13 May, 2015

Post Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:18 pm

Using the drums part with midi being triggered from daw (instead of the inbuilt drum sequencer) and each drum sound being routed into a separate audio track via multi out is completely unusable and broken.

Tested it in 3 different daws (ableton, bitwig, studio one) and the results are same - clicks and pops and some kind of feedback? as if two different midi notes being triggered are also triggering each other

Such a bummer...

Blaster
KVRist
443 posts since 22 Apr, 2004 from Ireland

Post Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:41 pm

klovne wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:18 pm
Using the drums part with midi being triggered from daw (instead of the inbuilt drum sequencer) and each drum sound being routed into a separate audio track via multi out is completely unusable and broken.

Tested it in 3 different daws (ableton, bitwig, studio one) and the results are same - clicks and pops and some kind of feedback? as if two different midi notes being triggered are also triggering each other

Such a bummer...
Did you contact support?

laz
KVRist
32 posts since 3 Apr, 2004

Post Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:52 am

SouledOut wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:17 am
mgw38 wrote:
SouledOut wrote:
Get acquainted with the actual Avenger cp system. Rehosting is one thing and restoring is another. Clicking "restore licenses" brings you to all your "codemeter containers" and you can deactivate any of them. A system warning pops that you should only do that if you are sure you will not use this container anymore.
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">Avenger.jpg</span>

Only one thing raises my question there: what if I replace my hard drive, kill the container, and only
then change my mind and put the old HD back into my computer. Or, say, I lose the dongle, will consider it lost for good, and then I find it. I have my doubts if Codemeter will install into this HD/dongle again.
Can you please explain in plain english what REHOST and RESTORE does? I don't get it.

Return to “Instruments”