Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Gosh wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:49 am
msvs wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:32 pm very soon there will be the new "V-Man" manager, then it will be much simpler (automatic / 1 click)
meanwhile just do this:

You can renew the time-period by deactivating and reactivating your license on the computer using the

- “Manage Activations” button in your account.
- Click the button "Re-Host License" to de-activate the license
- Then click the Button "Activate Licenses" to activate the license again

This will reset the time-period
what i find annoying is that Manuel makes it sound like it is a very easy (in that case 2-click) process which it is definitely not. after you click the button "re-host license" you have to generate various file types with the codemeter software before you can activate your licenses again which itself is again a process requiring you to generate three different files. so, no it does not take one minute but more like five minutes to re-activate your license. in general, this is a very tedious and definitely not a user-friendly process and i can only hope that with the new v-man things will get less complicated. :pray:
If that is what you are doing, then you are doing it wrong or something is wrong with your setup. I re-hosted without having to generate a single file. Took all of 30 seconds,

courtjestr wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:38 am
msvs wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:32 pm very soon there will be the new "V-Man" manager, then it will be much simpler (automatic / 1 click)
meanwhile just do this:

You can renew the time-period by deactivating and reactivating your license on the computer using the

what i find annoying is that Manuel makes it sound like it is a very easy (in that case 2-click) process which it is definitely not. after you click the button "re-host license" you have to generate various file types with the codemeter software before you can activate your licenses again which itself is again a process requiring you to generate three different files. so, no it does not take one minute but more like five minutes to re-activate your license. in general, this is a very tedious and definitely not a user-friendly process and i can only hope that with the new v-man things will get less complicated. :pray:
If that is what you are doing, then you are doing it wrong or something is wrong with your setup. I re-hosted without having to generate a single file. Took all of 30 seconds,
if it worked that way for you, fine. i strictly followed the procedure given by the codemeter software and i'm sure that nothing is wrong with my setup. anyway, even if it was a rather complicated process for me, in the end everything worked out and i was able to re-activate my license

Gosh wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:26 am
courtjestr wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:38 am
meanwhile just do this:

if it worked that way for you, fine. i strictly followed the procedure given by the codemeter software and i'm sure that nothing is wrong with my setup. anyway, even if it was a rather complicated process for me, in the end everything worked out and i was able to re-activate my license
I strictly followed the instructions given by Manuel. Logged into my Avenger account, clicked on manage activations, clicked on Re-Host Licenses, clicked on Deactivate Selected Licenses Now, Clicked on Activate Licenses Now, Clicked on I want my licenses on one computer, Clicked on Activate Selected Licenses Now, Clicked on OK...done. So it is a few more than two clicks, but no where did I need to do more than click. I never generated a single file.

I also have succeed in reactivating licenses with the steps mentioned in the previous post.
It took ~1-2 minutes.
I'm rather curious to know what happens, when "the deadline" is over, because in this case i had 8 days to renew the licence.

I can well apprecite the frustration for those reading a 782 page thread where folks are still banging on about the CP, but we are in an oddly unique case here. Its some kind of weird hybrid between a permanent license and a subscription, and perhaps that's one of the reasons why it is still being so over-discussed. Can anyone cite an example of another product of any kind on the planet where you own something permanently yet have to manually update a license at regular intervals to keep it working? There must be one, but I can't think of it.

No-one has been able to explain to me why it isn't possible for the plugin to simply auto-renew every time it is launched - check for an internet connection and if its there just do it. Most people would forget its even a thing if they did that.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Hi Manuel. loving the Atmospherica expansion, great work! And lots of good macro stuff with each preset.

I know you can copy/paste oscillators, Would you consider actually saving oscs as files so we can mix and match that way as well?
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:05 am No-one has been able to explain to me why it isn't possible for the plugin to simply auto-renew every time it is launched - check for an internet connection and if its there just do it. Most people would forget its even a thing if they did that.
I don't have all studio computers on the internet and those which are, have outgoing firewalls running. Dongles were until now the method to run software without any hassle. Now we should do additional poodle hops, just because Vengeance confuses music production with gaming or alike.
That is all a big mistake and should be prevented to be successful.

dreamvoid wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:57 pm
noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:05 am No-one has been able to explain to me why it isn't possible for the plugin to simply auto-renew every time it is launched - check for an internet connection and if its there just do it. Most people would forget its even a thing if they did that.
I don't have all studio computers on the internet and those which are, have outgoing firewalls running. Dongles were until now the method to run software without any hassle. Now we should do additional poodle hops, just because Vengeance confuses music production with gaming or alike.
That is all a big mistake and should be prevented to be successful.
Yes, I realise it doesn't help those working offline. I'd be very surprised if offline workers in total weren't a relatively small minority though, hence my use of the "most" word.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I agree the hobbyists usually have online connection and don't care at all. Other than pro studio, schools or live musicians, but they're obviously not the targeted audience. Still imo a total lack of brain capacity to require reactivation of a dongle protected license...

Sam-U wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:09 pm I agree the hobbyists usually have online connection and don't care at all. Other than pro studio, schools or live musicians, but they're obviously not the targeted audience. Still imo a total lack of brain capacity to require reactivation of a dongle protected license...
FWIW - I'm a pro, been in the business for 30 years. Everyone - and even most studios I work in - are connected online. I can't begin to imagine not doing so, my productivity would plummet - I spend all day uploading and downloading to clients, video conferences with the DAW etc.

But let's not go there again. Point is - most people today work online.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

What you’re failing to recognize (understandably, because it’s so bizarre) is that VPS’ overriding priority is making sure Avenger doesn’t get pirated. Everything is geared towards that. In a way I don’t blame them; like any crime victim (and piracy is absolutely immoral and a crime), they’ve been traumatized and so focus on the harm that genuinely has been done to them. But as a result, ensuring that paying customers - who they should equally be focusing on - have a satisfying user experience appears to be a secondary concern.

And yes, I know about VPS’ upcoming (supposedly) improved, Avenger-specific CodeMeter license manager application (which is still pending two months after the new license scheme launched). It’ll be interesting to see how that actually pans out.
Last edited by SirkusPi on Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:19 pm
Sam-U wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:09 pm I agree the hobbyists usually have online connection and don't care at all. Other than pro studio, schools or live musicians, but they're obviously not the targeted audience. Still imo a total lack of brain capacity to require reactivation of a dongle protected license...
FWIW - I'm a pro, been in the business for 30 years. Everyone - and even most studios I work in - are connected online. I can't begin to imagine not doing so, my productivity would plummet - I spend all day uploading and downloading to clients, video conferences with the DAW etc.

But let's not go there again. Point is - most people today work online.
26 years in business + part time teacher in school, other experiences. Anyways, the online thing aside it's not smart to defeat the purpose of a dongle. And it's not smart too to test a new copy-protection (their keyfile system which was predetermined to fail) with the release of a self-called "flagship" product and not on a cheap or free plugin. It's not smart to release products or updates in a failure state just to rush to the next sales event. Communication or filter-bubble stuff like their (once) own totally unbiased ( :hihi: ) forum or now facebook group not to mention.

dreamvoid wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:57 pm
v1o wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:27 pm Sorry if this has been asked before, but is Avenger compatible with the Codemeter USB dongle that Reason uses?
Only if it is the newer version (3.x). That was another annoyance for me - I had two older CodeMeters for Reason and Samplitude, but had to buy a new one (55,-€) from Wibu for Avenger.
There was no info at all, that older dongles didn't work. I got the hint from a user to update the Codemeter dongles I already had and during this process one update failed and rendered one Codemeter dongle inactive. Magix great support replaced that dongle at no cost - even with the newest model.
The whole experience with Codemeter dongles and Avenger was and is a mess. Before that I never had a problem with Codemeter dongles - they were just doing their thing in the background on Mac and PC.
What is the advantage of a codemeter dongle compared to the software? If you got the dongle do you still need to run the codemeter software?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:07 pmWhat is the advantage of a codemeter dongle compared to the software? If you got the dongle do you still need to run the codemeter software?
Usually the advantage is: activate *the perpetual license* once, no one can take it away from you, use it everywhere. Some sort of driver/software has to be installed of course for the communication with the dongle. But as far as I read it works all different with this product, such that unlike with eLicenser or iLok the dongle does not have any value but introduces the same disadvantages + compatibility problems.

i don't know in which studios or schools some are working here? I never saw one with just offline PCs. Real professionals are working with backups, Raid ... and especially in schools with some restrictions to prevent surfing on illegal or potential dangerous websites. But beeing online is no problem and today a must because much Software has copy protections which wants that.

So go online, you can! :D

Return to “Instruments”